Now illegal to hurt Muslims' feelings in Australia

Or liberal wackadoos
Everything's getting banned, I guess the only thing's that left is making fun of left-handed people. They ain't got no legal protection for that, so its open season.

I wish there was another colonized planet to move to.

Fucking sick of this politically correct nonsense

Good stuff Australia.

Could you imagine if hurting Sherdogger's feeling was made illegal? Half of you would be serving 25 to life.

I'm guessing that they will be perfectly fine with atheists blasting Christianity and people expressing really nasty antisemitism.

I'm guessing that they will be perfectly fine with atheists blasting Christianity and people expressing really nasty antisemitism.

Actually it was a holocaust denier that started the move to include religious vilification into the existing laws.

Jews and Christians usually grow up in happy two parent homes liberals don't like that, also christians don't want homos celebrating their perverted lifestyle in the church so we deserve to die off.

got stuck here for a few reasons - did uni here, then did my internships here, then worked in politics and government. Wanted to use all that networking to my advantage and didn't want to start over on a lesser salary.

I'm looking to leave however, might even take a paycut to do so, hopefully not. Thinking Newcastle, more my style.
Best city in Australia. Not that I've lived anywhere else, but I like it here.

So no freedom of speech in Australia. Great. Sad to see someone can no longer have an opinion if it hurts feelings.
They never had it in the first and judging by the Australians in this thread, they don't mind it.

Of course it was.
No, I mean a case against a holocaust denier where he used "Judaism is a religion, not a race/ethnicity" as defence against prosecution under the existing anti-discrimination legislation. He lost because a significant amount of what he'd published was racial/ethnic and not religious, but it prompted a review of the legislation. Guy's name was Toben.

Everything's getting banned, I guess the only thing's that left is making fun of left-handed people. They ain't got no legal protection for that, so its open season.

Have you considered fat shaming? It os the best way to make fun of "people". If you can call them that.

People from Sydney call Canberra a hole.

It's not exclusive to Sydney... hell, there's someone from Darwin in this thread calling Canberra a hole!

This hate speech thing was brought in for one thing only, muslims. We are told its a benefit for all people but everyone knows its for muslims.
This is what happens in the West. Muslims start complaining more and more, using words like offended and islamophobic, over and over again.

Political Correctness. Although pc is supposed to make things fair and just, it always does the opposite.
When someone makes even a little criticism of something or someone, all hell breaks loose. Instead of listening to the message in the criticism, they go straight for the messenger and attack instead.
They don't care what the message is, they are only concerned about trying to humiliate the messenger.

It's not exclusive to Sydney... hell, there's someone from Darwin in this thread calling Canberra a hole!
it's not a hole, things are clean and I'm not worried about getting mugged. But it is definitely boring and lame.

I grew up in Milwaukee, now a lot of it is a hole, but it's 10x more fun.

Back