Now That Yoel's UFC Career Is Over, Where Would You Rank Him Amongst GOAT UFC 185ers???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Top 5 IMO

*edit*
Just to make my case, I'm not factoring in Yoel's controversial title bouts, although those just show how talented he was. I want to point out that Yoel started his UFC career on an 8 fight win streak with 6 KO/TKO stoppages.

Check the stats to see how many fighters at 185 have done similar. I understand he didn't capture the belt, some of those factors being out of his control, but there was a time where he was clearly the top guy.

Last edited:
Its a weird one because he dropped multiple pick-em decisions to elite fighters in Izzy and Costa.

If both of those fights went his way, his standing would be indisputable. The fact that he dropped both as he tapered off his UFC career puts him in a bit of limbo.

It should be safe to say Yoel would be competitive with any middleweight that ever was. That is for sure.

Anyone who says top 5 has no knowledge of how great MW used to be. He's not top 5 at all. He'd definitely give every MW ever a tough fight, but he's not among the top.

Anyone who says top 5 has no knowledge of how great MW used to be. He's not top 5 at all. He'd definitely give every MW ever a tough fight, but he's not among the top.
Who’s your top 5 skill wise

Look at Yoel's win streak in the organization and his performances in his losses and how close they were. Now name me 5 fighters who have put together a better run.

Top 5 for sure

head to head im not sure theres any MW ever id be confident picking over him at their bests

43 year old Yoel shouldn't have gotten the loss against Adesanya and Whittaker imo. He's the 2nd best all time behind Anderson imo.
I understand they were close fights. But let's not rewrite history for the sake of the integrity of this thread.

Yoel has also had some controversial calls go his way during his run as well.

Look at Yoel's win streak in the organization and his performances in his losses and how close they were. Now name me 5 fighters who have put together a better run.
He has 5 impressive names on his list.

Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, Kennedy and Weidman. His resume has stacked names, but would you put him ontop of Izzy, Silva, Hendo, Whit etc

I wouldn't. Not to say he hasn't had an amazing career though.

He has 5 impressive names on his list.

Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, Kennedy and Weidman. His resume has stacked names, but would you put him ontop of Izzy, Silva, Hendo, Whit etc
Personally I have him at number 5 behind Silva, Adesanya, Whittaker, and maybe Weidman. Now I'm just focusing on UFC success. Unfortunately, as great and legendary of a career as Hendo has had in the UFC, he did not really compete long at 185 during his prime in the UFC.

Reactions: Ruv
Back