Now That Yoel's UFC Career Is Over, Where Would You Rank Him Amongst GOAT UFC 185ers???

I understand you Franklin as a former champion, although I can't justify you ranking him so high.

However look at Franklin's UFC dominance compared to Yoel's. Set the title belt aside. Yoel had a greater win streak against much greater competition.
Maybe Franklin wasn’t what I remember (I was age 8-10ish to like 15,16) through his prime. I remember as the champ he beat pretty much everyone except Anderson Silva, and still managed to beat Wandy twice after that, and chuck. Lost to a few good ones, but so did Yoel. P4P I just personally rank Rich higher, but I could very well be wrong. Have a good day man!

Personally I have him at number 5 behind Silva, Adesanya, Whittaker, and maybe Weidman. Now I'm just focusing on UFC success. Unfortunately, as great and legendary of a career as Hendo has had in the UFC, he did not really compete long at 185 during his prime in the UFC.

Please advise who u have ahead of silva <45>

Bisping, Luke, Weidman, Kennedy, Moose-Ozzy, Anderson, Izzy, Whittaker, Rich Franklin are all ahead of him.

Are we talking about Tim Kennedy?
Ahead of Romero achieving what?

His best win is a LnP over Bisping and he never fought for the HW belt.
He did fought for the SF belt and was easily 49-46d by Rockhold

I could see him being top 5.

I could see folks considering him just outside the top 10.

Like MMA judging, it’s just so subjective.

I understand they were close fights. But let's not rewrite history for the sake of the integrity of this thread.

Yoel has also had some controversial calls go his way during his run as well.

2nd Whittaker fight wasn't even close. Yoel beat the brakes off him

He literally won all of his last fights in the UFC even though he got robbed by judges.

Noone ever put Romero in even remote danger

Romero = GOAT
Well record books said he lost moral wins aren’t documented lol

This is Sherdog in its purest form. Fav fighter X shouldn't have lost the losses they lost and if they had won the losses they lost they would be GOAT.

Guy with 4 title shots and no titles is 2nd best all time? GTFO.
Bisping, Luke, Weidman, Kennedy, Moose-Ozzy, Anderson, Izzy, Whittaker, Rich Franklin are all ahead of him.

Yoel shit the bed (and his pants literally) every time he had a big fight. His style relied on his heavily muscled frame, explosive one shot KO attempts and of course cheating. Sitting on a stool when he was saved by the bell, PEDs and pushing his weight advantage well beyond the limits, to the point of missing for TWO title fights in a row. Should have been able to shed a little mass to make weight or moved to LHW. Instead he choose to rely on weight advantage and in the end he fell short.
Mr. Dipstick, just based of UFC performances at 185, do you really believe all those guys had a better run than Yoel???

Top 5 IMO

I am a big Yoel fan but he sadly failed at the final hurdle. His output when given a shot wasn't amazing which resulted in some controversial decisions.

I don't know where he is in rankings, but I would describe his UFC career as frustrating. Such brutal KO's to get to the top but couldn't replicate the performances when it mattered the most.

Lost in 3 title shots and the one he could have won was overweight so didn't get belt.

Dude is the epitome of records are deceiving.

If those razor thin Split decisions had gone the other way, Yoel would only have 1 loss at MW and be champ with wins over Whittaker, Costa and Izzy.

Considering he didnt passed Bellator's medicals, its probably his whole career is over, not only his UFC run.

Mr. Dipstick, just based of UFC performances at 185, do you really believe all those guys had a better run than Yoel???
Y’all need to stop rewarding fighters for almost winning fights and just accept his win loss record lol

Y’all need to stop rewarding fighters for almost winning fights and just accept his win loss record lol
I'm not even using his losses, even though they were all close. Before fighting Whittaker he was slaughtering fools. Jacare was like the only stalemate.

As far as his losses go, I can't help but give the old man respect for pushing these young lions to the brink. But yes, an L is an L.

Back