Now that Conor retired a passing of the torch to the new ppv king!

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Ben Askren is the new ppv cash cow and now has more leverage than ever since there are no other cash cows left

My he have a long reign

gettyimages-688715892.jpg

https://sports.yahoo.com/ufc-235-ben-askren-is-doing-all-the-heavy-lifting-200019546.html

Ben Askren is the new ppv cash cow and now has more leverage than ever since there are no other cash cows left

My he have a long reign

gettyimages-688715892.jpg

https://sports.yahoo.com/ufc-235-ben-askren-is-doing-all-the-heavy-lifting-200019546.html

he will be PPV king for the same reason GSP was....

he will keep winning boring fights and people will keep tuning into each new fight thinking "this is the fight where he is going to get KO'd" ... and each time it doesnt happen, more people join the "i cant wait to see him get KTFO!" bandwagon

I dont even dislike Askren, but I think that's how it's going to go down

he will keep winning boring fights and people will keep tuning into each new fight thinking "this is the fight where he is going to get KO'd" ... and each time it doesnt happen, more people join the "i cant wait to see him get KTFO!" bandwagon

He has more finishes than most current champions

But I agree once the competition gets better he might be the same as GSP , difference is he can sell a fight and embrace the heel role

He has more finishes than most current champions

But I agree once the competition gets better he might be the same as GSP , difference is he can sell a fight and embrace the heel role
He's never headlined a PPV though

He isn't retiring. What Conor fans don't seem to get is Conor is a HUGE Floyd fan. He based his whole gimmick off Floyds Money persona. Like Floyd, he is faking a retirement to build interest for when he comes back.

See article

Way ahead of you

Chess v checkers
That was one of the most stacked cards in recent memory.

I actually really like Askren, and was loving all the press he was getting leading up to and after that fight though. So I'm with you to a point. But I don't think he'll be a huge start. Just don't see it happening.

Isn't that the guy Robbie just TKO'd in a minute flat?

Lol what? GSP had more fans then almost anyone. He is the worst example of fans buying fights to see him lose

That was one of the most stacked cards in recent memory.

I actually really like Askren, and was loving all the press he was getting leading up to and after that fight though. So I'm with you to a point. But I don't think he'll be a huge start. Just don't see it happening.
Relatable , can talk shit
Fights the system

Oh and can fight

Which part is he not a money maker

Lol Askren would have rekt that fool too.

Relatable , can talk shit
Fights the system

Oh and can fight

Which part is he not a money maker
He's too late to the UFC and his weight class is too stacked. And he doesn't have the natural charisma that GSP had.

Back