NSA Whistleblower Destroys Obama's Russia Narrative - "Hard Evidence Points To An Inside Leak . . .

It's nothing short of staggering that after everything that has happened in this election, there are still people who refuse to believe that The DNC would lie about something like this.

If life has taught me one things it is to NEVER underestimate how stupid and gullible people are capable of being.

as a software developer, I'm firmly in the leak camp as well, been saying it for the longest time.

hell Wikileaks repeated sounds like wiki - LEAKS lol, that should clue you in!

from a technical POV, I really cant understand how these hackers are breaking through. You guys are that good, you wouldnt be where you are in working in silicon valley instead ;)

DDOS attacks are so popular because actual hacking is too hard to do.... hacking an email provider like google? lmao, good luck with that.

It's not like they brute forced the passwords...

They were clearly phished, we have email evidence of that and that has been released.

It's nothing short of staggering that after everything that has happened in this election, there are still people who refuse to believe that The DNC would lie about something like this.

If life has taught me one things it is to NEVER underestimate how stupid and gullible people are capable of being.

There is no denying that the DNC would lie about it.

But's hard to not to take a listen when the NSA, CIA, FBI, and 14 other US intelligence agencies as well as private security firms, not to mention leading Democrats AND Republicans.

There are too many competing parties and factions agreeing on something for there not to be anything there.

I find it very hard to believe the NSA is letting their retirees fart around materials involved in an ongoing investigation.

Where was it said or implied that the retired agent got to pour over the data? The man was explaining why he believes it had to be an inside job and not a hack.

It's not like they brute forced the passwords...

They were clearly phished, we have email evidence of that and that has been released.
phishing is considered hacking these days?

hell, anyone can write up a phishing email, and Russia isnt the only country to do it, many others mainly Nigeria....

either way, if it were presented as phishing, no one would buy it, but since it's a mythical hacker, who are capable of ripping open vpn's and siphoning data, then Russians! Impossible to prove/disprove, so push that narrative.

Forsooth. We elected a blatant con man to POTUS.

Jesus H Christ, this is seriously the most uninformed debate of all time. Anyone with any knowledge of cyber knows that the Russians could hack a cheap-ass email server like the ones that the DNC use. It's not like the DNC has special servers that are air-gapped and use special encryption like state secrets on the most secure networks. They use the same caliber shit as the rest of us use. It's not hard to break in. Fuck, I know plenty of guys that could have done it themselves, and they're nowhere near as good as the Russians.

However, that doesn't mean that the Russians actually DID anything besides look around. When you change files, you leave a signature. When you leave a signature, you get caught. And I don't think the Russians want to get caught messing with a US election. Do you? If they actually changed the files to change votes in the system, that would probably be an act of war. So yeah, they probably did a little espionage, but the real power is getting Americans to question the legitimacy of their election and to get an uninformed population to think that the Russians have unlimited capabilities so that we fear them. Hey, Vladimir Putin or anyone from the FSK, if you're reading this, you're not that good. Your President is a pussy too.

phishing is considered hacking these days?

hell, anyone can write up a phishing email, and Russia isnt the only country to do it, many others mainly Nigeria....

either way, if it were presented as phishing, no one would buy it, but since it's a mythical hacker, who are capable of ripping open vpn's and siphoning data, then Russians! Impossible to prove/disprove, so push that narrative.

Phishing is a form of hack.

Sometimes the simplest tool is still the best.

It has been presented as phishing, at least in regards to Podesta.

Where was it said or implied that the retired agent got to pour over the data? The man was explaining why he believes it had to be an inside job and not a hack.

Because he used the phrase "hard evidence"

Phishing is a form of hack.

Sometimes the simplest tool is still the best.

It has been presented as phishing, at least in regards to Podesta.
No, the act of sending a phishing email is not a hack. If the user clicks the hyperlink or opens the file attached to it, then they are in the system. That is a hack. Phishing, in its many forms, is the most common way to get into a system so that you can do something meaningful or spy on someone.

He retired almost immediately after 9/11, and has since been persona non grata in intelligence circles. To think that this guy is a good source of anything except sour grapes is laughable.

His reasoning is pretty shaky too. Basically, he surmises that the NSA's program, which he has never had access to because it started after he resigned, would have collected the data, but didn't collect the data, so it must have been a leak. He assumes that NSA doesn't have the data because they haven't told us they have it, but it seems equally plausible that they do have the data and just don't want to expose intelligence secrets about data collection.

