NPR "All Things Considered" Slams Justin Timberlake Super Bowl Concert For "White Male Privilege"

Seen the pics of her, as expected the real struggle she have is with the excess of avaible food

And this is the shit I've been talking about with npr. Non stop identity politics. I want the old npr back ..

It's still there, it's just limited to Tom Ashbrook. In fact, he is easily the beat host on the radio today, as far as calm and nonbias personalities go.

why do these people even care who performs on the halftime show? it's not like these people watch the superbowl anyways...

why do these people even care who performs on the halftime show? it's not like these people watch the superbowl anyways...

Such precious TV time must be reserved for the political statements that they want to make. Even if they don't even watch the product.

Such precious TV time must be reserved for the political statements that they want to make. Even if they don't even watch the product.

NPR is irrelevant and dying out. they should just mind their own business and keep asking for donations.

The idea of forcing black people into events strikes me as tokenism and demeaning but hey whatever she likes

Fuck Ann Powers. Stupid cunt! People want to find white privilege in everything.

No thanks but if that's what floats your boat have at it

Why not!?! is she not beautiful!?!?

you do realize that true beauty is on the inside, right?!?!?

you are just another typical White Cis-Gender supremacist. fu*k you.

Reported.

Why not!?! is she not beautiful!?!?

you do realize that true beauty is on the inside, right?!?!?

you are just another typical White Cis-Gender supremacist. fu*k you.

Reported.
south-park-s18e03c07-take-your-punishment_16x9.jpg

Monday, National Public Radio music critic Ann Powers reacted on “All Things Considered” to Sunday’s Super Bowl LII halftime performance by Justin Timberlake, saying the artist was “not right for this moment.”

“[T]he entire performance was shrouded in the sense of Timberlake not being right for this moment — and the Janet Jackson controversy haunted it,” Powers explained. “He chose to perform the song ‘Rock Your Body,’ during which the famous wardrobe malfunction took place, and yet he didn’t mention Janet. He didn’t shout her out, and stopped the song right before the line during which he ripped off her costume.”

“So, it was almost like he was trying to erase what had happened in the past, but that is just not flying in 2018,” she continued.

According to Powers, Timberlake embodies “white male privilege” because his music does not reflect the “moment of struggle” that the country is apparently in now in 2018.

“[W]e are living in a moment of struggle, and we want our pop music to also reflect that struggle,” said Powers. “And, frankly, Timberlake now embodies that phrase so often spoken today: white male privilege. It’s just not a good look for 2018, and it’s really, in some ways, not his fault. It's just who he is."

http://freebeacon.com/culture/npr-timberlake-white-privilege-halftime-moment/

-----

Taxpayer dollars, out-of-touch with the majority of Americans, etc.

White is not right for america? The media is backhandedly trying to start a war that gets rid of a % of minorities.. You black people kind of see that, right?

I thought his performance was fine. I really don't get the hate.

Even JayZ cheated on her LOL! Dude looks like a mongrel and she's supposed to be the prettiest r&b/pop "sista"?? Haha overrated in looks, talent and in bed.

While I agree about looks and talent; you can't use a guy cheating on a women as an indicator of her looks or sexual abilities.

With most men it's more about opportunity and something different.

Just looked up this Ann Powers woman and well, I won't say anything specifically so I don't get banned but I'm sure you can guess the obvious. Oy vey.

Why would you need to look anything up? Doesn't NPR say everything?

Back