Now I know why Tony did all those crazy training...

Did you diagnose Tony? You dont know and are just speculating. Maybe we should wait until we hear the whole story and not jump to conclusions.
Just in general about the human mind! All different scenarios with the same ending, got it Sir? We all bleed and die and have mental limitations

Holy dude, that must suck! My advice to you is drink smoothies in the morning with Brazilian nuts, spinach, bone marrow extract, coconut butter 1 spoon, plant based protein and eggs! That should heal your mind after a few months!
And don’t forget to include probiotics

Don’t watch any news and watch comedy all the time, I guarantee you will get better

Thanks for the advice bro but I don't think thats relevant at all. Ocd isn't a mental disorder it's an anxiety disorder. Certain thoughts that really don't mean shit just make me anxious and I have 2 options:
A- do a compulsion to aleviate anxiety temporarily but further perpetuate ocd or
B - live with the anxiety and accept the uncertainty associated which is more difficult in the short term but will be the path to recovery.

Just in general about the human mind! All different scenarios with the same ending, got it Sir? We all bleed and die and have mental limitations
I guess the way you worded the title and op gave me a wrong impression on what you were trying to say but I think I get what you mean now.

I guess the way you worded the title and op gave me a wrong impression on what you were trying to say but I think I get what you mean now.
Maybe because you haven’t experienced something like that yet! I really don’t wish any mental illness on anyone because I knew some people that checked in and until now, they never checked out, people that were my friends

Methods! It all adds up because he was trying to distract his mind from all those paranoid episodes and I know this because when I get stressed and don’t sleep well for a couple of days, I try anything to keep my mind from swirling out of control! I think Tony had been battling anxiety and paranoia for a while now and he just hit his peak! I think he took things very personal with losing the belt and not having a title shot!
My question to you guys, have you had racing thoughts because you’re either very stressed or angry but couldn’t do anything about it except lose sleep? Be honest and don’t act like you’re not human on Sherdog because nobody is going to pass judgment here, definitely not me!

I've been on tons of psychiatric medications and spent years on hard drugs (7 years clean). Having "rough" days is part of my life. Without medication when I lay my head on my pillow at night that's when the circus kicks into full gear. You learn to deal with it, get medicated or just fail. Overcoming these odds makes you mentally a much stronger person than the average person. Having your sanity tested is the greatest test you can have in life. Anyone who doesn't understand psychiatry or the human brain can't conceive the notion that ANYONE is a bad episode, bad day or catastrophic event away from ending up in the exact same predicament I described.

Tony is an amazing fighter and top tier athlete. He will get over these issues and come back and take the belt that belongs to him back.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the advice bro but I don't think thats relevant at all. Ocd isn't a mental disorder it's an anxiety disorder. Certain thoughts that really don't mean shit just make me anxious and I have 2 options:
A- do a compulsion to aleviate anxiety temporarily but further perpetuate ocd or
B - live with the anxiety and accept the uncertainty associated which is more difficult in the short term but will be the path to recovery.
Dude, I battled anxiety all my life so I feel you but I got so much better with this diet

I've been on tons of psychiatric medications and spent years on hard drugs (7 years clean). Having "rough" days is part of my life. Without medication when I lay my head on my pillow at night that's when the circus kicks into full gear. You learn to deal with it, get medicated or just fail. Overcoming these odds makes you mentally a much stronger person than the average person. Having your sanity tested is the greatest test you can have in life. Anyone who doesn't understand psychiatry or the human brain can't conceive the notion that ANYONE is a bad episode, bad day or catastrophic event away from ending up in the exact same predicament I described.

Tony is an amazing fighter and top tier athlete. He will get over these issues and come back and take the belt that belongs to him back.

giphy.gif
I hear you man loud and clear!

Maybe because you haven’t experienced something like that yet! I really don’t wish any mental illness on anyone because I knew some people that checked in and until now, they never checked out, people that were my friends
Everyones gone through bad mental stages in their life. Whether its loss of a loved one, bad life choices, money, war, addiction whatever it is there are ways to deal with it and ways not to. But just because you felt this way before and were extroverted about it and you dealt with it in that way doesn't mean the next person will. Some wont say a word, give their shit away and commit suicide. Others might go shoot up a school. Its so broad and thats why I said in the beginning that you dont know what his going through. It could be depression, he could be drinking and not sad at all, just a loony, he could have CTE, he might have had a bad acid trip. Its all speculation at this stage.

My question to you guys, have you had racing thoughts because you’re either very stressed or angry but couldn’t do anything about it except lose sleep? Be honest and don’t act like you’re not human on Sherdog because nobody is going to pass judgment here, definitely not me!

I have. Especially before I started self medicating and then being on medication which makes me sleep.

When I was younger holy shit I used to be up for hours with my mind racing and it drove me nuts.

Insomnia sucks. Being tired and wanting to sleep and not being able to is maddening

Hate to say it but it could be brain damage, Tony gets hit and dropped in a lot of his fights, he has heart but the brain doesn't care about your heart, really hope he just smoked way too much weed and got into a paranoia spiral.

giphy.gif
Amen.

And pushing yourself to the limits, to the brink of your sanity, whether thru drugs or circumstance will let you know just how strong you are.

There is something very empowering in knowing that you are capable of enduring madness, especially if you can come out the other side intact and in control.

I guess everyone on Sheepdog is a cyborg mentally and physically especially dwelling in those basements all night and day! Lol

Everyone on the internet is perfectly balanced and infallible emotionally, physically and morally. Haven't you heard?.

I don't know why everyone's speculating so much when we've only just been given the tiniest bit of insight. What's so incomprehensible about someone who gets kicked in the head for a living inevitably popping off the rails at some point?

A lot of people on here are also underestimating the adverse effects of marijuana on an incapable brain too. My brother in law smoked it whilst having depression and he had the exact same episodes Tony just had, in fact he had them everyday for the good part of 2 years. There's no conspiracy or myriad of drug cocktails/mental illnesses about it. Let him fix himself in peace.

Back