Novitsky says UFC fighters can get 2-year suspensions if caught using IVs

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In a recent interview with Ariel Helwani via the MMA Hour, drug czar, Jeff Novitsky fielded a variety of questions, with the main focus on the IV ban, which is just five weeks away. Here's what he had to say:

"The risk versus reward under this program, I mean if someone is found out to have taken an IV you're facing a potential two-year ban, which is a long time in the UFC and in MMA. Hopefully all those factors that are put forth, everyone will follow the rules.

"What was surprising to me was the prevalence of its use in this sport, not necessarily to try to defeat anti-doping tests, but for rehydration purposes. That and the extreme weight cuts that were going on. That was a surprise."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/24/9196535/jeff-novitsky-says-fighters-can-be-suspended-for-2-years-if-caught

Last edited:
"Even if there wasn't a definitive test now, there could be two or three years from now."

yeah, see you then.

Aldo might be going to lightweight real soon.

Good. Maybe the weightclasses would actually be legit soon.

He was surprised by the weight cutting and re hydration in this sport?

Wow.

A group of UFC fighters should give this douchebag a "blanket and soap party" like they did to Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

A group of UFC fighters should give this douchebag a "blanket and soap party" like they did to Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

I'm guessing that would be more than a 2-year suspension.:icon_chee

Back