Opinion Now we have a polio outbreak.

This is stupid. The only reason why polio has been almost entirely eradicated is because of vaccines. We're talking a few dozen or so cases of vaccine derived polio on a continent of over a billion people. With that said, it's something that should be taken seriously if not only to prevent it from becoming a problem. Polio cases caused by the vaccine comes from the oral kind called OPV2, which was pulled in most of the world in 2016. They are developing a new kind of oral vaccine which should eliminate the risk.

Polio used to kill thousands and paralyze tens of thousands a year in the US alone. The vaccine outroll is responsible for ending that. Have whatever gripe you will with the covid vaccines, valid or not, but don't attempt to cast aspersion on the polio vaccines by using their effectiveness against them.
Why the fuck are they still using live viral oral polio vaccines in Africa? We stopped using it in North America precisely because it's shit and causes mutation and switched to to injection of the variety that doesn't cause infection

I don't find it odd at all. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised that it's not more widespread in the U.S. Remember how there was this huge anti-vaccine movement that was started by a former MTV hostess? Yeah, a LOT of people bought into what she was slinging.

Now we're starting to see the end result of that with that guy in his 20's being paralyzed from polio. "I did my own research" is the common trope when it comes to vaccines. As for me, I'll listen to the people whose lives are dedicated to researching and overcoming these diseases.
When I was a child there was a mass anti-vax rumour that the Whooping Cough vaxxine caused Autism so I wasn;t vaccinated. I had it for 6 months. Like severe my dad was in tears, they had to move my bed which had to be put on pain pots into their bedroom. It was horrible for all 3 of us.

Why the fuck are they still using live viral oral polio vaccines in Africa? We stopped using it in North America precisely because it's shit and causes mutation and switched to to injection of the variety that doesn't cause infection

The oral version provides sterilizing immunity whereas the injected version does not. The injected version of the Polio vaccine does NOT stop transmission, you can still catch and pass on the disease but you won't suffer any symptoms. In 1st world countries where Polio has been pretty much eradicated this is fine, it's very unlikely for anyone to come in contact with Polio and pass it on to a baby or anyone else who isn't vaccinated, this is why we use the injected version since it's safer and transmission isn't a concern.

In Africa it's different, Polio is endemic so exposure is likely and transmission to unvaccinated children & other vulnerable people is a concern. That's why you want the oral version which provides sterilizing immunity and helps stop transmission, even if there's a higher risk of adverse effects.

We have a vaccine. The uptake must be higher

good luck ever trying to convince anybody to get another vaccine again after that covid shit

there could be some kind of horrible virus being spread around with a 100% mortality rate and they could develop a perfectly safe and 100% effective vaccine against it but still they couldnt convince most of the country to take it just because of all the shit that went down with the covid vaccine. it wouldnt just be a fringe minority of people who don't like to be told what to do and conspiracists who think that bill gates is microchipping them and the deep state is running mind control or whatever who would refuse to take it either.

but we got rid of the old flu, that's a positive...

just get your vaccines boosted and watch tv... and remember, if you die from a heart attack it's probably because of the heat or excitement or loneliness or gout or naps or cold showers or you know, all these things that now give otherwise healthy people heart attacks...

OGC.fadf647576cbd5316f4c1149292d2613

This is stupid. The only reason why polio has been almost entirely eradicated is because of vaccines. We're talking a few dozen or so cases of vaccine derived polio on a continent of over a billion people. With that said, it's something that should be taken seriously if not only to prevent it from becoming a problem. Polio cases caused by the vaccine comes from the oral kind called OPV2, which was pulled in most of the world in 2016. They are developing a new kind of oral vaccine which should eliminate the risk.

Polio used to kill thousands and paralyze tens of thousands a year in the US alone. The vaccine outroll is responsible for ending that. Have whatever gripe you will with the covid vaccines, valid or not, but don't attempt to cast aspersion on the polio vaccines by using their effectiveness against them.
You should write abc and tell them that they shouldn’t cast aspersions if you feel so strongly about it, as I simply posted the article, which to my knowledge, is entirely factual.

Funny, I’ve never seen a person more agitated than a vaccine zealot once you bring up any information that is not absolutely glowing about vaccines… weird.

You should write abc and tell them that they shouldn’t cast aspersions if you feel so strongly about it, as I simply posted the article, which to my knowledge, is entirely factual.

Funny, I’ve never seen a person more agitated than a vaccine zealot once you bring up any information that is not absolutely glowing about vaccines… weird.
Its strange to me when COVID vaccine defenders go ape defending over the Polio vaccine like it was some miracle without bumps in the road considering the rush rollout of polio vaccines were considered an unmitigated disaster because it actually gave hundreds of thousands of kids polio, paralyzed and killed a bunch of them instead of preventing them from getting it.

One of the reasons why folks were hesitant to get a rushed COVID vaccine Trump kept promising. I mean, im triple vaxxed myself, but I waited a bit until the 6 month mark simply because rushed vaccines have historically had some tragedies for the first ones to get them in the first few months. The time Gerald Ford rushed a swine flu vaccine also comes to mind. Not im sure it was not nice to find out after the fact that the CDC is saying you are now 4 times more likely to get Guillain–Barré syndrome, which is way more dangerous than the flu. They abandoned that vaccine program after that too.

As for the measles MMR vaccine.....Errrrr, it took time and understanding and a lot of pain before they realized "don't give this to pregnant women, or give it to women who might get pregnant in the next 4 months, or people with weak immune systems, or people with bleeding disorders, or anyone who got a blood transfusion in the past 3 months"
They didn't magically know not to give this vaccine to those people. it took years and suffering of a lot of people before they were able to make the correlations.

So yeah, that's why folks were a bit Skeptical when Trump said "We will have a Vaccine real soon".

But shit. Nothing wrong with being cautious. I passed on Astra Zenica's Vaccine because it was all that was available early on and not enough time had passed. And that was the one that seemed to have the most problems and eventually got banned in places, so yeah lol

This is very much an orthodox Jewish issue.
Wait what? How? Do they refuse the polio vaccine for religious reasons? Or is this a joke I'm not getting?

When I was a child there was a mass anti-vax rumour that the Whooping Cough vaxxine caused Autism so I wasn;t vaccinated. I had it for 6 months. Like severe my dad was in tears, they had to move my bed which had to be put on pain pots into their bedroom. It was horrible for all 3 of us.
Ahhh the old "vaccines cause Autism" thing. Yeah I remember that still being something talked about in the 2002-13's. Its funny how Demographics change. The typical anti vaxxer back then was a vegan, all natural hippie type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back