Now you MFers understand why Yoel fought Izzy the way he did

Yoel fought this way because he didn't want to take any risk to get the belt

no risk no reward,
Yoel had 3 titles shots, and he screwed himself over in each one
he is not good at gameplan, and his corner is just useless

Nah

I think he fought extremely smart.

Unfortunately it led to a shitty fight but had he pushed forward, it wouldn't have ended well for him.

Utilizing his excellent defense and waiting for openings to counter, land that explosive death blow was his best shot.

Izzy seen what Yoel was doing and played it extremely safe. All it takes is one wrong move.

Unfortunately styles make fights but both fought very smart.
No, for that game plan to work for costa at the very least checking the leg kicks needed to be a dressed to be “fighting smart”.

if you getting pieces up in the legs at range , make a fucking adjustment...

anything else, is not fighting smart..

Nah

I think he fought extremely smart.

Unfortunately it led to a shitty fight but had he pushed forward, it wouldn't have ended well for him.

Utilizing his excellent defense and waiting for openings to counter, land that explosive death blow was his best shot.

Izzy seen what Yoel was doing and played it extremely safe. All it takes is one wrong move.

Unfortunately styles make fights but both fought very smart.
And Izzy almost did mess up, Yoel countered him good early and Izzy didn't lead as much, and started feinting more to get Yoel committed to a counter.

Izzy thoroughly impressed me last night. A master class in jabbing and kicking at kickboxer range. And catching Costa's kick to throw that step-out right hook to the body is sublime.

seems like kelvin is the only opponent with balls to actually fight izzy
GlassCircularAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Well he was the DEFENDING champion, in some people minds he doesn’t have to do shit but not get beat.

it’s the CHALLENGERS job to go out and GET the belt.

I don't subscribe to that BS.

It's a fight from scratch.

Completely irrational and illogical take.

he robbed Jacare so you won't see me complaining
agree. also rob won 3 rounds easy in both fights. not hard to score at all. at best yole could have got a draw in the last fight but he had 2 big rounds, and got worked the other 3. he lost the costa fight too. his fans are cry babbies and as much as i like yole its weird seeing people go to bat for a cheater and a guy that bends the rules anyway he can.

seems like kelvin is the only opponent with balls to actually fight izzy
GlassCircularAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif
rob fought. he got caught up in trying to knock his block off though and it cost him.

No, for that game plan to work for costa at the very least checking the leg kicks needed to be a dressed to be “fighting smart”.

if you getting pieces up in the legs at range , make a fucking adjustment...

anything else, is not fighting smart..
Ah yeah I meant Yoel's fight against izzy

agree. also rob won 3 rounds easy in both fights. not hard to score at all. at best yole could have got a draw in the last fight but he had 2 big rounds, and got worked the other 3. he lost the costa fight too. his fans are cry babbies and as much as i like yole its weird seeing people go to bat for a cheater and a guy that bends the rules anyway he can.

rob fought. he got caught up in trying to knock his block off though and it cost him.

Romero lost because he refused to fight. The fans lost too

and as the challenger, robs gameplan sucked but he was going out to get the belt and got caught.
This to me is a better way to go than to lose a decision as the challenger..

Give it everything,when you are trying to take a belt..

and as the challenger, robs gameplan sucked but he was going out to get the belt and got caught.
This to me is a better way to go than to lose a decision as the challenger..

Give it everything,when you are trying to take a belt..
rob was the defending champ but your point still stands.

Yoel hits like a tank, but his gas tank also runs out as quick like a tank. :cool:

rob was the defending champ but your point still stands.
Yeah fuck I forgot about that lol..

don’t know why I was thinking he was trying to get his belt back, I guess subconsciously I was thinking he lost it to Romero

Uhhhhh no. Israel handily defeating Costa does not erase the Yoel fight.

This fight proved 2 things.

1. Israel was better than Costa and is legit.
2. MMath got another devastating blow.

That's it. You don't get to change fight outcomes cause of this fight.

I don't see Costa going away anytime soon, maybe he reflects on this ridiculous performance and gets his head straight and rematches Izzy in the future.

Yeah fuck I forgot about that lol..

don’t know why I was thinking he was trying to get his belt back, I guess subconsciously I was thinking he lost it to Romero
he was comingoff a long layoff too from injury. and there was a 6 foot 4 nigerian waiting for him lol

Yoel fought that way because he has no cardio.

Back