Notable fighters who started MMA / Martial arts late in life?

I find it more interesting that you're writing a document for a publication and you don't know how to write.
lol true

0d51fb1f9ca8d22d0025d80444590edd6b50075f4da47b0c0c2bcb420f10e504.jpg

1: I am not a writer

2: There is a reason every reputable publication employ editors

3: Grammar in the US and Grammar in Europe is different.

4: This is a forum and I give zero fucks about how my writing looks..

and lastly how much are you getting paid for your job as forum editor?

:icon_chee

Yeah, someone should have given you a heads up about this; Sherdog is one of those places where people feel much more free than in an average forum to conduct themselves within a range of telling it like it is bluntly to being complete tools of the highest order. Your skin will get thick and tougher than leather around here, believe that.

Yeah, someone should have given you a heads up about this; Sherdog is one of those places where people feel much more free than in an average forum to conduct themselves within a range of telling it like it is bluntly to being complete tools of the highest order. Your skin will get thick and tougher than leather around here, believe that.

Haha I hear you but honestly I don't think there is many forums left on the interwebs that is not like that anymore..

Bunch of litte fruits and keyboard warriors running around the place.. Thanks for the heads up though!

Travis Browne started in his mid 20's I believe

I find it more interesting that you're writing a document for a publication and you don't know how to write.

I find it more interesting that you are a document for a publication. Especially since you do not know how to write.

Your grammar sucks too!

Some of these answers I don't understand. It's easy to find examples of people that started training late and didn't go anywhere (Baroni, Pudz, Hershel Walker, Batista), but fighters who really succeeded and started training late are few and far between.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

JDS
Vernon Tiger White
Mark Hunt
Frank Shamrock (depending on what age is starting late)

Other fighters suggested (Kimo, Tank) were as well trained as anyone at the time they entered the sport.

Brock Lesnar. Amateur wrestler, pro wrestler and then MMA (real martial art)

Jon Jones had almost no training before going pro just a few years ago. And he's now the greatest of all time.

Well, i maybe be wrong, but i think Bas Rutten started pancrase at 27, which is considered an old age to debut.

Also, the one that should be good to mention is Celine Haga:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Celine-Haga-46556

I heard on forums that she started about mma basically with 0 background. Was used as stepping stone in japanese promotions untill she made a huge upset by defeating Mika Nagano.

Back