Elections NRCC threatens donors that they will be put on a defectors list if they do not continue donating

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
People worry about the evil Democrats but the NRCC is showing its true face of evil by threatening donors with repercussions if they stop donating. Scary stuff but this is from the group that wants to give people more freedom yeah OK. Nazi action by the Republican party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ced29e-97e1-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html
"

The National Republican Congressional Committee threatened donors that it will tell former president Donald Trump that they are defectors if they opt out of giving recurring monthly funds to the campaign arm for the House GOP.

After donating to the NRCC, donors are shown a yellow box with a small pre-checked box that warns: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.” Left checked and the supporter will be agreeing to contribute every month.

The tactic, roundly criticized by campaign finance experts as deceptive, was also employed by the Trump campaign from September until the 2020 election to shore up its dwindling coffers.

Many Trump supporters who intended to donate only once were unwittingly enrolled to give weekly because they didn’t read the fine print requiring them to uncheck a box, a New York Times investigation found, resulting in credit card complaints, overdrafts and the Trump campaign refunding tens of millions of dollars to its supporters.

The Trump team continued the recurring payments for more than a month after the November election.

The NRCC’s use of recurring payments has drawn comparisons with the Trump campaign’s fundraising scheme.

NRCC spokesman Michael McAdams defended the practice, saying in an email that it “employs the same standards that are accepted and utilized by Democrats and Republicans across the digital fundraising ecosystem.”

The fundraising platform for Republicans, called WinRed, and for Democrats, called ActBlue, have both used pre-checked boxes to set up recurring donations. But the New York Times found the amount of refunds WinRed made to donors in 2020 far exceeded what ActBlue returned to supporters.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) shared screenshots of its prompts after an initial donation is made that says “Make it monthly!” with “Yes, count me in” pre-checked next to an option that says, “No, donate once.” If the person chooses the recurring option, a pop-up appears confirming the monthly payment with a link that says, “Make this a one-time contribution instead?”

Advertisement
“Unlike the NRCC, we use clear language and confirm with our grass-roots supporters that they would like to set up a recurring monthly donation,” said Helen Kalla, a DCCC spokeswoman.

Craig Holman, a lobbyist on good-government issues at Public Citizen, said requests for recurring donations are common but should always offer clear instructions and don’t threaten repercussions if a donor opts out.

The Republicans’ tactic, he said, is “extortion,” “akin to blackmail” and “highly unethical,” but it is not illegal. Political donors who feel duped or coerced don’t have a lot of legal recourse under campaign finance or consumer protection laws.

Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at Common Cause, a government accountability organization, said it comes down to “basic human decency.”

“While it should be easy for supporters of an organization to make recurring donations, people shouldn’t be tricked or bullied into making donations,” Ryan said. “NRCC and Trump solicitations seem to have crossed this line.”

"

Are they worried that pro Trump people won’t want to back the establishment GOP?

lol either continue donating to us or we're gonna tell Daddy on you.

I think I understand why a certain group was calling 45 "Daddy" all the time.

Probably bad but I’d like an actual news organization to cover this before I make any comments

Well, heresy laws aren't exactly unheard of in conservative circles, but I'm curious as to what the spin will be.

Gotta say, mandatory membership dues and excommunication is beyond fucked. The Church of Scientology should sue on the grounds of culty rights infringement.

Well, heresy laws aren't exactly unheard of in conservative circles, but I'm curious as to what the spin will be.

Gotta say, mandatory membership dues and excommunication is beyond fucked. The Church of Scientology should sue on the grounds of culty rights infringement.
I agree. If this is true.
Probably the RNC wants to restore control over the party and direct it

If this is true is a big if.

However, Trump is a known egomaniac and control freak, so it really wouldn't surprise me.
Thing is yes it’s huge if true. I have trouble With anything the NUT says about the right. They’ve straight up lied multiple times I need more sources to trust this

The main difference is that the DNC has low level activists making the threats at their behalf so they have more deniability.

People worry about the evil Democrats but the NRCC is showing its true face of evil by threatening donors with repercussions if they stop donating. Scary stuff but this is from the group that wants to give people more freedom yeah OK. Nazi action by the Republican party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ced29e-97e1-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html
"

The National Republican Congressional Committee threatened donors that it will tell former president Donald Trump that they are defectors if they opt out of giving recurring monthly funds to the campaign arm for the House GOP.