I'm a hardcore hater of the Democrats and I think it's pathetic how the media spins together a 'hacked by the Russians' narrative that often makes it sound as if Russians hacked voting machines and gave some votes to Trump if you only read the headlines or Democrat's comments on the issue.

But as a professional security engineer, my honest opinion is that I don't doubt that they were able to link the DNC hack to some 'Russian group'.

Some of the independent companies are highly respected and if they come to the same conclusion like intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies, I just don't see a rational argument why I wouldn't believe them. Of course, you probably can 'buy' anybody but the risks would be higher than the rewards.
It's just important to keep in mind to look at it from the right angle and understand what they do or don't know.
The attacks were linked to so-called "advanced persistent threats actors" located in Russia, organized groups capable of professional and targeted attacks at high-priority targets, and those specific groups involved in the DNC hack are typically "associated" with Russian intelligence agencies, which means they are 'likely' sponsored and called into action by Russian agencies.
Those are conclusions based on strong technical indicators, their modus operandi, their targets, their capabilities etc.
But that's still not like in a movie where they find an IP address in the logs, enter it in some search engine and say "Oh it's the kremlin" or "we identified Victor Gorchow, he works for the KGB!". It's also not necessarily a fact that every advanced persistent threat works exclusively for a specific intelligence agency. So I don't doubt their findings linking (I believe two of) those groups to the DNC breach, but that's just not the same as what most people have in mind when they read or write the Russians hacked our election!
I should add that I'm not a penetration tester but audit software and that I didn't actually spend a lot of time reading through the facts but I feel a lot of people just miss any perspective on what we're even talking about with those Russian hacks.

Last edited:
I'm a hardcore hater of the Democrats and I think it's pathetic how the media spins together a 'hacked by the Russians' narrative that often makes it sound as if Russians hacked voting machines and gave some votes to Trump if you only read the headlines or Democrat's comments on the issue.

But as a professional security engineer, my honest opinion is that I don't doubt that they were able to link the DNC hack to some 'Russian group'.

Some of the independent companies are highly respected and if they come to the same conclusion like intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies, I just don't see a rational argument why I wouldn't believe them. Of course, you probably can 'buy' anybody but the risks would be higher than the rewards.
It's just important to keep in mind to look at it from the right angle and understand what they do or don't know.
The attacks were linked to so-called "advanced persistent threats" located in Russia, organized groups capable of professional and targeted attacks at high-priority targets, and those specific groups involved in the DNC hack are typically "associated" with Russian intelligence agencies, which means they are 'likely' sponsored and called into action by Russian agencies.
Those are conclusions based on strong technical indicators, their modus operandi, their targets, their capabilities etc.
But that's still not like in a movie where they find an IP address in the logs, enter it in some search engine and say "Oh it's the kremlin" or "we identified Victor Gorchow, he works for the KGB!". It's also not necessarily a fact that every advanced persistent threat works exclusively for a specific. intelligence agency. So I don't doubt their findings linking (I believe two of) those groups to the DNC breach, but that's just not the same as what most people have in mind when they read or write the Russians hacked our election!
I should say that I'm not a penetration tester but audit software and that I didn't actually spend a lot of time reading through the facts but I feel a lot of people just miss any perspective on what we're even talking about with those Russian hacks.

They can definitely pinpoint that some Russian actors hacked in some systems. The wordings from the President and the non-named sources in the newspapers as well as Brennan and supposedly others, only say Russians. They don't mention what they hacked ( probably won't because of " security reasons ), or exactly who it was that hacked.
Give us the fucking details is all I ask for, and I imagine most rational people want that as well. What effects did those " hacks " have? I hope there is a Congressional inquiry/investigation and it shows that those hacks were then sent to Wikileaks and then put online for the world to see.
Because, let's be clear here, the only information ( hacked or leaked ) that was shared or exploited in various media, were the emails from Wikileaks.
If not, then the Dems won't win another election in the next 32 years.

as a software developer, I'm firmly in the leak camp as well, been saying it for the longest time.

hell Wikileaks repeated sounds like wiki - LEAKS lol, that should clue you in!

from a technical POV, I really cant understand how these hackers are breaking through. You guys are that good, you wouldnt be where you are in working in silicon valley instead ;)

DDOS attacks are so popular because actual hacking is too hard to do.... hacking an email provider like google? lmao, good luck with that.
well that doesn't rule out social engineering, which we know is how podesta was 'hacked'

"Hard evidence"

*Provides no evidence*

Yeah, let's go ahead and file this in the nonsense/gutter trash folder LMAO.

Back