Now available in the USA: Playstation Now coming to the glorious master race.

Personally I don't expect Sony to ever give up making exclusives but it will be interesting to see what happens with Microsoft.

The problem with PC gaming is sales/game have been too low to justify AAA studios focusing on that platform but Microsoft could potentially change that equation, depending on how they integrate Xbox and Win10.

Personally I don't expect Sony to ever give up making exclusives but it will be interesting to see what happens with Microsoft.

The problem with PC gaming is sales/game have been too low to justify AAA studios focusing on that platform but Microsoft could potentially change that equation, depending on how they integrate Xbox and Win10.

Again I give you this...

http://www.eteknix.com/top-10-pc-games-revenue-destroys-consoles-2015/

PC gaming generates far more money then Console gaming. Most triple AAA games are already on the PC.

It proves that PC gaming is profitable....as long as the games are F2P, can run on any old rig, and are littered with micro transactions.

'Dat PC Master Race...

Salty much?

Could stick to recycling games year after year, paying for online play and needing remasters for newer consoles.

Salty much?

Could stick to recycling games year after year, paying for online play and needing remasters for newer consoles.

Why would I be salty over sales of F2P games I have absolutely no interest in? It basically confirms what I've been saying about PC gaming when I hear all this "master race" shit about "superior graphics", and "frame rates". That very few are actually playing on state of the art rigs, and would rather play the big boy games on consoles.

Oh' and recycled games? LOL. Says the guy touting a list made up of old MOBA's and MMO's. A few of which came out damn near a decade ago. I'd rather play a new Naughty Dog TPS, than a game I was running on Windows XP in 2007.

"Master Race".

I can't find individual game sales anywhere besides that article. Lists of top selling games are out there but the sales numbers must be available by subscription only for industry insiders.

I was hoping to compare sales for specific games across platforms but I guess those numbers aren't publicly available anymore.

Why would I be salty over sales of F2P games I have absolutely no interest in? It basically confirms what I've been saying about PC gaming when I hear all this "master race" shit about "superior graphics", and "frame rates". That very few are actually playing on state of the art rigs, and would rather play the big boy games on consoles.

Oh' and recycled games? LOL. Says the guy touting a list made up of old MOBA's and MMO's. A few of which came out damn near a decade ago. I'd rather play a new Naughty Dog TPS, than a game I was running on Windows XP in 2007.

"Master Race".

Seeing that to get better graphics and performance then consoles does not take a state of the art rig you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Regardless of what you personally want to play, the numbers are clear, PC gaming generates more money then consoles. The fact that it can do so from older PC games does not really help your argument.

The big boys games on consoles? Perhaps you mean like Madden, which are the ones I called recycled. People do like paying for what is basically the same game year after year for some reason.

I can't find individual game sales anywhere besides that article. Lists of top selling games are out there but the sales numbers must be available by subscription only for industry insiders.

I was hoping to compare sales for specific games across platforms but I guess those numbers aren't publicly available anymore.

Here is an article regarding Witcher 3 sales.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-sales-split-30-pc-70-console/

At the time of the article 30% of games sales were PC with the rest were Consoles. 75% were retail and 25% were digital, yet digital sales were 50% of revenue.

Yeah it's hard to find numbers that don't exclude digital copies.

Here is an article regarding Witcher 3 sales.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-sales-split-30-pc-70-console/

At the time of the article 30% of games sales were PC with the rest were Consoles. 75% were retail and 25% were digital, yet digital sales were 50% of revenue.
Thanks. I don't really have a dog in this fight but I am curious about how sales are trending just to get an idea of what's coming down the road. If the future of AAA gaming is mobile, VR and MMO's, I might not be playing anything in five years. Those kinds of games don't interest me.

Thanks. I don't really have a dog in this fight but I am curious about how sales are trending just to get an idea of what's coming down the road. If the future of AAA gaming is mobile, VR and MMO's, I might not be playing anything in five years. Those kinds of games don't interest me.

I doubt AAA games will move to mobile, but you are going to see VR support and more MMO's. You are also likely to see streaming services for games.

I doubt AAA games will move to mobile, but you are going to see VR support and more MMO's. You are also likely to see streaming services for games.
I really don't get the push for VR. I know it's a new medium but the demos I have seen looked like they would give me a headache after 20 minutes. Also the gameplay was pretty lacking which is an unacceptable trade off for me.

I worry that games will become too passive and uninteresting as devs focus on trying to sell the visual experience at the expense of skill based gameplay. I almost hope it fails miserably.

I really don't get the push for VR. I know it's a new medium but the demos I have seen looked like they would give me a headache after 20 minutes. Also the gameplay was pretty lacking which is an unacceptable trade off for me.

I don't know how viable it is in the long term, but I think it's got a better chance at grabbing a foothold in the industry more than the flash in the pan that "motion controls" were. The thing with VR is that it works. It works really, really well. And that's now. It's only going to get better as they work the kinks out. That combined with graphics kind of topping out, and it might actually be the next true evolution of video games. The price isn't that outrageous either. Every entertainment industry needs to keep a close eye on this shit. From video games, to movies, to television. It could be a game changer.

I don't know how viable it is in the long term, but I think it's got a better chance at grabbing a foothold in the industry more than the flash in the pan that "motion controls" were. The thing with VR is that it works. It works really, really well. And that's now. It's only going to get better as they work the kinks out. That combined with graphics kind of topping out, and it might actually be the next true evolution of video games. The price isn't that outrageous either. Every entertainment industry needs to keep a close eye on this shit. From video games, to movies, to television. It could be a game changer.
I can definitely see the application for traditional entertainment but I'll be amazed if they can make it work in this industry and truly enhance the gaming experience. I don't expect much but interactive movies for a few years unfortunately.

I worry that games will become too passive and uninteresting as devs focus on trying to sell the visual experience at the expense of skill based gameplay. I almost hope it fails miserably.

I think devs may add some VR functionality to some games, such as first person shooters, but don't think it will effect the games overall. VR is still going to remain a niche thing for some time.

It's now available in the US. I'm trying the 7 day demo now

Lol. Ps now is garbage to the max. I don't think it's the same as playing on a ps3.

Gaming resolution and frame rate depend mostly on the steam as opposed to the hardware.

Any reviews from Sherbros yet? I've been working a lot lately, and haven't had any free time to check out the free trial.

Back