Now illegal to hurt Muslims' feelings in Australia

goldennirvana

Satanic black magic!
Banned
Reaction score
Vilification on the grounds of religion is now illegal and in serious cases could result in a criminal conviction with a fine of up to $7500, under laws passed by the ACT parliament on Thursday.

Both Labor and Liberal supported the move put by the Greens Shane Rattenbury, who said the display of hatred, intolerance and offensive behaviour towards Muslims was one of the biggest intolerance issues in Australia today.

The University of South Australia had found about 10 per cent of Australians were highly Islamophobic, and while the ACT showed the lowest rates in the country, Islamophobia was still significant here.

"It is clear [Muslims] are frequently, almost constantly, exposed to discrimination, vilification and targeted offensive behaviour," he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/act...igious-vilification-laws-20160804-gqlagu.html

"Thursday's changes to the Discrimination Act also added disability to the list, so it is now illegal to vilify someone because of disability, religion, race, sexuality, gender identity, and HIV/AIDS status. Vilification can include social media posts, actions in a workplace and wearing clothes, signs or flags that would incite hatred, contempt, ridicule or revulsion."

Wow, a broad range of things that could fall under that.

Last edited:
"Thursday's changes to the Discrimination Act also added disability to the list, so it is now illegal to vilify someone because of disability, religion, race, sexuality, gender identity, and HIV/AIDS status. Vilification can include social media posts, actions in a workplace and wearing clothes, signs or flags that would incite hatred, contempt, ridicule or revulsion."

Wow, thats a broad range of things that could fall under that.

They should have thrown the word "reasonably" in there. Signs or flags that would reasonably incite hatred....If I saw a Philadelphia Eagles flag, that would incite my hatred.

Here's something about our 1st Amendment that might be underrated.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That says to me that speech and press can say whatever the fuck they want about other people's superstitions. It's the best way to get rid of backward ideas. If you can rid yourself of religious doctrine you can rid yourself of anything. :D

They should have thrown the word "reasonably" in there. Signs or flags that would reasonably incite hatred....If I saw a Philadelphia Eagles flag, that would incite my hatred.

trey parker and matt stone would be arrested for a few South Park episodes.

Eh... we've had anti-vilification laws since at least the '70s.
The shift to also explicitly define them in terms of religion (previously it was defined more in terms of race and ethnicity) started after a local holocaust denier used the "Judaism is a religion, not a race or ethnicity" defence against them (although he lost anyway).
The only case of them being used in regards to Muslims, was against the two Dannys from Catch the Fire ministries (under the 2001 Religious Vilifaction legislation passed in Victoria).
The two Dannys are... a little nutty. They eventually won anyway (on appeal), and the Islamic Council which brought the complaints had to foot the bill for half their legal costs.

2016-08-04-452b77c7_large.jpg

Eh... we've had anti-vilification laws since at least the '70s.
The shift to also explicitly define them in terms of religion (previously it was defined more in terms of race and ethnicity) started after a local holocaust denier used the "Judaism is a religion, not a race or ethnicity" defence against them (although he lost anyway).
The only case of them being used in regards to Muslims, was against the two Dannys from Catch the Fire ministries (under the 2001 Religious Vilifaction legislation passed in Victoria).
The two Dannys are... a little nutty. They eventually won anyway (on appeal), and the Islamic Council which brought the complaints had to foot the bill for half their legal costs.

It's illegal to deny the Holocaust, too?

May as well make it so we all have to wear the same clothes and cussing or being mean is a 5000 dollar fine.

It's illegal to deny the Holocaust, too?

Depends on what you actually do. The guy's name is Toben. I won't link to his nonsense, but you can find his stuff easily enough. He's been arrested in Germany and the UK as well, and has a very "colourful" past in the public eye.

Things are getting ridiculous.

As the thread of a day or so talked about Trump's unanimous smearing by the media, so Islam is literally forcing lies onto the majority.

This new David Wood video brings this to clear light:

Meanwhile France is cancelling big events out of fear of Muslims with hurt feelings.

Major European flea market cancelled over security fears: French mayor
The annual market attracted 2.5 million visitors over two days in 2015, and Aubry said there were "risks we cannot reduce. Therefore I think we must cancel the 2016 flea market."
http://www.france24.com/en/20160805...et-cancelled-over-security-fears-french-mayor

European road championships in Nice cancelled
The European road cycling championships, which were due to be held in Nice from September 14 to 18, have been cancelled for security reasons, the French city's mayor confirmed on Friday.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1053989/european-road-championships-in-nice-cancelled

LOL at thread title. Hopefully Trump will tweet it.

Meanwhile France is cancelling big events out of fear of Muslims with hurt feelings.

Pussy fuck French. Not doing anything about Muslims, didn't the President say after the Nice attacks to "get used to it" about terrorist attacks.

The next thing ya know they will take our thoughts away

fuck em I'll take it seriously when someone gets arrested for it

Back