November 3rd, Main Event?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Felsh, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Felsh

Felsh 57-0

Nate Diaz and Dustin Porier should be the main event. It is almost a crime that they aren't, for the simple fact that this fight NEEDS TO BE 5 ROUNDS. I'm pretty sure why is self explanatory, a fan of either fighter would surely be disappointed if after 3 rounds there is still much to answer. The UFC surely knows that these fighters are both reknown for endurance shouldn't be limited to a 15 minute fight time... which brings me to my question - Who is main eventing November 3rd.

I have a couple theories...

Nate is one of the biggest stars in the sport today. Whether you love/hate or are indifferent about him, you have to take into account that post-McGregor fights his level of fame and draw aren't surpassed by many... and in this new WME era of UFC it seems unlikely to me they headline with someone other than a superstar of the sport. GSP superfight (vs Anderson?)? The return of Jon Jones? Cormier/Lesnar?

In a perfect world Nate/Dustin gets bumped to main event and in a world gone wrong we get Cyborg/Nunes instead of rounds 4 and 5

2. Ahrukin

Ahrukin White Belt

What are you talking about with Nates fame and draw power post conor? Nates last 2 fights were against conor and has not fought since..... before that he has not fought on a PPV card since 2011..... he draws what? cool pictures?

RiseAboveHat and Kumason like this.
  3. Kumason

Kumason MMA freak! Yellow Card

Not even gonna comment on your thread minus your thoughts on the 5 round thing.I agree to a point.They should have had Nate vs Dustin headlining a FOX or Fight Night as it really should be a 5 rounder and would be perfect headlining a big FOX event or something but it is what it is and it's set for the PPV.You can't have a non title fight in the main event over title fights,this isn't Bellator.I would prefer that though since Idgaf where fights are placed on a card,but it is kind of silly.It's a 3 rounder and the UFC makes iffy decisions,get over it.

Diaz's cardio didn't even look that good in his last fight,surprisingly bad for him imo and Dustin has fantastic cardio,so I think it would likely have the same outcome with 3 as it would with 5.Nate is so overrated anyway,it'd probably just be more of a beating if it's 5 rounds and the clear better fighter should be solved with 3 just fine.

4. Delmrus

Delmrus Banned Banned

I think Nick AND Nate are both pretty big draws. Certainly not on Conor's level, but even casual fans definitely know who they are. In fact, i would saw they are pretty high up there if we made a list of highest draws and how much each fighter is known by the general casual. I don't think i would have it headline a PPV, but it's atleast co-main worthy on a PPV or headliner on a FOX card.

KayuudaBuusta and Felsh like this.
  5. TheIrishPsycho

TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

Main event will be Anderson VS someone with a set of balls i.e. NOT GSP.

Felsh likes this.
  6. mbffm

mbffm Yellow Belt

If nobody is willing to fight, lets try something new:

GSP vs. Ferguson

The winner will fight the champion.

Felsh likes this.
  7. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Anderson vs someone not names GSP should be co-maining Nate vs Dustin at this point in his career.

Felsh likes this.
  8. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

I think that Cormier defends the 205 belt. I think he knows that Nate is a decent draw. So while him vs Gus may not do huge numbers. He would have Nate vs Dustin to prop them up and he gets paid more.

9. podsox

podsox Silver Belt

Did this scumbag get jones off the hook again?

Gambit MMA likes this.
  10. Felsh

Felsh 57-0

DC aint fightin Gus

Meathead Jock likes this.
  11. Felsh

Felsh 57-0

im down

12. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Agree'd, no chance he puts his Lesnar superfight at such a high level or risk.

Felsh likes this.
  13. Felsh

Felsh 57-0

Nate is a needle mover look at his following over the internet and instagram - how much the media focuses him. That shit matters when it comes to talking about star power. Why do you think Kardashians are so famous

14. The Judge Holden

The Judge Holden White Belt

DC will fight Jones again. 100%.

15. SaigeVanZant

SaigeVanZant Yellow Card Yellow Card

DC vs. Corey Anderson

"You think I'm just going to sit here and let you beast 25/8?"

16. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Gold Belt

Anderson can't fight until Nov.10th

TheIrishPsycho likes this.
  17. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Gold Belt

That "scumbag" has nothing to do with Jones

TheIrishPsycho likes this.
  18. Joedaman55

Joedaman55 Don't be homeless

Prolly Holloway/Ortega or a Cyborg fight.

19. Kumason

Kumason MMA freak! Yellow Card

I still don't know who the Kardashians are,nor do I have an instagram or talk to any fighters that I don't know personally on social media.I could care less about ratings/ppv buys etc.Of course I understand why Nates on a PPV but his last two fights were with Conor so how do you know he's a needle mover cause he has instagram followers and a beefed up wiki?

Are you telling me he's too big to be headlining a FOX event?Cause that's just silly.He'll likely lose and go back into obscurity with all his instagram followers.Sure he's a good name now but lets not act like he's some big deal ppv changer.Guys 3-4 in his last 7 ,6-6 in his last 12, 9-9 in his last 18 and was getting peanuts till he got to fight Conor because they needed a replacement quick.He got his 15 minutes of fame and never fights.

20. Mormont

Mormont Orange Belt

Yeah, I give it about a -23% chance that Corey Anderson is involved in the main event of the MSG card. LOL