Nunes clearly the ladies Goat

Zingano is a GOAT in the same sense as Aldo. She was absolutely dominant early in her career, then made a huge tactical error that resulted in a 14-second defeat and was never the same afterwards.

Aldo was the reigning champ and had been beating all-comers for a while, whereas Zingano was never the champ nor the best in her division. I agree that the very decisive nature of her loss to Ronda means she will probably be forever underrated, but please do put her a notch or two below Aldo.

How do you come to Shev being P4P better? Official rankings don't have her ahead in P4P.

I'm not saying she's not btw, just wondering what the claim is based off.
Their fights were very close, but Amanda is a lot bigger.
I also think Valentina has technically better stand up (whereas Nunes is not on the same level as someone as let's say GDR).

Depends on what you value more? Peak or longevity.

Cat Zingano threw Nunes around like a ragdoll, then beat her into a bloody mess at UFC 178.

tumblr_nn3tvgiE7x1utulvvo1_400.gif

EPWK.gif

tumblr_nclv5h0gg41tcn168o1_400.gif

Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Zingano was undefeated at that time. Her victory over Meisha Tate was the best display of MMA in women's history. Joanna vs Weili was essentially just a striking match. Zingano vs Tate was complete MMA.

Zingano is a GOAT in the same sense as Aldo. She was absolutely dominant early in her career, then made a huge tactical error that resulted in a 14-second defeat and was never the same afterwards. But if you look at her fights before that, she was dominant, including against elite competition like Nunes.

Nunes has been able to sustain dominance over a longer period of time, but Zingano reached a higher peak, although it was pretty short.

Aldo was the reigning champ and had been beating all-comers for a while, whereas Zingano was never the champ nor the best in her division. I agree that the very decisive nature of her loss to Ronda means she will probably be forever underrated, but please do put her a notch or two below Aldo.
I think it minimizes what happened to just call Cat’s loss to Ronda a “tactical error.” Ronda smoked most everyone in seconds.
Alexis Davis also TKOed Nunes, and Ronda annihilated her in 16 seconds.
Sarah D’Alelio beat Nunes by decision, and Ronda smoked her in like 25 seconds.

Their fights were very close, but Amanda is a lot bigger.
I also think Valentina has technically better stand up (whereas Nunes is not on the same level as someone as let's say GDR).
I think Valentina is technically better in most aspects of MMA, but I don't think her resume is or the division she fights in(Maybe it is i'm not sure on this), so don't know if i'd put her P4P higher just on technical ability.... I think GDR has technically better hands than both of them(And by quite a distance).

Shevchenko is p4p better and would beat Nunes if they were the same size.

Nunes is awesome as f*ck though and i'm splitting hairs here.

Agree... I think Shev is skill for skill the most complete... But Amanda's wins over Honda and Cyborg are pretty hard to argue.... Everyone else is a distant second..

If Shevchenko was the same size, she'd obviously have more power in her shots, speed (carrying less fat), longer reach, and there'd be a lot more of this:
giphy.gif

Fair enough. I don't even remember Val getting Nunes down like that. Man, Val is fucking strong. The way she took down Holly was impressive. Ragdolling JJ was amazing as well.

According to Wiki
Shev 66.5' reach and is 5 ft 5.
Nunes 69' reach and is 5 ft 8.

Yeh, that's a pretty nice reach advantage. I wouldn't even say Nunes was able to make the most of it either in that 2nd fight. I don't think Val really relies on or lets reach dictate a fight.

Interesting to think how that 2nd fight would have went if the reach was the same.

If Shevchenko was the same size, she'd obviously have more power in her shots, speed (carrying less fat), longer reach, and there'd be a lot more of this:
giphy.gif

That was smooth and sexy.

Val is another treat.

That actually qualifies as MMAth. If Amanda is smaller, she would be another matchup as she might be quicker; she would have a different physique. This is meaningless conjecture, kind of like "If my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle."

Shevchenko is a tough stylistic matchup for Amanda because of her speed, but that does not make her better, or the GOAT. Amanda is the GOAT as she has by far the best resume.

giphy.gif

I disagree that Schevchenko is better p4p, because when it was Nunes's time to move-up in weight, she absolutely destroyed a long reigning champion that many people ducked. Nunes is a double champ with a first round stoppage over every single woman who held the 135 and 145 belt in the UFC. Valentina is awesome but she doesn't have those credentials.

Cat Zingano threw Nunes around like a ragdoll, then beat her into a bloody mess at UFC 178.

EPWK.gif

Zingano was undefeated at that time. Her victory over Meisha Tate was the best display of MMA in women's history. Joanna vs Weili was essentially just a striking match. Zingano vs Tate was complete MMA.

Zingano is a GOAT in the same sense as Aldo. She was absolutely dominant early in her career, then made a huge tactical error that resulted in a 14-second defeat and was never the same afterwards. But if you look at her fights before that, she was dominant, including against elite competition like Nunes.

Nunes has been able to sustain dominance over a longer period of time, but Zingano reached a higher peak, although it was pretty short.

That's another hilarious bit of MMAth. You do realize Amanda was nowhere near the quality of fighter that she would become, right?

I think Valentina is technically better in most aspects of MMA, but I don't think her resume is or the division she fights in(Maybe it is i'm not sure on this), so don't know if i'd put her P4P higher just on technical ability.... I think GDR has technically better hands than both of them(And by quite a distance).
That's very fair. Agreed mate.

That actually qualifies as MMAth. If Amanda is smaller, she would be another matchup as she might be quicker; she would have a different physique. This is meaningless conjecture, kind of like "If my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle."

Shevchenko is a tough stylistic matchup for Amanda because of her speed, but that does not make her better, or the GOAT. Amanda is the GOAT as she has by far the best resume.
That point abut Amanda being faster is actually quite good.

Still, i consider Valentina to be the better fighter - that is not to say that i don't understand why you or others see Amanda as the women's GOAT (instead of Valentina).
In fact, it doesn't bug me at all and i think they're super close either way, so yeah.

Great fighter.... too bad there's only a handful across all of WMMA.

Too bad GDR has shit-tier grappling or she would have beat the hell out of Amanda.

EPWK.gif

Not at all similar to Aldo considering how long his dominant rain as champion was and i dont get your point about Zingano reaching a higher peak then Nunes, knocking out Cyborg like she did was quite the peak . I will say though looking at her record she's got an incredible amount of finishes for a WMMA fighter . Gotta watch some of her old fights
<mma4>

Shevchenko is so boring in there though.

Shes not just wmma goat shes a top 5 mma goat.

Bones
Fedor
Anderson
Nunes
MM

Top 5 goats

"goo goo and ka Ka’s"

Are they promoting Lady GaGa?

Back