Social Notre Dame fire: Billionaires haven't paid a cent yet despite grand promises

Strange, 'cause that's exactly how it works for all the large church constructions or remodelings I have seen in the past 30 years.

The committee in charge of the project draws up the final construction plans with the assistance of artists/sculptors/architects/engineering firms chosen for the task, then release a clear and transparent itemized list of the costs break-downs to the public. Small anonymous donations from regular joes would go into the general construction fund, and the deep-pocketed benefactors choose which major and expensive parts of the project they wants to sponsors outright (granite floor, stain-glass windows, grand organ, marble sculptures, lighting system, sound system, flower garden, and so on).

I haven't seen any concrete construction plans and costs being released by the French government yet, so it's rather strange for this reporter to expect people to just throw millions of their own money into the great unknowns.

Not just this reporter... look at all of these idiots in this thread bad-mouthing the "rich" people.

It's amazing how far this whole religion charade has come... 2019 and people are still doing this shit huh?
PSsst IDGAF about the religion (although the good of a strong moral fiber and household life cannot be denied) if you don’t think that Notre Dame Cathedral is worth preserving as it was, you have no idea of the historic significance of one of the most lavish ans elaborate pieces of architecture of its time.

Just as much as I wished they saved the amazing church in Gary (thanks resident arsenists, vandals etc) Notre Dame NEEDS preserved as well

The catholic church does not need donations to repair Notre Dame. That have billions if not trillions of dollars. They can afford it.

The catholic church does not need donations to repair Notre Dame. That have billions if not trillions of dollars. They can afford it.
That may be but let's say I own a $750,000 house and am worth like 5 million (and have like 7 mil in my bank account that everyone knows about). And someone starts a GoFundMePage to help re-build my house cause I'm some philanthropist that cured cancer or some shit.

FUCK NO I ain't paying to rebuild my own house.

That may be but let's say I own a $750,000 house and am worth like 5 million (and have like 7 mil in my bank account that everyone knows about). And someone starts a GoFundMePage to help re-build my house cause I'm some philanthropist that cured cancer or some shit.

FUCK NO I ain't paying to rebuild my own house.
Oh for sure if people are going to give them money they should take it

Oh for sure if people are going to give them money they should take it
Like I agree, they don't need the help but they're greedy as fuck so they ain't going to pay for it out of their own pocket if they don't have to.

PSsst IDGAF about the religion (although the good of a strong moral fiber and household life cannot be denied) if you don’t think that Notre Dame Cathedral is worth preserving as it was, you have no idea of the historic significance of one of the most lavish ans elaborate pieces of architecture of its time.

Just as much as I wished they saved the amazing church in Gary (thanks resident arsenists, vandals etc) Notre Dame NEEDS preserved as well

You cant be serious with the bold can you?

Just to make this clear: you want the Vatican to solely fund the reconstruction of a French cathedral that has been seized by French government and remains in the State's ownership under French laws, as it is the case with ALL cathedrals in France, since 1905?

The 1905 French law on the Separation of the Churches and State (French: loi du 9 décembre 1905 concernant la séparation des Églises et de l'État) was passed by the Chamber of Deputies on 9 December 1905. Enacted during the Third Republic, it established state secularism in France.

The 1905 law put an end to the government funding of religious groups by France and its political subdivisions. (The state had previously agreed to such funding in the Napoleonic Concordat of 1801 as compensation for the Revolution's confiscation of Church properties. At the same time, it declared that all religious buildings were property of the state and local governments.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1905_French_law_on_the_Separation_of_the_Churches_and_the_State

And your weird rationale for this outlandish logic is because "The Catholic Church can afford it"?

Last edited:
How about we get an investigation in to how it burned down before anyone gives anything? Did they ever even release a root cause?

It doesn't matter no one really has a $100-200 million in cash just to give away.

These billionaires are worth billions because of the things they own not because of the cash they have on hand.

It's just a bunch of IOUs.

It doesn't matter no one really has a $100-200 million in cash just to give away.

These billionaires are worth billions because of the things they own not because of the cash they have on hand.

It's just a bunch of IOUs.

gSmVoiE.png

Back