Nowhere to change at gym

I actually think it's more disgusting to put my work clothes back on my smelly sweaty body, than it is to simply wear gi pants+a t-shirt in the car home. I'd rather launder one sweaty gi, than one sweaty gi+one set of now sweaty work clothes. When I get home, gi goes in the wash, I go in the shower, what's the problem?

Wait, aren't the work clothes getting washed anyway?

I find it disrespectful to wear your gi to class. Change into it there... I dont even go in a changing room I just do it right where you walk in... who cares?

Disrespectful? Why on earth would wearing your gi to class be disrespectful?

Wait, aren't the work clothes getting washed anyway?

I work in an air conditioned office, I don't get sweaty, nor do I habitually spill things on myself. A pair of khakis or jeans that I wear to work can be worn again, if I hang them up when I get home. Even if my work pants are due to be washed, I wouldn't wash them with my gis. Gis are damp with sweat and get washed as soon as I get home. Work clothes are generally not wet, and will not fester if I don't wash them immediately.

I work in an air conditioned office, I don't get sweaty, nor do I habitually spill things on myself. A pair of khakis or jeans that I wear to work can be worn again, if I hang them up when I get home. Even if my work pants are due to be washed, I wouldn't wash them with my gis. Gis are damp with sweat and get washed as soon as I get home. Work clothes are generally not wet, and will not fester if I don't wash them immediately.

This all follows standard Guy laundry protocol as far as Im concerned.

Why are people staring at your gi pants? I sometimes wear my gi pants around (they are so damn comfortable) when not in class, and nobody usually gives me a second look.

If you rocked the full gi I can understand, but if you're just walking down the street rocking the gi pants and carrying your equipment bag, you really shouldn't get any stares.

Can't drop trou in class there are women and children there.

I made this thread in jest but some of yous are taking it a little seriously. When I go to workout straight from work I just change in the port-a-potty that passes for a pisser. I have to put a towel on my car seat when going home regardless of whether I'm wearing gi pants. And as far as walking around not being self conscious some of yous apparently haven't seen how hippie chicks are getting lately.:redface:

You do wear underwear right?

I mean kids and women see speedos at the beach all the time and shirtless men in shorts so I don't see the problem

Why are people staring at your gi pants? I sometimes wear my gi pants around (they are so damn comfortable) when not in class, and nobody usually gives me a second look.

If you rocked the full gi I can understand, but if you're just walking down the street rocking the gi pants and carrying your equipment bag, you really shouldn't get any stares.

I do that often but I live like 400 meters from the dojo

I do that often but I live like 400 meters from the dojo
I wear my gi pants to the gym and then put the top on, although I could wear my full gi straight to class. There is no foot traffic around our gym (as it's in a group of warehouses 2 streets off a main street), so you can get out of your car wearing your gi and no one will give you a second look.

You do wear underwear right?

I mean kids and women see speedos at the beach all the time and shirtless men in shorts so I don't see the problem

yep, I wear a cup and compression shorts too. Gym ownerr said no on changing on the mat and that's that. He's talking about putting a shower in so there will probably be a small changing room too. Might come at the expense of the backroom mat.

I wear my gi pants to and from, no problems.

What kinda gi you wearing? Red Koral's with big-ass logos? Shit with flames? Red Velvet?

I wear my gi pants to and from, no problems.

What kinda gi you wearing? Red Koral's with big-ass logos? Shit with flames? Red Velvet?

Yeah right.

You're not rocking the limited edition Phil Baroni gi are ya?

Why don't you just wear a tracksuit, or at least tracksuit pants over the top of your gi pants?

... problem solved.

Speaking of gi pants. When I first started BJJ my wife didn't realize that you wear gi pants. She thought the gi was like a robe with no pants.

that "how often do you touch someones balls" thread made me lol. Why not just change right in the middle of the place? thats what most people just do at my academy.

Dude our gym is mega small. We just change behind a curtain.

Back