NRA press conference friday

Lug's Spear

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just saw this pop up on CNN's website. I have been following it to see what people have to say about gun control. They claim the NRA is going to hold a press conference on this coming Friday. The rest of the article sucks and makes the NRA out to be some sort of manipulative group (sigh).

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/politics/nra-silence-regrouping/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Since CNN doesn't always get it right I checked the website itself and they have it posted here that it's going to happen.

http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Last edited:
I don't understand why this debate is so black and white. Gun control is feasible yes, but force gun owners to have proper training. It's painfully obvious you will never keep guns out of the hands of criminals. No matter how much you try. Every bleeding heart wants to get rid of the cause. Well boys and girls until we live in a society where everyone gets along and no wants to kill each other there will always be a need for guns.
And what the hell is the deal with arming teachers? No need to give them guns. How about long range mace cans, stun devices, etc. No one wants to think a school would ever become a combat zone, but it has and it will again. And pay teachers more for shits sake. Let's say 1 in 5 faculty on every school is trained for such an occasion. They should receive some sort of monthly pay and be required a minimum annual training course.

I don't understand why this debate is so black and white. Gun control is feasible yes, but force gun owners to have proper training. It's painfully obvious you will never keep guns out of the hands of criminals. No matter how much you try. Every bleeding heart wants to get rid of the cause. Well boys and girls until we live in a society where everyone gets along and no wants to kill each other there will always be a need for guns.
And what the hell is the deal with arming teachers? No need to give them guns. How about long range mace cans, stun devices, etc. No one wants to think a school would ever become a combat zone, but it has and it will again. And pay teachers more for shits sake. Let's say 1 in 5 faculty on every school is trained for such an occasion. They should receive some sort of monthly pay and be required a minimum annual training course.

Sounds like this will cost more money for gun owners, which may cause people that don't have money to not be able to defend their family. If they inherit a gun, but don't have the money to afford training then they still won't be able to exercise their 2A rights. Also some people that live in the lower class don't even have time to help their children with homework let alone attend gun training, but I digress.

Get what you can while it's available. This is looking very bad.

"Shall not be infringed" is not that hard to understand. Never give up an inch, it doesn't matter because the gun grabbers want it all. This isn't about "assault weapons" or "high cap mags" this is about wanting a disarmed, helpless society. Once they realize how utterly useless an "assault weapons ban" is(hint, CT has an AWB and the shooter's AR was compliant) they'll come after all the guns.

This is the governments fault for setting up these "gun free" killing zones. They set them up and now want to take citizens guns away because of their failures? Lets not even get into big-pharma's involvement in all this...

If the NRA caves on friday, and it sounds like they will it's all over for the 2A. The gun grabbers will not be satisfied with an AWB this time around. They'll want all the semi-autos and don't worry, they'll come for everything else right after.

Thanks for posting this. Good stuff.

That was very good. I wasn't expecting him to suggest belt fed weapons to the police, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

That was very good. I wasn't expecting him to suggest belt fed weapons to the police, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Some would find that extreme I say necessary. As an infantryman I would not want to fight an enemy that has superior firepower to my own. Why should the police go up against criminals that have fully automatics with pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles? It should be used in conjunction with training on the escalation of force.

The majority of murder victims
64% of murder victims in New Orleans had past felony arrests
91% of Baltimores murder victims had criminal records
75% of murder victims in Philadelphia had criminal records
77% of murder victims in Milwaukee had an average of 12 arrests
85% of murder victims in Newark had criminal records
91% of murder victims in Arizona had criminal records
74% of murder victims in San Fransisco had criminal records
75% of murder victims in Indianapolis had criminal records
71% of murder victims in Charlotte had criminal records
60% of murder victims in Atlanta had criminal records

The majority of murderers

81% of all homicide defendants have at least one arrest on their record.

66% have two or more arrests.

67% have at least one felony arrest.

56% have two or more felony arrests.

70% have at least one conviction.

54% have at least one felony conviction.

Apparently people that are not allowed to buy guns are doing the most killing,
Percentage of legal gun owners murdering ? less than 1 %
After Columbine gun free zones were created, they are NOT working
Every massacre at a school since Columbine has been done by people using weapons they were not allowed to possess, all apparently had serious mental issues
all were 18 to 25 years old. Semi auto weapons with 30 rd magazines have been around since ww2 and are not the weapons used in a majority of murders
According to an anti gun survey conducted during the Clinton administration guns were used over 4,000 times a day or close to 1.5 million times a year, yet we only hear about the people who do the crimes with weapons they shouldn't have and how banning legal owners of guns will stop crime, why ? It is time to protect our children with the same forces used to protect our money and airplanes, there are plenty of well trained vets that are perfectly qualified to provide protection for our greatest asset and many are looking for work, This atrocity is just another example of what does not work .

20622533.jpg

Comment posted on a Yahoo article.

If we truly cherish our kids more than our money or our celebrities, we must give them the greatest level of protection possible and the security that is only available with a properly trained — armed — good guy.

America's priorities are a joke at times. The NRA has the right idea tho. You can afford to fight wars around the world but you can't afford to protect yourselves.

why what?

why so many gun murders? its easier to point and pull a trigger than it is to use your bare hands. People kill people every day, that won't change. they will always find a way to do it.

why what?

why so many gun murders? its easier to point and pull a trigger than it is to use your bare hands. People kill people every day, that won't change. they will always find a way to do it.

i was wondering why it happens in america A LOT more than in other countries...

Back