Not understanding the Bader hate- called gatekeeper?

elaborate? don't be a sheep and call him "not good" because you hear other people saying it.

WHY do you think hes not good? because hes lost to the best in the world?

If you watch fights you can see for yourself that he's not that good.

Gate keeper is a term lots of dudes like to throw around but don't really use properly.
Plus Sherbros like to talk shit. Myself included. Is normal.

Bader is the Bisping of the LHW division

outside the top 5 Bader could probably beat everyone but once he reaches the best of the best he fails each and every time, point will be proven when Phil mercs him

i think he beats phil Davis

Skill-wise, he is just not impressive.

Bader could have easily won this match.

Exactly, he could have, but he didn't. That seems to be the theme with Bader so far. He could have beat some top 5 people, but he can't. Which is what kind of makes him a gatekeeper.

Yea the guys he lost to arent bad but who are the big names that he beat?

A gatekeeper is usually a top 10 fighter. The problem is you dont understand what the word means. You're probably confusing it with journeyman.

Roy Nelson is another example of a gatekeeper. Beats everyone but contenders. All the fighters in the UFC he has lost to have gone on to contend except Stipe who proved himself in his last fight.
It's not that I don't understand the word, it's that the word has no definitive meaning. Often people use it to describe a fighter like Leben. Someone that is good enough to hang in the UFC, but if you can't beat him you are probably going to get cut.

Gatekeeper is a term with no definitive definition beyond being someone you beat to reach a certain level, what that level might be changes a lot.

Honestly I can see the case for using it with Bader, even though he's ranked quite highly and has been for awhile theres a sense that LHW has become very top heavy and that the guys above Bader are a good deal better than him.

Ryan Bader is the best example of an untalented fighter who relies on his athletic abilities to win. He's not an elite guy, but he's got some good wins on his records, so props to him for that.

Not a fan though.

Not only his ability, but there is something about his personality which I personally do not like. Others may feel the same way. I don't hate him, I just don't like him. I could go into it, but I'll just leave it as 'I don't like that dude'.

Bader is a gatekeeper and I don't view that as an insult.

The problem is gatekeeper is being thrown around in the wrong way nowadays. A gatekeeper should be that really good fighter that is the last step or two for a fighter that wants to challenge for the title. If you're a gatekeeper, you are just outside of title range, basically. Sounds about right for Bader?

Back