Now what for Carmont?

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He robs (arguably) 2 mid tier n (at best) 185'ers then Dana sets him up to get KO'ed and he dominates the top 10'er in question. How far is he from contendership? Is he already there....so inconsistent bit won big when it counted....what do you do if you are Mr. White?

Maybe a date with Jacrae will set him straight?

Although controversial, he is on a big win streak (albeit understandably by most) and beat a big name in Philipou (albeit in a lackluster affair). He definitely deserves another big name, but I'm not sure if he is quite deserving of Jacare. Jacare may not have many other options though, so perhaps he will suffice. I also wouldn't mind seeing him fight the winner of Kennedy and Natal.

Cung Le, Michael Bisping, winner of Kennedy/Natal, winner of Dollaway/Boetsch.

Cung Le,winner of Kennedy/Natal,

Both these are better than Jacrae. Good job.

I just want to pad Jacrae some more before a title fight but knowing UFC's luck Carmont would KO him in 11 seconds.

I like your analysis but you left out that those two prior wins were the most boring fights ever. I was sure he was getting destroyed against philloupou and I had money against him. Instead he totally dominates.

I'd say he gets a borderline top 10 guy since he still has no fans to waste a top 10 guy with.

It would never happen, but a rematch with Larkin to see him ge ko'd with a cartwheel kick or flying triple knee.

t8IHP.gif

The guy really needs to get an understanding of what makes people buy mma

Hopefully being on the receiving end of a ko

I would go for him and Rockhold. I am assuming Rockhold is on the shelf though.

I think he might fight Jacare, as a way of stopping his unbeaten run. He's not well-liked by Dana it seems, due to the nature of some of his wins. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a step-up in competition regardless of his streak - him fighting Brad Tavares wouldn't surprise me, for example. Or the Kennedy/Natal winner.

He robs (arguably) 2 mid tier n (at best) 185'ers then Dana sets him up to get KO'ed and he dominates the top 10'er in question. How far is he from contendership? Is he already there....so inconsistent bit won big when it counted....what do you do if you are Mr. White?

He didn't rob anybody, you may disagree with the outcome but it's not Carmont to blame but the judges that scored the fight. Guys have to stop bitching on Carmont about it.

If you disagree with the result you should say he was given a decision by the judges but not that he robbed the opponent

I reckon they'll give him a properly tough opponent and if he loses - gets cut or if he wins again in boring fashion he'll get the fitch treatment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back