1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Opinion Nowadays when u encounter a racist incident the best thing u can do is to record & post it online?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by TapSnapBreak, Jun 28, 2020.

1. TapSnapBreak Quarantine Crazy

It seems like thats what happends these days Since most people have smartphones, quickly taking it out and recording the racist perpetrator and shaming them on social media is the ideal way to deal with racism? Or is that a punk move what say you ??

2. Curmudgeon Brown Belt

All to often a snippet gets posted skewing the story.

Brodels, DragRacer, C0NCH3TO and 6 others like this.
  3. ShakatheG Green Belt

If you're dumb enough to say racist things on camera then you deserve all of the consequences.

4. rambosabeast Purple Belt

Yes, post to social media and soy whistle to the world that we need more shitty laws to control opinion.

5. genecop Gold Belt

How about in the absence of a camera?

6. ShakatheG Green Belt

Expand on your question.

7. genecop Gold Belt

Do you think people should hold themselves to a higher standard whether or not cameras are rolling?
    I always had a thing I did, and continue to do with my wife..
    Sometimes you can question your behavior regarding being appropriate if you are married. I would use as a barometer, would I behave or say the same thing if my wife was standing next to me..

skaleton likes this.
  8. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

Even when there's no racist incident, nowadays the best thing you can do is try to fake one.

9. ShakatheG Green Belt

I agree, the presence of a camera should not alter a person's behaviour and individuals do need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Evidently, for those who get caught on camera saying these deplorable things, the presence doesn't alter their behaviour.

genecop likes this.
  10. Billy no mates The Pub bore .

Yes , and both parties should prance about like fucking show ponies while making their shrill over the top point .

Grave Buster and A Lurker like this.
  11. JDragon #StayTheFuckHome

I'd say it really depends on how bad it is and whether people in positions of power are involved. Best option should be to get involved and show responsibility as a citizen that you will not accept racism in your country. Support the affected person and open your mouth.

I think uploading stuff to social media is a slippery slope. You may be exposing a hardcore racist, but you may also just be destroying someone's life who had a bad day and acted inappropriately. So even if you do decide to film, I would carefully consider whether to upload that video. If there's good reason to get the person fired, well, even then there is the question of whether it needs to be public knowledge or whether there are other ways of making the employer aware.

MMAisGod and SteveColdStone like this.
  12. ShakatheG Green Belt

But when there is a clear racist incident, the perpetrators should be held accountable right?

13. Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

Depends on which definition of racism you want to use, which races you want to favor and get agitated to play against each other (which in itself is racist) instead of judging the individual by their actions rather than which skin shade they "belong to", etc.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    uppercutbus and Curmudgeon like this.
  14. ShakatheG Green Belt

So do you think having a 'bad day' justifies this behaviour? Do you think people who are having a 'bad day' should be free from dealing with the consequences of their actions?

15. trac209 Red Belt

In 2020 masks and body cams should be mandatory for all....

Grave Buster likes this.
  16. Broke Lester Brown Belt

Right, and when it's clearly staged and covered up, the perpetrators should also be held accountable right? Jussie, Kim Foxx and the fat female Asian lawyer(forgot that pigs name).

spamburger likes this.
  17. ka pow Orange Belt

It's troubling that people are playing the race card in hope of becoming viral internet stars.

18. ShakatheG Green Belt

Ofcouse they should be held accountable. But there are far more real incidents than staged incidents. Why are you focusing on the false allegations as opposed to the actual incidents? I bet you come with that same argument when the topic is about women and rape too right?

19. Curmudgeon Brown Belt

{<jordan}

spamburger, HappyCamper and ElKarlo like this.
  20. Broke Lester Brown Belt

Let's expand on that, how about people having a bad life? Should they burn down other peoples belongings and property because their own parent/parents made bad decisions for the majority of their lives? Should entire groups of people face the consequences because some whore had 3 children from 3 different men by the age of 21 without the resources to care for those children? Should we not also hold those responsible/accountable for abandoning or not being a father/parent to their children? Do you think the people having a bad life should be free from dealing with the consequences of their actions?

HappyCamper likes this.