NPR "All Things Considered" Slams Justin Timberlake Super Bowl Concert For "White Male Privilege"

Most people who take extreme positions seem to be socially unsuccessful.

I know one person who’s emotionally crippled because she cares about everything too much. She has anxiety attacks and constantly misses work because of everything that’s happening in the world (even if it’s not happening to her or anyone she knows). I understand having empathy but people do themselves a disservice trying to empathize with everyone for everything. She’s the type who would both empathize with a victim AND a murderer. There’s no solace for her, only never ending thoughts of helplessness and depression.

Lol @ white male privilege...Timberlake performed to get more chicks to watch the Super Bowl, pretty sure most white males couldn't care less who performs at halftime...and didn't he do the thing with Prince...#nastywoman...

lol @ this single segment and daffy contributor defining the whole of NPR. Don't be a fucking maroon.
You really think this is the only story of this nature npr has aired?
I’ve been a listener/contributer to npr for over twenty years..I am without a doubt a huge fan of them...

That being said, I’m a center leftist who doesn’t care to subscribe to identity politics/false outrage/etc. npr has steadily been moving this direction for the last five years.. I still listen every morning,and hands down feel it’s the best straight news org(tv or radio) but I’m not blind to the pandering.

You really think this is the only story of this nature npr has aired?
I’ve been a listener/contributer to npr for over twenty years..I am without a doubt a huge fan of them...

That being said, I’m a center leftist who doesn’t care to subscribe to identity politics/false outrage/etc. npr has steadily been moving this direction for the last five years.. I still listen every morning,and hands down feel it’s the best straight news org(tv or radio) but I’m not blind to the pandering.

This is a fair statement and I'm sorry I misjudged you.

I used to listen to NPR a lot before I got satellite in the car. I never picked up on the identity politics pandering. I listen to a few left-leaning internet news sources that are far more obvious about it.

I know one person who’s emotionally crippled because she cares about everything too much. She has anxiety attacks and constantly misses work because of everything that’s happening in the world (even if it’s not happening to her or anyone she knows). I understand having empathy but people do themselves a disservice trying to empathize with everyone for everything. She’s the type who would both empathize with a victim AND a murderer. There’s no solace for her, only never ending thoughts of helplessness and depression.
There's that then there's me hearing about like, flooding in Africa and a building collapsing on a daycare and someone like the person you reference at work is like "OMG, that's so horrible I'm so sad.. what about you Greg?":
giphy.gif

EDIT:
Like... "you dumb blonde that's never left the PNW... I deal with adult felonies hearing about children getting raped and shit... you think this bothers me?"

Last edited:
This is a fair statement and I'm sorry I misjudged you.

I used to listen to NPR a lot before I got satellite in the car. I never picked up on the identity politics pandering. I listen to a few left-leaning internet news sources that are far more obvious about it.
The sjw stuff always comes later.. I listen from 4:00am to 6:00am and it’s quality up to date good news, just refreshing to hear straight news still, but after the morning show they go into the other stuff like lifestyle segments,opinions, etc. that’s were it gets nauseous sometimes...

The sjw stuff always comes later.. I listen from 4:00am to 6:00am and it’s quality up to date good news, just refreshing to hear straight news still, but after the morning show they go into the other stuff like lifestyle segments,opinions, etc. that’s were it gets nauseous sometimes...

I am going to revisit it. Thanks.

She's hot but definitely overrated to all hell.

Taylor Swift>Beyonce
screen-shot-2015-03-23-at-8-48-07-am.png

Beyonce_super_bowl_performance.jpg
I’m gonna have to go with Kanye on this one; Taylor Swift is a pretty white girl, but Beyoncé is a W O OO M A N.

beyonce-dancing-braid.gif

Is it White privilege or is he milk-tostey to try to appeal to as big an audience as possible to try to make as much money as possible?

I really enjoy All Things Considered and have fond memories of hearing it for the first in my grandparents living room. I enjoyed my first glass of scotch as I joined my grandfather in his nightly few jiggers. It's a very entertaining show and great memories of getting to know my grandfather a little before he passed.

didnt hate the performance but didnt love it either, the prince thing was cool.

I get where some on the alt right might have issues with the piece. However, it is hard to deny 2 facts.

1) this was definitely a year where the performer should have been African American considering what we have going on in the White House.

2) JT absolutely thumbed his nose at Janet which only makes it worse for the AA community

Where the outrage about projecting prince onto a giant bed sheet for 8 seconds saying I will die for you.
He already dead.

I get where some on the alt right might have issues with the piece. However, it is hard to deny 2 facts.

1) this was definitely a year where the performer should have been African American considering what we have going on in the White House.

2) JT absolutely thumbed his nose at Janet which only makes it worse for the AA community

These are opinions, not facts.

And I'm not sure shoehorning blacks into every major media role would even solve anything. The halftime show is meaningless entertainment so serve as filler until the game resumes. To think it's some platform to make profound political statements is exaggerating it's worth.

This bitch needs to take her "struggle" elsewhere.

Again the show is called " All things considered "

Back