Now the judging catastrophe all makes sense...

Cecil Peoples, Adalaide Byrd, AND Steve Mazzaghatti. That's the combination of death right there.

Only thing that would've took the cake was if CJ Ross was there as well.

So you're basically saying that Silva won the first 4 rounds of the first Sonnen fight??

He did 100 times more damage than Chael,even though he was at the bottom.He even rocked Chael from the bottom.

Not at all. Chael was active as hell after he got the take downs. He didn't do that much damage, but he was winning for sure. Stephens didn't do that to Zapata.

How the hell do Cecil and Byrd still judge at this level? Is it impossible to lose that job, or do they have some sort of "protection"?

I'm really surprised that the judge who scored the third 10-8 for Stephens believed Zapata won the fight as a whole. I do agree with that too. Based on the fight as a whole, I would give the fight to Zapata. But based on the 10-point system, I would give it to Stephens.

If anyone missed it something interesting happened in the last episode of TUF. It ended up being a three round fight (deciding round) where team Penn's fighter was getting taken down but the other fighter did no damage and ate a lot of elbows.

Team Edgar was tired and couldn't finish the take down and received more elbows while holding on to a single leg. Steve Mazzagatti was warning team Penn about downward elbows (even though he was angling them) and out of no wear took a point. The fight ended with team Edgar taking team Penn's back with team Edgar just coasting and Penn throwing back strikes. Interesting enough team Penn still won the decision despite the point deduction.

I guess what happened was one judge scored it for Edgar and the other two scored it a tie with team Penn winning a 10-9 last round, which then became a 9-9. Since TUF fights can't end in draws they decided to circle who they thought won which ended up being team Penn. This was the craziest decision I've seen, but at least the judges made up for Mazzagatti's shitty reffing. Just a recap for those interested in the media that this has been getting.

If anyone missed it something interesting happened in the last episode of TUF. It ended up being a three round fight (deciding round) where team Penn's fighter was getting taken down but the other fighter did no damage and ate a lot of elbows.

Team Edgar was tired and couldn't finish the take down and received more elbows while holding on to a single leg. Steve Mazzagatti was warning team Penn about downward elbows (even though he was angling them) and out of no wear took a point. The fight ended with team Edgar taking team Penn's back with team Edgar just coasting and Penn throwing back strikes. Interesting enough team Penn still won the decision despite the point deduction.

I guess what happened was one judge scored it for Edgar and the other two scored it a tie with team Penn winning a 10-9 last round, which then became a 9-9. Since TUF fights can't end in draws they decided to circle who they thought won which ended up being team Penn. This was the craziest decision I've seen, but at least the judges made up for Mazzagatti's shitty reffing. Just a recap for those interested in the media that this has been getting.

Steve's reffing was fine. you were influenced by Dana.

"hey, watch the 12-6 elbows"
"watch the 12-6 elbows"
"ok, you lose 1 point for 12-6 elbows"

"but, but, but you only WARNED me not to do it again, you didn't warn me i'd lose a POINT!!!!" :rolleyes:

i mean seriously TS. be smarter than that.

I thought the judgement by ref Steve was perfectly fine. He warned him many times, these aren't little school children or maybe they are. :icon_lol:

Mazzagatti didn't do anything wrong. He told the guy at the end of the first round "Hey watch the 12-6. You need to come in at angles and they're ok."

"watch the 12-6 elbows"

"but, but, but you only WARNED me not to do it again, you didn't warn me i'd lose a POINT!!!!" :rolleyes:

Well, that can also viewed as he was telling him to watch the elbows because they were close to being illegal or that each one was getting closer and closer.

Dana didn't sway me but I also agree with him that Steve should have been more clear and gave a clear warning that another infraction would result in a point deduction.

"watch the 12-6 elbows"

B-but uncle Dana said--!

a very stupid system.....how does someone win when they give up their back for 14 min

Well, that can also viewed as he was telling him to watch the elbows because they were close to being illegal or that each one was getting closer and closer.

Dana didn't sway me but I also agree with him that Steve should have been more clear and gave a clear warning that another infraction would result in a point deduction.

The rules are perfectly clear before these fighters compete.

"watch the 12-6 elbows"

LOL at Mazz's reffing being fine and telling him to be smarter. It's more like:

"That was an illegal elbow. Watch your elbows."
"That's not an illegal elbow, but it's close, so I'm going to give you a warning."
"That's not an illegal elbow, but it's close, so watch your angles."
"I suck as a ref so I'm going to take a point for a strike that isn't even illegal."

I'm really surprised that the judge who scored the third 10-8 for Stephens believed Zapata won the fight as a whole. I do agree with that too. Based on the fight as a whole, I would give the fight to Zapata. But based on the 10-point system, I would give it to Stephens.

Was this said explicitly? Becuase that judge could've given it to Stephens with Zapata still winning the split. Was it Dana that said it?

LOL at Mazz's reffing being fine and telling him to be smarter. It's more like:

"That was an illegal elbow. Watch your elbows."
"That's not an illegal elbow, but it's close, so I'm going to give you a warning."
"That's not an illegal elbow, but it's close, so watch your angles."
"I suck as a ref so I'm going to take a point for a strike that isn't even illegal."

Nice summary.

they should pay me. A non experianced fighter with no BJJ experiance to just come in as a last ditch effort to judge a fight.

ufc---'yo asian we can't figure it out. Who should win?'

me- ' I think they should go to the 4th round. or they should both lose cause they both sucked. Each coach gets a wild card at the end of it all. First pick is done by arm wresling '

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back