Now is the perfect time for Maia vs Gunnar Nelson!

Maia doesn't need to fight anymore top 15 prospects. He deserves top ten fighters like Brown or wonderboy.

How many top 15 prospects do you need Maia to beat before you give him a top ten opponent again ffs?

He's 37 and he doesn't have time to waste.

Was absolutely furious the day this fight was announced and I even felt LaFlare was too easy a task for him. Maia proves himself even in defeat and deserves opponents who will challenge him. Instant HOF'er Demian Maia.

How many top 15 prospects do you need Maia to beat before you give him a top ten opponent again ffs?

He's 37 and he doesn't have time to waste.

True I suppose. But people want to see this fight because they're two of the best BJJ artists in the UFC, certainly in the division.

True I suppose. But people want to see this fight because they're two of the best BJJ artists in the UFC, certainly in the division.

I'll admit it's a good fight, but not really a good one for Maia's carreer. Plus Nelson is more dangerous for Maia than a lot of the top ten fighters that Maia should be fighting. It would just be a bad decision to take the fight if you're Maia's manager.

Put it on the Dublin card Joe Silva!

Would be a real downer for this to be on the Dublin card, as Maia would dominate the bejesus out of Gunny on the ground. Don't confuse a fighter with a nice sub game with a multiple BJJ world champ.

I'll admit it's a good fight, but not really a good one for Maia's carreer. Plus Nelson is more dangerous for Maia than a lot of the top ten fighters that Maia should be fighting. It would just be a bad decision to take the fight if you're Maia's manager.

I understand your logic here. He's getting older and its his last chance to get another title shot. But it would suck if he retired and we never got that fight. They're only a few ranking spots away from each other so this might be the best time for it.

There's always metamoris I suppose.

A boring one, but granted. But we could make an endless list of fighters btw grapplers that unfolded standing for the majority of it.

I thought it was one of the best fights of the year, but to each their own I suppose.

I think Maia will gladly go to the ground with anybody at 170.

Would be a real downer for this to be on the Dublin card, as Maia would dominate the bejesus out of Gunny on the ground. Don't confuse a fighter with a nice sub game with a multiple BJJ world champ.

Gunnar could definitely keep it up and knock Maia senseless

Nelson vs. DHK or Benson henderson Makes more sense to me.

Maia's no spring chicken so I want him against a top 5 guy next too. If he has a proper training camp (unlike for his Rory fight) he could be a handful for any of them.

Maia's no spring chicken so I want him against a top 5 guy next too. If he has a proper training camp (unlike for his Rory fight) he could be a handful for any of them.

I agree. I think Maia vs. Brown was/is the fight to make.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing that fight.

Guaranteed it stays on the feet for 15 minutes.
Aoki vs Shaolin all over again.

Back