News Not Trying to Dig Up Old News but what does Bud do?

bjl12

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/1...s-ennis-or-spence-in-2023-or-vacate-wbo-belt/

Crawford Must Fight Boots Ennis Or Spence In 2023 Or Vacate WBO Belt. Either of those fights are excellent to watch. A 3rd option would be 154 for Jermell which would also be excellent. Bud somehow finds himself in a great legacy oppprtunity in first half of 2023.

Thoughts?

Obviously this is assuming he gets past his tuneup...

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/1...s-ennis-or-spence-in-2023-or-vacate-wbo-belt/

Crawford Must Fight Boots Ennis Or Spence In 2023 Or Vacate WBO Belt. Either of those fights are excellent to watch. A 3rd option would be 154 for Jermell which would also be excellent. Bud somehow finds himself in a great legacy oppprtunity in first half of 2023.

Thoughts?

Obviously this is assuming he gets past his tuneup...
Hopefully he ducks Boots and vacates so they can have Boots against someone who will actually take a fight for vacant belt and maybe kid will start getting the real fights with some bargaining power. We know Bud will just waste more time and never fight anyone

it'd be nice to see Boots get a proper shot at a title - he deserves it. but i also wouldnt be mad at seeing the Spence fight. however im not holding out hope.....it seems to be boxings version of Khabib vs Ferguson. shit just cant happen

Last edited:
I don't see how the Twin fight gets made if the Spence fight couldn't. Both are under the same banner and have more leverage in the negotiations than dose/ would Crawford. I have a difficult time seeing the Boots fight happening, so Spence seems like the most realistic option. If that doesn't happen bud will probably vacate and expect big things to just fall in his lap, aka waste the rest of his career.

Still hoping we get to see Bud give High Times Spence and Crying Time Charlo a boxing lesson in 2023. It would be great to see at least one of those happen because Bud is capable of beating both men.

Still hoping we get to see Bud give High Times Spence and Crying Time Charlo a boxing lesson in 2023. It would be great to see at least one of those happen because Bud is capable of beating both men.
Not if he refuses to fight any names in multiple weight classes.
Charlo could actually give Bud lessons on how to to take tough fights, or how to unify a division.

Not if he refuses to fight any names in multiple weight classes.
Charlo could actually give Bud lessons on how to to take tough fights, or how to unify a division.

Crawford runs guaranteed, Ennis wrecks him if they fight an he knows it. Only then Crawford runs into 154 to do what exactly? That won’t go anywhere. As for Ennis it’s him and Spence at 147 imo and no one else is close.

Bud needs to fight a name or 2 in the next few years or he is going to be totally forgotten in 10 years. He has no names that people will remember on his resume. i don't think he cares as long as he is getting paid, but he will be lost to time in no time

Crawford runs guaranteed, Ennis wrecks him if they fight an he knows it. Only then Crawford runs into 154 to do what exactly? That won’t go anywhere. As for Ennis it’s him and Spence at 147 imo and no one else is close.
The thing is that Spence is only staying at 147 for the super fight & because him and Charlo are friends,training partners, and share the same trainer. Spence going to move up and is killing himself to make weight.
Boots also plans to move up and has the talent to be a multi division champ.
But won't be able to hide at 154 for long. Even if he does get past Charlo. Which is a big if. Jermell is a DOG!

meh the the online venom aside
I hope he turns it around in 23 and we see some of the big fights
I won't hold my breath.
but I'll give Bud another chance as a fan

Bud needs to fight a name or 2 in the next few years or he is going to be totally forgotten in 10 years. He has no names that people will remember on his resume. i don't think he cares as long as he is getting paid, but he will be lost to time in no time
but of an older head gripe
but contenders from the 80's and 70's plus earlier fought killers and Dissapeared into the ether. now days we got guys fighting no one near their level racking up 30-0 records and claiming they are goat...
grinds my gears

but of an older head gripe
but contenders from the 80's and 70's plus earlier fought killers and Dissapeared into the ether. now days we got guys fighting no one near their level racking up 30-0 records and claiming they are goat...
grinds my gears
it is ridiculous....all these stars like bud, errol, tank, ryan, teofimo, shakur, haney, etc. this could be a golden era for boxing but these guys are doing everything they can to avoid each other (no matter what they say) because they are terrified of losing (and yes, i realize they are not all the same weight, just throwing out the star power).

Crawford said a while ago that he thinks Ennis is the future of 147, so i don't know how likely that makes the fight to happen. Crawford vs Spence is a non-starter until both are in the ring together.

He has no choice but to finally give the fans a fight we want to see against Spence or Boots or he's giving up the belt and retires. I hope he proves me wrong and doesn't go with the latter, but...... homie's career is fraudulent unless he proves otherwise.

The Mell fight isn't even a real option. If the Spence fight doesn't happen the Mell fight won't happen, he has to go through the same avenues. Bud only using his name for recognition because nobody outside of nebraska gives a fuck about him.

Back