Now Weili doesn't want the superfight with Valentina? Valentina is down for it

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When they asked her Zhang about her next oponnent, they told her about maybe the superfight with Valentina and Zhang's answers is Esparza? LOL!

When they asked Valentina she said she's open for anything, either with another contender or another champ, she was clearly talking about that super-fight with Zhang. She said "I know Dana has a lot of things in mind so it's fine to me"

So Zhang has been talking all these years about wanting to fight Valentina and now that she has the chance to do set it up/promote it/hype it up, shes gonna ask for Esparza? .-.

She's had 1 close title defence and she's being asked about a SuperFIght lol.

They're asking her for it because she's been the one asking for it as soon as she got the belt, so since they're both there right next to each other and they're gonna fight in the same card, let's talk about it, lol

I don't think she's interested in Esparza but I do think she would be interested in Yan Xiaonan if she beats Esparza because that would be the biggest fight in Chinese MMA history.
China has no problem with the chinese vs chinese violence? I know Brazilians hate that shit. Swedes too.

They're asking her for it because she's been the one asking for it as soon as she got the belt, so since they're both there right next to each other and they're gonna fight in the same card, let's talk about it, lol
Fair, to be honest I inconveniently missed all the Zhang and Rose questions, but if Shev and Zhang started throwing shit at each other it would have looked terrible.

Well esparza is a former title holder, If she deals with her she's dealt with ALL of them. (assuming she wins against rose this weekend)

I appreciate the mindset that this comment comes from, but theres a bit of nuance here, yes she has ONE defense, but consecutive wins against rose, joanna and andrade are a pretty big deal at the SW division. There are no real tests for her present at the moment there.

Rule of thumb for every fighter: Don't look past your next opponent.

Fighters should mind their own divisions. There are some rare cases in which a fighter can move up with success (in cases like Cejudo, Conor and GSP, also DC to an extend - there was a strong element of cherry picking), but apart from that the small fighter doesn't have business vs. the big fighter. Bullet is also a nightmare matchup for Weili, who is a super aggressive brawler, while Shevchenko is an excellent counter-striker. Add the size, height and reach advantage... I don't see how Weili wins.

As a swede, i have no problem with it.
I remember when Papy Abedi and Besam Yousef fought eachother in the UFC. ALOT of swedish fans critisized that matchmaking. That's why i mentioned swedes lol.

I do wonder what happened to that Papy guy.

I don't think she should be thinking about it really, one step at a time, Rose is dangerous as fuck.

Right? MMA “superfights” are weak as fuck. Anytime a fighter crosses weight class. “ItS a SuPeRfIgHt!!” The closest superfight and IMO only superfight in the UFC has been DC vs Stipe. Two of the obvious best in their weight class multi defenses going head to head. Second place is Nunes vs Cyborg. Anderson vs. GSP would have been a superfight. McGregor vs Alveres? Not a super fight.

Right? MMA “superfights” are weak as fuck. Anytime a fighter crosses weight class. “ItS a SuPeRfIgHt!!” The closest superfight and IMO only superfight in the UFC has been DC vs Stipe. Two of the obvious best in their weight class multi defenses going head to head. Second place is Nunes vs Cyborg. Anderson vs. GSP would have been a superfight. McGregor vs Alveres? Not a super fight.
Pretty much yeah, I get it to some degree from a promotion perspective, and why you would ask about it as a journalist(I guess)... But I would imagine 99% of answers to be along the lines of "Yeah what ever " or "When it comes to it we'll see" or some other vague none answer, because if it was anything else, you just look ridiculous focusing on your next opponent before you've fought the current one, save that empty word shit for Twitter or something imo, waste of a question.
If the heat was there between Zhang and Shev, you'd think the confrontation would happen organically as opposed to some dweeb trying to instigate something pretty much out of the fighters hands at that point, Imagine if Zhang had said "Nah don't fancy fighting Shev tbh fuck that" lol.

you think she want go rocky 3 mode get bunch of title defenses few cans and generate celebrity back home etc get better contract
before Risking it all now! Shevchenko no joke

That's really fine. Carla vs Yan winner should fight Weili next after she beats her bald opponent.
Also Murphy shouldn't be screwed if she beats Calderwood, or she should change her nickname to "Unlucky".
China has no problem with the chinese vs chinese violence? I know Brazilians hate that shit. Swedes too.
We do? That was news to me <TheWire1>

I think it will be interesting against Yan because Zhang was part of China Top Team before she branched out on her own. There might be some bad blood?

Back