Nova Uniao vs Team Alpha Male (H2H)

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I wanted to take a head to head look at the two most prominent camps for the little guys. I will edit if anyone thinks of other head to head match ups of the two.. Off the top of my head I can think of 5 fights between the two camps.

4-2 in favor of NU.

Aldo over Faber
Aldo over Mendes
Barao over Faber
Barao over Faber

Benavidez over Formiga
Benavidez over Fabiano

Last edited:
Soon it will be 6-1.

Barao over Dillashaw.
Aldo over Mendes AGAIN.

Nova Uniao = Team Alpha Male Killers

sorry op, team alpha midgets can't compete against nova uniao.

Joe Benavidez beat Waggney Fabiano back in WEC.

Joe Benavidez beat Waggney Fabiano back in WEC.
yep, by sub too, must've rankled. Fabiano actually gave GSP his blue belt too.

Nova Uniao just seems like the better camp overall.

To be fair, all of the winners were moderately favoured to win.
It's tough to compare the two when only a couple of their guys have fought.

NU is still the best team in the world, imo.

yep, by sub too, must've rankled. Fabiano actually gave GSP his blue belt too.

Nova Uniao just seems like the better camp overall.

I feel like that camp is good more so because of the fighters in it rather than the coaches coaching it, Kind of an iron sharpens iron type deal, I think if bigger guys started training and other guys that weren't stars so they didn't get to train with the Aldo and Baraos of the camp they wouldn't be very good at all and they wouldn't be known. So I basically feel like the camp wouldn't be very good at all without those two guys and maybe 1 or 2 other guys in the camp. I also think as a camp in a whole ,team alpha male has more quality fighters overall than nova uniao. Nova Uniao again only has those two guys so Alpha male overall would have to be a better camp IMO

I feel like that camp is good more so because of the fighters in it rather than the coaches coaching it, Kind of an iron sharpens iron type deal, I think if bigger guys started training and other guys that weren't stars so they didn't get to train with the Aldo and Baraos of the camp they wouldn't be very good at all and they wouldn't be known. So I basically feel like the camp wouldn't be very good at all without those two guys and maybe 1 or 2 other guys in the camp. I also think as a camp in a whole ,team alpha male has more quality fighters overall than nova uniao. Nova Uniao again only has those two guys so Alpha male overall would have to be a better camp IMO

Lol wat?

Aldo, Bar

I wouldn't say JDS is a product of Nova Uniao.
He's more of a product of Dorea & Nogueira

I would say BJ Penn is more of a product of Didi's coaching than JDS

To weigh the differences:

I'd choose Faber to beat Eduardo & DuDu
Chad Mendes over Sandro (at this point)

Aldo & Barao are just in a class of their own.

I was just answering to his saying of 'lack of quality fighters' regarding NU.

They have a lot of guys but I can see your point. I remember Ronny Markes and Thailes Leites weren't particularly impressive, although Leites is looking better. But Barao and Aldo are lightyears ahead of them.

Back