Now that Guida and Lamas are booked who's KZ getting in his comeback?

memoriesofrem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There was a lot of hype surrounding him getting either of these opponents so what now? Loser of Penn/Edgar? Winner of Swanson/Stephens (if they don't get the next shot)? Can't really think of anyone else that would fit the bill off of the top of my head. Poirier rematch?

What i didnt know he was ever slated to fight Guida. Clay woulda moved down?

I didn't think he was coming back for a bit longer? Wasn't there a story going around that he was serving time in the military and that he wasn't even fully recovered from injuries yet? I'm sure by the time he is actually ready to accept a fight, there will be some top guys freed up. I'd love to see Zombie vs. Bermudez if Bermudez can beat Guida.

Depends on when he's coming back. Maybe against Dennis Siver if his suspension ends around the same time KZ can come back. Or the loser of Swanson/Stephens more likely. Darren Elkins and Tatsuya Kawajiri are also possibilities.

I've also heard people say that he's serving his military service too.

I would love to see McGregor vs Jung if Conor gets past Miller.

KZ said he would like to get a fight scheduled in about a month. Swanson/Stephens and Lamas/Dias are both at the end of June. It's unlikely he will fight any of them unless one of them come out of their fight unscathed.

Siver probably won't get booked until after his suspension. Does anyone remember how long he was suspended for? I don't remember, but I would assume either 9 months or a year.

What about Nik Lentz? Or a Poirier rematch? KZ is coming off a loss, so how about Elkins?

If it were me, I'd either do the Poirier rematch or since he is coming off a loss, have him fight down to Max Holloway, who is coming off a win. That could be a fun fight and a tune up fight for KZ, and it gives Holloway a fight against a bigger name.

Back