Not the first time Jackson/Wink has turned on their own

It's a tough game......but dump Cowboy for Perry?

If by "turning on Jones," you mean bring in other LHW fighters, then they've already done plenty of times since Rashad left.

This thread is fucking ridiculous.

What MMA camp only has one fighter per weight class?

I already stated that having more than one fighter in the same class is a good thing. Jackson twinks approach to this is highly unprofessional. Some guys spend damn near their entire ufc career there and get tossed aside the minute a young upstart with potential comes in. And I guarantee if a lhw comes in with more promise than Jones they will do the same with him. It's happened multiple times now with that gym. that's why we are talking about it now. If it was one off it would not be getting the attention that it is

I get the loyalty part but its crazy to think a world class gym has a few good fighters at the same weight and so they can never ever try to cultivate new fighters at those same weight classes.

MMA is a tough business. Most gyms fail, and most fighters fail. So you do what you have to do. That doesn't mean you have to lie, but leaving a place that isn't helping you make the most of what you have or going to a place that will isn't a crime.

Is Normal to stick with the fighters with the most upside... Cowboy is on his way out... and according to the forum Platinum is on his way up.
Yeah he is in his way up to being cut from ufc and becoming one fc champion..........

I already stated that having more than one fighter in the same class is a good thing. Jackson twinks approach to this is highly unprofessional. Some guys spend damn near their entire ufc career there and get tossed aside the minute a young upstart with potential comes in. And I guarantee if a lhw comes in with more promise than Jones they will do the same with him. It's happened multiple times now with that gym. that's why we are talking about it now. If it was one off it would not be getting the attention that it is

Nobody got tossed aside. Fighters in every weight class come and go all the time. Cerrone, Rashad and Browne got pissed off that a specific person joined the team.

Nobody got tossed aside. Fighters in every weight class come and go all the time. Cerrone, Rashad and Browne got pissed off that a specific person joined the team.

Well you're wrong about Rashad. Jackson said they would corner Jones even though Rashad was former champ. They should have split the gym and trained and corner both guys. Rashad had a right to be upset as does cowboy. You spend all your time and money to train somewhere, the least they could do is be professional about it. It's happened multiple times with Jackson's and not so much with other gyms. Teammates fight all the time but usually the gym doesn't pick one guy and tell the other to move on

Why? Because he feels loyal to a gym that will always be vested in his interests?

This is a fucking business not some type of chivalric order. Fighters have to do what is best for them in the long run.

If he's comfortable staying at SBG with that stable of obnoxious losers who are trying to mimic him, good for him. Not everybody else is in an optimal position with their team.

Conor attacking Dillashaw for being at odds with TAM was ridiculous at the time, and it's especially stupid now considering how everything worked out.
Nothing wrong with tj leaving. Or anyone leaving. I just think it's cool that Conor had stayed with his original guys and I'm not a fan at all so idk. ReLaX!

~DaViD~

- Diego was at 170. They brought in GSP

-Rashad and Jardine at 205. Brought in Jon Jones

- Arvloski and Travis Browne at Heavyweight. Bring in Overeem

- Cerrone at 155/170. Platinum Mike Perry comes in

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here... Are you saying that a gym / team can only train 1 or 2 fighters at a weight class and not more? o_O

Well you're wrong about Rashad. Jackson said they would corner Jones even though Rashad was former champ. They should have split the gym and trained and corner both guys.

You're getting your timeline mixed up. Jackson never said anything about cornering Jones in a hypothetical match up against Rashad while Rashad was still with Jackson/Wink. That came up a year after Rashad left the time when he fought Jones for the title.

Rashad left almost immediately after Jones said that he'd be open to fighting him. Jackson did his best to stay out of the conflict between Evans and Jones.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03...ng-out-of-it-but-disagrees-with-jones-evans-f

Platinum Mike Perry is so cool that the entire gym turned on Cowboy within minutes.

So yes, I know the story.

hAh58Vo.jpg

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here... Are you saying that a gym / team can only train 1 or 2 fighters at a weight class and not more? o_O

This is the kind of stupidity that you used to see here back in the day when it was "cool" to bash Greg Jackson because Dana had talked a bunch of shit about him.

Literally every major team has fighters constantly joining and leaving in every weight class. How is anything that Jackson has done out of line?

Nature of the beast
Nah its fucked. So pretty much anybody training at jackwink has to expect them to drop them for the newest flavor then use everything they know about them to train their new flavor. A few years from now they gonna train perry's opponent against him

You're getting your timeline mixed up. Jackson never said anything about cornering Jones in a hypothetical match up against Rashad while Rashad was still with Jackson/Wink. That came up a year after Rashad left the time when he fought Jones for the title.

Rashad left almost immediately after Jones said that he'd be open to fighting him. Jackson did his best to stay out of the conflict between Evans and Jones.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03...ng-out-of-it-but-disagrees-with-jones-evans-f

My timeline may be off but from the very article you posted,

"We have to sit down and find a way to have a team dynamic and yet deal with the situation so that we don't get caught like we just caught with this thing," said Jackson.

There are ways to go about this without the need to ostracize one of your fighters who have been there longer than almost everyone if not everyone.

I used to like Cowboy but hes being a bitch. He has his own gym, Jackson offered to come out to his gym like they have done before. He also has enough money he can afford to bring out training partners, etc for camp. Its dumb. So he has somewhere to go, why should Perry leave? Cowboy literally has everything he needs but wants to block out Perry just cause he thinks he has that kind of pull. Narcissitic douche.

I used to like Cowboy but hes being a bitch. He has his own gym, Jackson offered to come out to his gym like they have done before. He also has enough money he can afford to bring out training partners, etc for camp. Its dumb. So he has somewhere to go, why should Perry leave? Cowboy literally has everything he needs but wants to block out Perry just cause he thinks he has that kind of pull. Narcissitic douche.
You sound like you agree with Winklejohn.
"Winkeljohn said Cerrone has for several years drawn training partners and coaches away from the gym to train at BMF, but hasn’t contributed to Jackson Wink as a consistent team presence.
“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”​
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/donal...wink-mma-gym-puppy-mill-mike-perry-ufc-denver

You sound like you agree with Winklejohn.
"Winkeljohn said Cerrone has for several years drawn training partners and coaches away from the gym to train at BMF, but hasn’t contributed to Jackson Wink as a consistent team presence.
“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”​
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/donal...wink-mma-gym-puppy-mill-mike-perry-ufc-denver
Im not sure what you believe you added to the discussion?

Them choosing Jones over Rashad rubbed me the wrong way. Yet Winklejon talks about loyalty

Back