After donating to the NRCC, donors are shown a yellow box with a small pre-checked box that warns: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.” Left checked and the supporter will be agreeing to contribute every month.

The tactic, roundly criticized by campaign finance experts as deceptive, was also employed by the Trump campaign from September until the 2020 election to shore up its dwindling coffers.

Many Trump supporters who intended to donate only once were unwittingly enrolled to give weekly because they didn’t read the fine print requiring them to uncheck a box, a New York Times investigation found, resulting in credit card complaints, overdrafts and the Trump campaign refunding tens of millions of dollars to its supporters.

The Trump team continued the recurring payments for more than a month after the November election.

The NRCC’s use of recurring payments has drawn comparisons with the Trump campaign’s fundraising scheme.

NRCC spokesman Michael McAdams defended the practice, saying in an email that it “employs the same standards that are accepted and utilized by Democrats and Republicans across the digital fundraising ecosystem.”

The fundraising platform for Republicans, called WinRed, and for Democrats, called ActBlue, have both used pre-checked boxes to set up recurring donations. But the New York Times found the amount of refunds WinRed made to donors in 2020 far exceeded what ActBlue returned to supporters.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) shared screenshots of its prompts after an initial donation is made that says “Make it monthly!” with “Yes, count me in” pre-checked next to an option that says, “No, donate once.” If the person chooses the recurring option, a pop-up appears confirming the monthly payment with a link that says, “Make this a one-time contribution instead?”

Advertisement
“Unlike the NRCC, we use clear language and confirm with our grass-roots supporters that they would like to set up a recurring monthly donation,” said Helen Kalla, a DCCC spokeswoman.

Craig Holman, a lobbyist on good-government issues at Public Citizen, said requests for recurring donations are common but should always offer clear instructions and don’t threaten repercussions if a donor opts out.

The Republicans’ tactic, he said, is “extortion,” “akin to blackmail” and “highly unethical,” but it is not illegal. Political donors who feel duped or coerced don’t have a lot of legal recourse under campaign finance or consumer protection laws.

Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at Common Cause, a government accountability organization, said it comes down to “basic human decency.”

“While it should be easy for supporters of an organization to make recurring donations, people shouldn’t be tricked or bullied into making donations,” Ryan said. “NRCC and Trump solicitations seem to have crossed this line.”

"

they defected from the donors side to the non-donors side. Please seek TDS treatment.

Probably bad but I’d like an actual news organization to cover this before I make any comments
Sorry bro, haven't seen any memes on it but there might be some rando Tweeting about it or a 4chan post on it somewhere.

<{Heymansnicker}>

After donating to the NRCC, donors are shown a yellow box with a small pre-checked box that warns: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.”

What's he going to do, put coal in your stocking next Christmas? <Lmaoo>

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F49fefc7a-e814-11e7-8936-67803328d3f4.jpg

Sorry bro, haven't seen any memes on it but there might be some rando Tweeting about it or a 4chan post on it somewhere.

<{Heymansnicker}>
lol oh you and your shilling. I hope the NYT sends you a new vibrator for all the work you’re doing for them

More news outlets I am sure Monday this will expand. My pro Trump friends did not seemed surprised by it. They had the classic pro Trump answer "Well at least they are not taking my right to own a gun away. " Their logic was they don't like it but Democrats are worse because they will take their rights away. I just said Goodluck with that one.

"
The political arm of House Republicans is deploying a prechecked box to enroll donors into repeating monthly donations — and using ominous language to warn them of the consequences if they opt out: “If you UNCHECK this box, we will have to tell Trump you’re a DEFECTOR.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...republicans-donations-trump-defector.amp.html

The language appears to be an effort by the National Republican Congressional Committee to increase its volume of recurring donations, which are highly lucrative, while invoking former President Donald J. Trump’s popularity with the conservative base. Those donors who do not proactively uncheck the box will have their credit cards billed or bank accounts deducted for donations every month.
"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...republicans-donations-trump-defector.amp.html

lol oh you and your shilling. I hope the NYT sends you a new vibrator for all the work you’re doing for them
Jealous

And you'll have to keep using your old one cuck

Reactions: PEB
Back