Nov 2 ppv card more stacked than tonight's UFC

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Da Bombers, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Da Bombers

Da Bombers Purple Belt

2 title fights on the line including a rematch of probably the most exciting fight in bellators history, and an interim title fight for the 205 lb belt. That's 3 title fights and theyre all competitive, fairly evenly matched fights. Add on Tito vs rampage and check Kongo vs vinicius spartan and that might be the REAL most stacked card of all time

2. js1083

js1083 White Belt

Great card...unfortunately, they will be lucky to have 100k buys.

3. Hadron

Hadron Banned Banned

Don't confuse "fun" fights with "stacked".
    Tito and Rampage are both irrelevant to their divisions. As is Kongo.

Not to mention that Tito usually fights pretty tentatively against hard hitters, Rampage just turns up for the paycheck, and Kongo also has a tendancy to underperform. There is a high probably that these could turn out to be stinkers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a bad card, and depending on the price, I'll probably buy it. I'm just saying that not set your expectations to high.

And as for pay-per-views...Affliction put on WAY better cards than this, and didn't sell anything. PPV is all about brand recognition.

4. Da Bombers

Da Bombers Purple Belt

I know what you mean about the fun fights vs stacked and that's why I mentioned the competitive title fights as the real meat of the card. Tito and page IMO is a fun fight exactly like you mentioned. Kongo vs quiroz might be fireworks as the latter just KOd lavar "big" Johnson within a minute of their fight and is a Nogeira bros protege.

5. Da Bombers

Da Bombers Purple Belt

While youre at it can you give me next weeks Lotto 6/49 numbers?

6. VIP1349

VIP1349 Silver Belt

Bombers I give you credit for sticking to your gimmick but shit man come on. Its Bellator putting the best five fights they can put on a card vs UFC just another PPV.

Hopefully they do decent enough numbers for Bellator to keep moving on but damn bro of course its more deep. But they ruined the rest the cards this year to do it.

7. NitroSantanaCFH

NitroSantanaCFH Blue Belt

Are you trolling or just a Belly Toe shill?

Do you really think Chandler/Alvarez 2 will be come anywhere close to Sanchez/Melendez? Tonight's Facebook prelims will match the rest of your REAL "stacked" card in terms of excitement. If RFA put 6 Title fights on one card, does that make it more "stacked?" It's still the minor leagues and half the big fights mean zilch, especially the main event.

We just watched nearly a dozen divisional Top 10 fighters throw down in the world's premier org and you're more excited for Bellator champs? GTFO goof

8. whitebelt30

whitebelt30 White Belt

Yup.

9. PIT FIGHTER

PIT FIGHTER YAMMA Pit Fighter

Da Bombers is the worst troll ever.

10. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

Man trolls need to step their game up.

11. Powerlift

Powerlift Purple Belt

3 of the fighters you're hyping up aren't even UFC level........with the losses and cut to prove it.

12. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Did you see their first fight?

13. Jawth

Jawth Silver Belt

The only quality fights (talent wise) on Bellator's PPV are Chandler/Alvarez II and Curran/Straus II.

Tito (1-7-1 in his last nine) vs. Rampage (lost his last three) is a joke main event.

King Mo vs. Newton II is pathetic. Their champ is fine but because Bellator is butthurt that their new poster boy got humiliated their trying to let him avenge the loss.

I admit Kongo's cut was the UFC was unfair but it's not like he's a world beater either. It's a fun fight that I would gladly watch for free but it's not worth my money.

14. oswald1

oswald1 Black Belt

You are the one trolling and this statement doesnt make any sense. Chandler/Alvarez 2 is yet to happen so its pretty fucking obvious TS is making his case based on the quality of fights ON PAPER, you know, the excitement level BEFOREHAND. And on paper Chandler/Alvarez completely crushes Sanchez/Melendez which was considered poor matchmaking by many (including me) because Sanchez never deserved such a highly ranked fighter. The fights outcome has got shit all to do with anything.

And I am/was actually looking forward more to this card than I did to last nights UFC because that was filled with mismatches. (again on paper) and it mostly came out. And this one isnt, even tho I dont give a flying fuck about Tito/Rampage, Chandler/Alvarez, King Mo/Newton and the Curran fight are all better than anything UFC 166 had to offer

15. ali2013champ

ali2013champ Banned Banned

have you seen Chandler/Alvarez 1?

Melendez/Sanchez is hyperbole by Rogan

Chandler/Alvarez was 5 times better fight

16. Stan

Stan Black Belt

Totally agree Affliction had stacked fight cards, the UFC has watered down cards but this Bellator card is very good.

17. catsforsale

catsforsale Purple Belt

I am looking forward to that card

18. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

They will be lucky to do more than 50,000 buys.
    Affliction puts on ridiculous card in the golden era of mma ppv, and they fail horribly.
    Bellator ruins rest of the year for this card, even if they do 100,000 buys they still lose
    tons of viewers on Spike tv.

I will buy it if it is 20-30 bucks.

19. The Reed

The Reed Red Belt

Sanchez/Melendez was fun and all but not half as good as it's hyped as. Chandler/Alvarez 1 was a superior fight IMO and their second fight is better and more important on paper.

That said I do think TS is a gimmick troll, especially after seeing how he's using Kongo/Spartan as a reason this is a stacked card.

20. MOJO Fire

MOJO Fire Black Belt

What are we comparing here? Who cares if Bellator has more title fights if they involve fighters that arent highly ranked, based on popularity, fun factor?

166 main card has 7 top 10 fighters, Bellator has 3 top 10
    The #1 and #2 HWs in world or 2 guys ranked in the top 50 headlining?
    I always watch Bellator and hope for their success but going PPV is idiotic and not better than 166