NRA about to collapse due to illegal activity

I have the 22mag cyclinder too, and I bought the checkered grips. I love the little thing, I've put thousands of rounds through it. I shoot at an outdoor range run by Winchester (they make Winchester brass near me) and whenever the weather is nice, I go shoot. After I've spent about $20 to $40 on 9mm, I'll just shoot with the Heritage for the rest of the day to get more time without breaking the bank.

I taught my daughter how to shoot with a Heritage Rough Rider revolver, and 22 shorts. I still have the brass casings. The 22 shorts that I used to teach her, was my Grandfather's ammunition.

And I think you saying the vast majority has no idea what the hell they're doing, is speaking in too broad of a brush stroke as well.

You think I give them too much credit, it's clear you're not going to give them enough.

We currently have more guns than we have people in this country, and 99.9% of those guns will never be used in the commission of a crime. Statistically speaking, the American people are amazingly well behaved with their firearms.

The gun bans you're mentioning were in a select few towns, and was only possible in territories. No Citywide gun ban has ever held up in court in a U.S. state.

When people bring up the argument you did, they forget that at the time, territories we're governed under a different set of rules than States. This is why so many people wanted statehood. The rules are more uniform and easily defined in a state versus a territory.

No. The assault weapons ban was going to be permanent, but the NRA got in a 10-year sunset clause placed into the ban at the last minute.

Without the NRA, the "assault weapons" ban would still be law the United States.

No other activist group or Law Firm had the clout to get that done, and no politician since has been willing to spend the kind of political capital that would have been necessary to get the ban lifted.

I'm afraid there's no counter to my argument:

Without the NRA, the "assault weapons" ban would still be law.

*camaraderie

You can place yourself on a minimum contact list.

The sense of camaraderie that you enjoyed is still very much alive and well at NRA sponsored events.

The NRA doesn't celebrate incidents of shooting. Please name one.

relating competency to a majority is always a giving too much credit.

The "well behaved" citizenry again I think is more to do with most of the guns sitting in safe somewhere out of sight for most of the people. Also a vast majority of those guns are owned by a very small minority. Of that small minority a majority of those people are responsible and knowledgeable owners. That I will concede.

As far as the ban in the "territories" I'm aware of the "territory vs state" scenario but you overlooked my point and the very important fact, it didn't impede the ownership or propagation of firearms in this country.

We're just going to have to disagree about the impact on the assault weapon ban the NRA had, I seriously can't see how a ban was going to stay in place over a marketing gimmick which is what the name assault weapon is and nothing more.

as for camaraderie (don't know why the spell correct keeps misspelling it), if that's important to you then great. Personally I've always been of the feeling "if you want a friend go buy a dog". Been in the military, played at a fairly high level rugby even on the international level, trained for a little while at a crossfit gym, trained in MMA and grappling arts and enjoy shooting even at times in competition and while all those institutions and hobbies promote and provide a peer group and comradery, it was something I never needed, wanted and quite honestly, I've tried to avoid.

There is a section in their magazine "American Rifleman" "armed citizen" section does it monthly. The whole section is to promote citizens using their firearms to shoot someone. Yes, they do it under the guise of defending themselves, but the language and glib attitude they take about it is very much a celebration of one person shooting another.

Nothing against you personally by the way, while I don't agree with some of your positions you at least have thought provoking retorts. Unlike some of the other people on here that are basically morons parroting something (usually poorly) they heard from some talking head. It's pretty obvious who I consider those people to be since i tend to tear into them pretty viciously, which is something I won't ever apologize for.

I taught my daughter how to shoot with a Heritage Rough Rider revolver, and 22 shorts. I still have the brass casings. The 22 shorts that I used to teach her, was my Grandfather's ammunition.

My shooting buddy was gonna get one for his son but in IL they can't sell the 22LR due to a change in the law regarding the melting point of the aluminum frame or something. I told him to keep an eye on Armslist to pick up one that's used since they can still be had in IL that way.

You've contradicted yourself in the same post:

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways......
I'm not, the second part was in response to you. You're position has been that lying is ok if it's to push liberty. I am saying you can push liberty without fucking lying (and lying is not ok).

Again, I don't know if they're lying but I take issue with you being ok with it and blaming media coverage.

giphy.webp

Where is David Hogg?

The left sure uses folks and then drops them, he was last seen on stage with Michael Moore, who literally took the mike away because Hogg suggested Canadians vote in US elections

Good fucking luck

Sounds like NRA is just reaching to their usual bag of tricks in order to consolidate support (and donations) from their base.

Spreading alarmist views, to reactionary people, is kind of their thing.

Basically, don't count your chickens until they are hatched. They're probably not going anywhere. Every single year they've been "existentially threatened", just like the 2nd amendment.

...Michael Moore, who literally took the mike away because Hogg suggested Canadians vote in US elections

So outlandish I had to look it up. Not sure that's exactly what he said, it's such a trainwreck. Moore included. :eek:

Where is David Hogg?

The left sure uses folks and then drops them, he was last seen on stage with Michael Moore, who literally took the mike away because Hogg suggested Canadians vote in US elections

Good fucking luck
He's in the dojo perfecting his skills..

Sounds like NRA is just reaching to their usual bag of tricks in order to consolidate support (and donations) from their base.

Spreading alarmist views, to reactionary people, is kind of their thing.

Basically, don't count your chickens until they are hatched. They're probably not going anywhere. Every single year they've been "existentially threatened", just like the 2nd amendment.

It's almost like the NRA is a scam

@Cubo de Sangre
So outlandish I had to look it up. Not sure that's exactly what he said, it's such a trainwreck. Moore included. :eek:

He asked if they could contribute to US elections, was told no so he said, then vote here

And he spreads the lie that you can’t vote if you committed a crime. You sure as fuck can, I have 2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors on my record, I vote in every election. This lie is widespread, the fact is, if you are serving your sentence, or on probation or parole, you can not vote, once you are a free man, it’s your right to vote

@Cubo de Sangre

He asked if they could contribute to US elections, was told no so he said, then vote here

And he spreads the lie that you can’t vote if you committed a crime. You sure as fuck can, I have 2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors on my record, I vote in every election. This lie is widespread, the fact is, if you are serving your sentence, or on probation or parole, you can not vote, once you are a free man, it’s your right to vote

Good to see that your inability to follow rules extends beyond Sherdog.

It is so funny that many things right wing are tainted by their lack of real patriotism. The NRA, the Republican Party, the Fn White House. It's sickening how so many of these "patriots" are in bed with foreign nationals.

@vengeful
Good to see that your inability to follow rules extends beyond Sherdog

We were all kids once, I got busted for pot, silly now I have a license to grow it

And I don’t break rules, little pussies cry, because I hurt their feelings

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
It is so funny that many things right wing are tainted by their lack of real patriotism. The NRA, the Republican Party, the Fn White House. It's sickening how so many of these "patriots" are in bed with foreign nationals.

Are you 12?

@KONG-D'SNT-TAP

Are you 12?

Actually I just turned 14 few days ago.

Moore should shift his efforts to help combat the obesity that’s probably gonna take his life.

Hope NY State gets taken to the cleaners in a hefty 9 figure award.

@Cubo de Sangre

2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors!?!?!?!?

<{anton}>

<6>

Back