Now PBF is Retired.. Who is now the BEST P4P Boxer?

Hopkins, Kessler, and questionable talent in Lacy... The rest of his resume you can really ignore. Sorry, but I can't give the title to him.

Win or lose, pacquiao's last fight was close enough to go either way. And his competition in the last 5 years is legendary. Even his tune up fights consist of dangerous opponents. I really can't see anyone else taking this spot other than pacquiao.

yeah completely agree it bullshit that british fighters waste so much of there careers on wbu , wbo titles and undefeated records against questionable world level fighters instead of unifying titles fighting the best at your weight class and moving up weight to fight the best .

but then heres an example Clinton Woods has constantly fought the best in the world in america for the last 10 years and nobody in england really knowns who he is , but every one thinks joe calzaghe is one of the best boxers ever

Pacquiao, though I'm admittedly biased being Filipino.

Pacquaio.

I would have said Cotto, but he needs at least one or two more fights.

Calzaghe= Overrated.

has to be calzaghe.. he s dominated a division for 10 years at least.. cant think of any1 else who's dominant enough to overcome that longevity

Pacquaio.

I would have said Cotto, but he needs at least one or two more fights.

Calzaghe= Overrated.

so if calzaghe is overrated who in your opinion is better? perfect record never been beaten.. it annoys the hell out of me ppl who tho within reason knock his credentials but say he's a bum, he's overrated, he slaps, lets see pavlik last 10 years from now!! people cant see the forest for the tree's.

it's fashionable to knock brits/welsh but give the guy credit ffs

yeah completely agree it bullshit that british fighters waste so much of there careers on wbu , wbo titles and undefeated records against questionable world level fighters instead of unifying titles fighting the best at your weight class and moving up weight to fight the best .

but then heres an example Clinton Woods has constantly fought the best in the world in america for the last 10 years and nobody in england really knowns who he is , but every one thinks joe calzaghe is one of the best boxers ever

forget the wbu titles.. but its elitism to suggest ur shit if ur a wbo holder and havent fought for a ibf, wbc, wba title.. man, calzaghe holds the title for 10 years and fights at least 4-5 'world class ' fighters and u say woods is superior for winning 1-2 fights at 'alphabet' level ..

congrats on not overlooking 3 letters and giving a boxer props for what he's achieved...:mad:

so if calzaghe is overrated who in your opinion is better? perfect record never been beaten.. it annoys the hell out of me ppl who tho within reason knock his credentials but say he's a bum, he's overrated, he slaps, lets see pavlik last 10 years from now!! people cant see the forest for the tree's.

it's fashionable to knock brits/welsh but give the guy credit ffs

The only victory i can admire of his is Lacy, Kessler? Give me a break.

He scored a split decision over a 44 year old Hopkins and is now going to try to gain credit by fighting an out of date RJJ.

The same applies to his fight with Eubanks.

Where was this guy when these fighters were at their peaks? No where.

And my opinion isnt biased, i have lived in hammersmith for a big part of my life ( Birthplace of Calzaghe)

MOA, while I agree with your overall point, I do think Cal deserves credit for beating Kessler. He's legit, I just dont think he's a P4P king.

forget the wbu titles.. but its elitism to suggest ur shit if ur a wbo holder and havent fought for a ibf, wbc, wba title.. man, calzaghe holds the title for 10 years and fights at least 4-5 'world class ' fighters and u say woods is superior for winning 1-2 fights at 'alphabet' level ..

congrats on not overlooking 3 letters and giving a boxer props for what he's achieved...:mad:

thank you pr0ne2gr8tness you just proved my point !

first off i never said woods was better

what woods did is fight the best p4p fighter of the 1990's fought unification fights and tried to fight travers , johnson jones etc at every step .

what calzaghe did for the best years of his career was stay in Cardiff and fight line up fighters for 12 years until he finally fought lacy . you look at any great fighter and they have unified titles moved up in weight class and fought the best fighters around .

who had joe fought before kessler ? bar eubank in 97 and he's 36 it's a waste he should of unified the super middle weight title 5 years ago cleaned out the division and then moved to the light heavy division when roy jones , antonio tarver and glen johnsom were all in the light heavy division but he stayed in wales and raped some sheep

Any great fighter would be proud to have Pacquiao's lineup in the past five years. It's an epic fucking lineup. You, nobody, can say Calzaghe had a tougher road. Only first ballot Calzaghe has on his resume is Hopkins. He fought him after he passed his peak 7-8 years ago. And even them the ring savvy son of a bitch almost beat Calzaghe.

Pacquiao has 3 guaranteed first ballot hall of famers on his resume. And he fought all of them at least twice. All of them were at their prime or near when he fought them (first fights). Hell, JMM as his age can pretty much defeat everyone else withing the 130 realm. And he also fought dangerous contenders n Jorge Solis and Oscar Larios.

i love marquez some much that fucker could fight till he's 50 .

i think you have to have pacman number 1 just look who he#s beaten in recent years its incredible
i'd go something like

pacman
Vazquez
Mijares
calzaghe
marquez
cotto
palvik
Donaire

MOA, while I agree with your overall point, I do think Cal deserves credit for beating Kessler. He's legit, I just dont think he's a P4P king.

Kessler does deserve credit, dont get me wrong, but im not going to mention him in the same light as Eubank, RJJ, and B-hop, thats all.

Cotto
Pacman/Marquez
Calzaghe

Vasquez, Raffy Marquez, Pavlik, Mijares even guys like SS Mosley have a arguement for being somewere in the top 10.
Cotto has beaten the best competition without losing to anyone along the way.

thank you pr0ne2gr8tness you just proved my point !

first off i never said woods was better

what woods did is fight the best p4p fighter of the 1990's fought unification fights and tried to fight travers , johnson jones etc at every step .

what calzaghe did for the best years of his career was stay in Cardiff and fight line up fighters for 12 years until he finally fought lacy . you look at any great fighter and they have unified titles moved up in weight class and fought the best fighters around .

who had joe fought before kessler ? bar eubank in 97 and he's 36 it's a waste he should of unified the super middle weight title 5 years ago cleaned out the division and then moved to the light heavy division when roy jones , antonio tarver and glen johnsom were all in the light heavy division but he stayed in wales and raped some sheep

let me guide u

Joe Calzaghe

notice the win loss records and form of his opponents in the last 10 years at least! u degrade boxing by saying pretty much every opponent of calzaghe apart from kessler and eubank sucked.. read up on each of his opponents and then tell me they r bums, or even better tell me who in his division he should have fought.. the view from ur armchair must be mighty fine :icon_cry2

Back