Now That Yoel's UFC Career Is Over, Where Would You Rank Him Amongst GOAT UFC 185ers???

Personally I have him at number 5 behind Silva, Adesanya, Whittaker, and maybe Weidman. Now I'm just focusing on UFC success. Unfortunately, as great and legendary of a career as Hendo has had in the UFC, he did not really compete long at 185 during his prime in the UFC.
We discounting the belts he's won at Pride etc? He's one of the GOATs.

OG two weight world champ.

Threat wise he is top 5. Hecould give any MW in history a tough night. Resume top 10

TS with a compelling argument.

We discounting the belts he's won at Pride etc? He's one of the GOATs.

OG two weight world champ.
I'm not saying Yoel had a better career overall in MMA. But specifically in the UFC's 185 pound division, Yoel has wreaked much more havoc.

His first 10 fights left 7 people KOed/TKOed and only loss a close decision to Whittaker.

Nowhere. Captain “tainted “ supplements was a dirty fighter who could barely make weight.

Glad he isnt around anymore. His stinkfest vs Izzy is how everyone should remember this bum.

He has 5 impressive names on his list.

Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, Kennedy and Weidman. His resume has stacked names, but would you put him ontop of Izzy, Silva, Hendo, Whit etc

Cheated vs Kennedy and imo was gifted the Jacare fight.

I understand they were close fights. But let's not rewrite history for the sake of the integrity of this thread.

Yoel has also had some controversial calls go his way during his run as well.
Then you're letting Sal D'Amato, Derek Cleary, Michael Bell ect dictate who you believe is the better fighter.

<KhabibBS>

Last edited:
43 year old Yoel shouldn't have gotten a loss against Adesanya, Coata and Whittaker imo. He's the 2nd best MW all time behind Anderson.
This is Sherdog in its purest form. Fav fighter X shouldn't have lost the losses they lost and if they had won the losses they lost they would be GOAT.

Guy with 4 title shots and no titles is 2nd best all time? GTFO.
Bisping, Luke, Weidman, Kennedy, Moose-Ozzy, Anderson, Izzy, Whittaker, Rich Franklin are all ahead of him.

Yoel shit the bed (and his pants literally) every time he had a big fight. His style relied on his heavily muscled frame, explosive one shot KO attempts and of course cheating. Sitting on a stool when he was saved by the bell, PEDs and pushing his weight advantage well beyond the limits, to the point of missing for TWO title fights in a row. Should have been able to shed a little mass to make weight or moved to LHW. Instead he choose to rely on weight advantage and in the end he fell short.

Wins over
  • Rockhold
  • Adesanya
  • Brunson
  • Kennendy
  • Weidman
  • Jacare
  • Tavares
  • Machida
Plus some controversial decision losses.
One of the best middleweights ever!
He robbed jacare
Should of been dq from kennedy fight
Rocky had no chin
Machida was old
Izzy completely nullified yoel with legkicks

Anyone who says top 5 has no knowledge of how great MW used to be. He's not top 5 at all. He'd definitely give every MW ever a tough fight, but he's not among the top.
Tell us how great MW used to be.

He has 5 impressive names on his list.

Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, Kennedy and Weidman. His resume has stacked names, but would you put him ontop of Izzy, Silva, Hendo, Whit etc
Who is the ETC? You can't even name a top 5, GTFO. lol

The acronym GOAT means greatest. As in there is only one. Either you are the GOAT or you are not. There is no 3rd, 4th, and 5th GOAT in a weight division?

Not even ranked because he’s on roids. Come at me

The acronym GOAT means greatest. As in there is only one. Either you are the GOAT or you are not. There is no 3rd, 4th, and 5th GOAT in a weight division?
This isn't true. If there is a number 1 that means there can also be a number 2, and so on. Yoel isn't THE Greatest of all time. But he is ONE OF the greatest of all time. Therefore one of the GOATS.

Very hard to rank due to no titles. But historically he would be a strong candidate to beat anyone ever in his prime

UFC are idiots for letting him go

Top 10 for sure

would have been dope to see him more !!

Silva
Franklin
Weidman
Adesanya
Whittaker

All ahead of him. So not top 5 ever IMO
I understand you Franklin as a former champion, although I can't justify you ranking him so high.

However look at Franklin's UFC dominance compared to Yoel's. Set the title belt aside. Yoel had a greater win streak against much greater competition.

Back