NSA vs KGB. Whats the difference?

1. Better computers (NSA)

2. Nothing

KGB do combat sambo. NSA do American wrestlin.

don't be so sure

Yeah I'm sure. It was disbanded when the USSR fell and merged into two other branches, Federal Security Services and Federal Intelligence Service or something similar.

NSA is bigger and better equipped on a world scale than any other security program on the planet.

I'm under the impression that NSA is only focused on encryption, government network security and electronic intelligence gathering. KGB was more similar to CIA, where they sent out field agents and develop associates for HUMINT. They both violate civil liberties and human rights of their home country, so fuck them.

Nsa does sigint. Pretty sure kgb is closer to cia (humint)

I'm under the impression that NSA is only focused on encryption, government network security and electronic intelligence gathering. KGB was more similar to CIA, where they sent out field agents and develop associates for HUMINT. They both violate civil liberties and human rights of their home country, so fuck them.

The bolded pretty much ends this thread.

Pretty much what I was going to post.

Your source on how a Russian organization compares to an American one is a Russian newspaper?

I tried to word that so it was obvious that it was to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hey its a step up from a youtube video. Baby steps :D
Actually what that article points out is that the FSB has legal authority to be far more intrusive than the NSA.
I don't know that IDL actually read beyond the headline though.

Actually what that article points out is that the FSB has legal authority to be far more intrusive than the NSA.
I don't know that IDL actually read beyond the headline though.

I read that, yes.

You guys are making me regret what I thought was a valid contribution to this thread!

Back