November 3rd, Main Event?

Felsh

57-0
Banned
Reaction score
Nate Diaz and Dustin Porier should be the main event. It is almost a crime that they aren't, for the simple fact that this fight NEEDS TO BE 5 ROUNDS. I'm pretty sure why is self explanatory, a fan of either fighter would surely be disappointed if after 3 rounds there is still much to answer. The UFC surely knows that these fighters are both reknown for endurance shouldn't be limited to a 15 minute fight time... which brings me to my question - Who is main eventing November 3rd.

I have a couple theories...

Nate is one of the biggest stars in the sport today. Whether you love/hate or are indifferent about him, you have to take into account that post-McGregor fights his level of fame and draw aren't surpassed by many... and in this new WME era of UFC it seems unlikely to me they headline with someone other than a superstar of the sport. GSP superfight (vs Anderson?)? The return of Jon Jones? Cormier/Lesnar?

In a perfect world Nate/Dustin gets bumped to main event and in a world gone wrong we get Cyborg/Nunes instead of rounds 4 and 5

Nate Diaz and Dustin Porier should be the main event. It is almost a crime that they aren't, for the simple fact that this fight NEEDS TO BE 5 ROUNDS. I'm pretty sure why is self explanatory, a fan of either fighter would surely be disappointed if after 3 rounds there is still much to answer. The UFC surely knows that these fighters are both reknown for endurance shouldn't be limited to a 15 minute fight time... which brings me to my question - Who is main eventing November 3rd.

Nate is one of the biggest stars in the sport today. Whether you love/hate or are indifferent about him, you have to take into account that post-McGregor fights his level of fame and draw aren't surpassed by many... and in this new WME era of UFC it seems unlikely to me they headline with someone other than a superstar of the sport. GSP superfight (vs Anderson?)? The return of Jon Jones? Cormier/Lesnar?

In a perfect world Nate/Dustin gets bumped to main event and in a world gone wrong we get Cyborg/Nunes instead of rounds 4 and 5
What are you talking about with Nates fame and draw power post conor? Nates last 2 fights were against conor and has not fought since..... before that he has not fought on a PPV card since 2011..... he draws what? cool pictures?

Not even gonna comment on your thread minus your thoughts on the 5 round thing.I agree to a point.They should have had Nate vs Dustin headlining a FOX or Fight Night as it really should be a 5 rounder and would be perfect headlining a big FOX event or something but it is what it is and it's set for the PPV.You can't have a non title fight in the main event over title fights,this isn't Bellator.I would prefer that though since Idgaf where fights are placed on a card,but it is kind of silly.It's a 3 rounder and the UFC makes iffy decisions,get over it.

Diaz's cardio didn't even look that good in his last fight,surprisingly bad for him imo and Dustin has fantastic cardio,so I think it would likely have the same outcome with 3 as it would with 5.Nate is so overrated anyway,it'd probably just be more of a beating if it's 5 rounds and the clear better fighter should be solved with 3 just fine.

What are you talking about with Nates fame and draw power post conor? Nates last 2 fights were against conor and has not fought since..... before that he has not fought on a PPV card since 2011..... he draws what? cool pictures?

I think Nick AND Nate are both pretty big draws. Certainly not on Conor's level, but even casual fans definitely know who they are. In fact, i would saw they are pretty high up there if we made a list of highest draws and how much each fighter is known by the general casual. I don't think i would have it headline a PPV, but it's atleast co-main worthy on a PPV or headliner on a FOX card.

Main event will be Anderson VS someone with a set of balls i.e. NOT GSP.

If nobody is willing to fight, lets try something new:

GSP vs. Ferguson

The winner will fight the champion.

I think that Cormier defends the 205 belt. I think he knows that Nate is a decent draw. So while him vs Gus may not do huge numbers. He would have Nate vs Dustin to prop them up and he gets paid more.

Did this scumbag get jones off the hook again?

I think that Cormier defends the 205 belt. I think he knows that Nate is a decent draw. So while him vs Gus may not do huge numbers. He would have Nate vs Dustin to prop them up and he gets paid more.

DC aint fightin Gus

Not even gonna comment on your thread minus your thoughts on the 5 round thing.I agree to a point.They should have had Nate vs Dustin headlining a FOX or Fight Night as it really should be a 5 rounder and would be perfect headlining a big FOX event or something but it is what it is and it's set for the PPV.You can't have a non title fight in the main event over title fights,this isn't Bellator.I would prefer that though since Idgaf where fights are placed on a card,but it is kind of silly.It's a 3 rounder and the UFC makes iffy decisions,get over it.

Diaz's cardio didn't even look that good in his last fight,surprisingly bad for him imo and Dustin has fantastic cardio,so I think it would likely have the same outcome with 3 as it would with 5.Nate is so overrated anyway,it'd probably just be more of a beating if it's 5 rounds and the clear better fighter should be solved with 3 just fine.

Nate is a needle mover look at his following over the internet and instagram - how much the media focuses him. That shit matters when it comes to talking about star power. Why do you think Kardashians are so famous

DC vs. Corey Anderson

"You think I'm just going to sit here and let you beast 25/8?"

Nate is a needle mover look at his following over the internet and instagram - how much the media focuses him. That shit matters when it comes to talking about star power. Why do you think Kardashians are so famous

I still don't know who the Kardashians are,nor do I have an instagram or talk to any fighters that I don't know personally on social media.I could care less about ratings/ppv buys etc.Of course I understand why Nates on a PPV but his last two fights were with Conor so how do you know he's a needle mover cause he has instagram followers and a beefed up wiki?

Are you telling me he's too big to be headlining a FOX event?Cause that's just silly.He'll likely lose and go back into obscurity with all his instagram followers.Sure he's a good name now but lets not act like he's some big deal ppv changer.Guys 3-4 in his last 7 ,6-6 in his last 12, 9-9 in his last 18 and was getting peanuts till he got to fight Conor because they needed a replacement quick.He got his 15 minutes of fame and never fights.

DC vs. Corey Anderson

"You think I'm just going to sit here and let you beast 25/8?"
Yeah, I give it about a -23% chance that Corey Anderson is involved in the main event of the MSG card. LOL

Back