1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Now Weili doesn't want the superfight with Valentina? Valentina is down for it

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Geniusss, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Geniusss Green Belt

When they asked her Zhang about her next oponnent, they told her about maybe the superfight with Valentina and Zhang's answers is Esparza? LOL!

When they asked Valentina she said she's open for anything, either with another contender or another champ, she was clearly talking about that super-fight with Zhang. She said "I know Dana has a lot of things in mind so it's fine to me"

So Zhang has been talking all these years about wanting to fight Valentina and now that she has the chance to do set it up/promote it/hype it up, shes gonna ask for Esparza? .-.

2. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

I don't think she's interested in Esparza but I do think she would be interested in Yan Xiaonan if she beats Esparza because that would be the biggest fight in Chinese MMA history.

3. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

I don't think she should be thinking about it really, one step at a time, Rose is dangerous as fuck.

She's had 1 close title defence and she's being asked about a SuperFIght lol.

4. Dreyga2000 STOP TREATING SPECULATION AS FACT!!!

I think she is more interested in giving a title shot to her fellow country women

5. Geniusss Green Belt

They're asking her for it because she's been the one asking for it as soon as she got the belt, so since they're both there right next to each other and they're gonna fight in the same card, let's talk about it, lol

RockyLockridge and Jose Beehive like this.
  6. 13Seconds Silver Belt

China has no problem with the chinese vs chinese violence? I know Brazilians hate that shit. Swedes too.

7. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Fair, to be honest I inconveniently missed all the Zhang and Rose questions, but if Shev and Zhang started throwing shit at each other it would have looked terrible.

RockyLockridge likes this.
  8. Kryptt Dead Belt Platinum Member

That was my take as well.

RockyLockridge and Hellowhosthat like this.
  9. RockyLockridge Silver Belt

Well esparza is a former title holder, If she deals with her she's dealt with ALL of them. (assuming she wins against rose this weekend)

I appreciate the mindset that this comment comes from, but theres a bit of nuance here, yes she has ONE defense, but consecutive wins against rose, joanna and andrade are a pretty big deal at the SW division. There are no real tests for her present at the moment there.

10. wwkirk Black Belt

Rule of thumb for every fighter: Don't look past your next opponent.

julmma likes this.
  11. pseto223 Blue Belt

Fighters should mind their own divisions. There are some rare cases in which a fighter can move up with success (in cases like Cejudo, Conor and GSP, also DC to an extend - there was a strong element of cherry picking), but apart from that the small fighter doesn't have business vs. the big fighter. Bullet is also a nightmare matchup for Weili, who is a super aggressive brawler, while Shevchenko is an excellent counter-striker. Add the size, height and reach advantage... I don't see how Weili wins.

julmma likes this.
  12. ExxA Yellow Belt

As a swede, i have no problem with it.

13. Reign009 Not sure if serious.

Source?

<{vega}>

14. 13Seconds Silver Belt

I remember when Papy Abedi and Besam Yousef fought eachother in the UFC. ALOT of swedish fans critisized that matchmaking. That's why i mentioned swedes lol.

I do wonder what happened to that Papy guy.

ExxA likes this.
  15. Draxton Captain shitpost

Right? MMA “superfights” are weak as fuck. Anytime a fighter crosses weight class. “ItS a SuPeRfIgHt!!” The closest superfight and IMO only superfight in the UFC has been DC vs Stipe. Two of the obvious best in their weight class multi defenses going head to head. Second place is Nunes vs Cyborg. Anderson vs. GSP would have been a superfight. McGregor vs Alveres? Not a super fight.

Jose Beehive likes this.
  16. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Pretty much yeah, I get it to some degree from a promotion perspective, and why you would ask about it as a journalist(I guess)... But I would imagine 99% of answers to be along the lines of "Yeah what ever " or "When it comes to it we'll see" or some other vague none answer, because if it was anything else, you just look ridiculous focusing on your next opponent before you've fought the current one, save that empty word shit for Twitter or something imo, waste of a question.
    If the heat was there between Zhang and Shev, you'd think the confrontation would happen organically as opposed to some dweeb trying to instigate something pretty much out of the fighters hands at that point, Imagine if Zhang had said "Nah don't fancy fighting Shev tbh fuck that" lol.

17. oscerthegrouch me & slimey worm

you think she want go rocky 3 mode get bunch of title defenses few cans and generate celebrity back home etc get better contract
    before Risking it all now! Shevchenko no joke

18. Woliwo Brown Belt

That's really fine. Carla vs Yan winner should fight Weili next after she beats her bald opponent.
    Also Murphy shouldn't be screwed if she beats Calderwood, or she should change her nickname to "Unlucky".
    We do? That was news to me <TheWire1>

19. NoSmilez Silver Belt

I think it will be interesting against Yan because Zhang was part of China Top Team before she branched out on her own. There might be some bad blood?

20. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

It's from the press conference that just happened, can't remember exactly where but somewhere here.

Geniusss likes this.