Nowhere to train in Asheville, NC?

Diode

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Heading up for NYE and a long weekend with the wife. Sad to see the only reviewed place in town, Ichiban BJJ, shut down in October. Nearest place I can seem to find is a good 25-30 minutes away. TBH, I'm pretty shocked a city of Asheville's size couldn't support a gym.

Any Western NC people around to chime in? I'm sure the Mrs. wouldn't mind me leaving the Gi at home for a change, but I love checking out new places with different styles!

:confused:

Consider absolute fitness and martial arts in Greenville, SC. It's not a bad drive. The head coach used to coach Stephen Thompson and both Sara McMann and Justin Scoggins train there occasionally.

Too far not to earn the ire of the wife. I live in Charleston and we do plan to visit Greenville at some point so I will keep this in mind, thanks!

I travel that far and more every day to train. Suck it up.

I know it's you and this is a waste of my time replying, but I do the same every day to train too.

This is a vacation. 30m is too far to sneak mat time in.

I think he just wants to do a drop in and keep his wife happy. You wouldn't understand how relationships work.

Yeah, but you travel by reindeer.

images

Also, Asheville is awesome. Why hasn't someone moved there to start a school? It's supposed to be a great town.

I went to Blackeye while visiting, really nice gym. They have purple belt instructors. One of them is a Judo black belt and we worked a lot of Judo throws during training. Lots on white belts.

Back