Now I know why they call them Burpees

WinterIsComing

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Today at the gym I ran into this kid I went to college with. A real douchebag. He's one of those anything you can do I can do better assclowns. Now I never got along with him but was always too polite to tell him to fuck off. So he followed me around the whole time I was at the gym talking my ear off with nonsense. "Why are you squatting that low its not good for you?" "What your not going to do any curls?" Today I decided to work burpees into my routine (the pushup variety). Now I've never done them before and man they kicked my ass. I was literally panting after 2 sets of ten.

Well Gregg being the douchebag that he is proceeds to tell me that I must be really out of shape if squat thrusts are hurting me that bad. So i told him if he could do 50 of them without stopping I would pay him 100$. The fucking assclown did about 25 or so, stops cause he was panting so hard and proceeded to turn and puke on a girl on one of the step up machines. I never laugh so hard in my entire life. I'm guessing I wont be seeing him around anymore. Ah karma mabye you do exist.

Pics or work.

j/k!
Sounds funny. I love it when people talk shit and dont know what theyre getting into. Some people just really dont know when to quit. But its good that you bet him on it cuz he probably wanted to push real hard and he got what he deserved.

hahaha, that's awesome. I had a friend tell me the same thing once, I was doing burpees and was dying. He then proceeded to talk about how those were like the easiest thing ever and that I really needed to work on my cardio. He couldn't even get 20. lol

burpees are the worst exercise ont he planet..... honeslty they are. I think the only thing that I hate doing more is squat thros which aren't like burpees/squat thrusts. You alternate your legs in a lunge position non stop. Kills.

burpees are the best...I just came back from a workout consisting of nothing but burpees. Unfortunately, I'm not much better than your friend (I can get at most 40) but I'm trying to reach over a hundred by the summer. This workout I really focused on jumping as high as I could and my legs just seized up. It was great.

This should go in the Idiot thread.
But thanks though, that was an excellent story.

Today at the gym I ran into this kid I went to college with. A real douchebag. He's one of those anything you can do I can do better assclowns. Now I never got along with him but was always too polite to tell him to fuck off. So he followed me around the whole time I was at the gym talking my ear off with nonsense. "Why are you squatting that low its not good for you?" "What your not going to do any curls?" Today I decided to work burpees into my routine (the pushup variety). Now I've never done them before and man they kicked my ass. I was literally panting after 2 sets of ten.

Well Gregg being the douchebag that he is proceeds to tell me that I must be really out of shape if squat thrusts are hurting me that bad. So i told him if he could do 50 of them without stopping I would pay him 100$. The fucking assclown did about 25 or so, stops cause he was panting so hard and proceeded to turn and puke on a girl on one of the step up machines. I never laugh so hard in my entire life. I'm guessing I wont be seeing him around anymore. Ah karma mabye you do exist.

ROTFL
dude that's amazing!!!!!!!!!1
dude im here laughing so hard!
I feel bad 4 the girl though!

"."

You feel bad for the English language .

whether its real or a work

this story is awesome

I can't decide if burpees were invented by someone evil who wanted to inflict pain, or a genius who wanted the worlds greatest single exercise.

On a side note.... Was the girl on the stair machine hot?

BTW poor girl....she was minding her business, probably working out after a long day at work and she gets barfed on? That just isn't rite.

My wrestling coach would make us do 25, 30, 50, 100 burpees to increase our cardio and endurance and if we slacked off 500 burpees! Im not saying I did all 500 without stoping but you get used to them.

BTW poor girl....she was minding her business, probably working out after a long day at work and she gets barfed on? That just isn't rite.

haha, not to be a dick, but you just chastiseda guy for using "4" in a sentence and you come back and use "BTW" and "rite". Stop correcting people, haha.

funny story, I need to do more burpees

haha, not to be a dick, but you just chastiseda guy for using "4" in a sentence and you come back and use "BTW" and "rite". Stop correcting people, haha.

funny story, I need to do more burpees

Clearly you take the interweb too seriously...

ROFL the fact that he's a douchebag and was talking all this game made the story so much better. BTW, was the chick hot at all?

WIS post that story in idiot thread in S/P....that's pure awesomeness...

Back