Now we know why Khabib doesn’t want a rematch

Cowboy's been KOd 6 times in the UFC.....out of how many fights? And when was it ever done like that? Ferguson didn't even KO him and lost the first round. You are such a miserable hater.

Lol yes because Cowboy who had been TKO'd 6 times before this, 2 times directly before this fight, and folds in every big fight in his career is the win that proves Conor can beat Khabib.

Christ this is gonna be a fun next couple of months.

1Ru13ay.gif
OMG this just made my fucken night!

We just gonna act like Gaethje isn't a completely different fighter now?
How does that work? Listen to yourself. Gaethje somehow became a completely different fighter in 2 years or so? How did that happen? Where's the evidence? He got dominated by the same guys Conor mopped the floor with.

Conor hit Khabib with harder shots than those shoulders. Did nothing.

Conor turned into a panic wrestler from a weak Nate punch.

I was kidding, bruz, come on. lol

I think its obvious why Conor took the guy coming off double losses, instead of the guy who knocked him out. If he would like to work his way back to a title shot, he has to beat someone thats actually ... winning fights.

It's only obvious that's how it SHOULD work but it's also obvious it doesn't. The UFC set this up for Conor to win big and Dana already said he'd get another title shot off it. Cowboy fought like the sacrificial lamb he was meant to be.

Give conor a grappler before he fights Khabib. I say give him Kevin Lee or someone with heavy grappling.

And Gaethje got dominated and finished by both Alvarez and Poirier. You are such a deluded hater.
And he's won 3 in a row since then, maybe not against killers but ranked LW's. Cerrone has been finished twice in the last year by ranked lightweights. Come on, you must understand that Conor doesn't deserve a rematch from this performance alone, even if he gets it.

Sorry just so we are clear - Conor is the third consecutive guy to put Cowboy away. He booked a fight with a guy coming off two stoppage losses, literally his last fight being a first round KO loss.

This makes for the SIXTH time Cowboy has been knocked out in the first round in the UFC.

Those are facts and not subject to dispute. That isn't my opinion and its not an excuse, that is objective reality.

Regarding Conor -vs- JG, I think that is a very fun fight and its the one that should have been booked in the first place. I think its obvious why Conor took the guy coming off double losses, instead of the guy who knocked him out. If he would like to work his way back to a title shot, he has to beat someone thats actually ... winning fights.
I like Justin but think Conor finishes him. That said, he should have to beat Justin or the Khabib-Tony loser to earn a semblance of a legitimate title shot at LW. He probably won't have to though.

Conor can not beat any decent 170 fighter. Unless on a way to even bigger fight.

And he's won 3 in a row since then, maybe not against killers but ranked LW's. Cerrone has been finished twice in the last year by ranked lightweights. Come on, you must understand that Conor doesn't deserve a rematch from this performance alone, even if he gets it.
You have no point. Every common opponent they have, Conor did better against. In the cases of Poirier and Alvarez, the difference is night and day. Justin is just the flavor of the month. I remember back when it was Dennis Bermudez and RIcardo Lamas that Conor was supposedly ducking or leapfrogging. Look how moronic that is in hindsight.

The rematch certain got another layer of complexity. This elbows add a new layer to the clinch puzzle, no doubt added after Khabib. Press conference startin' I'm sure Conor will share some gems about it! Woot Woot!

Cowboy's been KOd 6 times in the UFC.....out of how many fights? And when was it ever done like that? Ferguson didn't even KO him and lost the first round. You are such a miserable hater.
Ferguson doesnt knock people out, where the fuck did you even get that from.
Btw, quit making bullshit up. Gaethje didnt get "dominated" by Porier and Alvarez. Dominated is what Khabib did to Conor.

Because there's no reason to rematch someone you thoroughly dominated and then finished. Rematches are for close decisions, controversial losses, or flukey KOs.

You have no point. Every common opponent they have, Conor did better against. In the cases of Poirier and Alvarez, the difference is night and day. Justin is just the flavor of the month. I remember back when it was Dennis Bermudez and RIcardo Lamas that Conor was supposedly ducking or leapfrogging. Look how moronic that is in hindsight.
Gaethje will lose to Conor in a pure striking match, though the leg kicks are an interesting factor. But my point isn't about who wins or how much Gaethje has or hasn't improved. Khabib is a stylistic and skill nightmare for Conor every time, but Conor also has 0 wins at Lightweight since losing to Khabib and doesn't deserve "chance" to redeem himself without one.

Conor doesn't seem to want to fight at lightweight again. He packed on too much muscle is hard to go back down again. Conor just called out everyone from ww.

Honestly this fight just made it more obvious Khabib would wreck him again. If Conor did that stupid lunging, telegraphed, overextended, slow sloppy straight left against Khabib he would be put on his ass. I know he smoked Cowboy, but my god that was a stupid punch. Just asking to be countered or put on his ass

Back