Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
- Diego was at 170. They brought in GSP

-Rashad and Jardine at 205. Brought in Jon Jones

- Arvloski and Travis Browne at Heavyweight. Bring in Overeem

- Cerrone at 155/170. Platinum Mike Perry comes in

So you know both sides of the story...cool

Platinum Mike Perry is so cool that the entire gym turned on Cowboy within minutes.

So yes, I know the story.

Perry gives them a bigger cut of his pay I guess, more money for them long term as Cowboy’s time is nearing its end. Kinda greasy.

When did rashad leave was that during the rampage fight ?

Is Normal to stick with the fighters with the most upside... Cowboy is on his way out... and according to the forum Platinum is on his way up.

As Max would say "It is what it is". Business is cruel and don't expect loyalty when it comes to longevity. For the most part that whole "Family" aspect is dead.

Wash and wear world really.

Platinum Mike Perry is so cool that the entire gym turned on Cowboy within minutes.

So yes, I know the story.
I think it's better for all parties involved anyway, in the Cowboy case. Cowboy has been in there for a long time, and I don't think he can learn anything new. Same way J/W can't teach him anything new. But there's a lot Perry can learn with J/W.

Plus given the width of the WW division, and the likelihood of Cowboy or Perry being title contenders in the future, they could both train there and not fight each other. Still better for Cowboy to go somewhere new, if he wants to grow anymore, but I could see him wanting to stay in familiar territory and retire in peace. In which case he could easily stay there.

Wasn't Diego a MW when GSP came in?

And Condit is a lifelong Winklejohn fighter. He was going wherever Winklejohn went.

This with GSP never happened. They actaully brought Condit.
GSP also didn't train there fulltime. He spent most of his time at Tristar, his home gym. And only used J/W as sort of consultants, which IIRC started with the 2nd Penn fight.

When did rashad leave was that during the rampage fight ?
Yes. He basically left right after jbj beat bader for the sheetle tot... Or right before crushing Shogun... Sometin like dat

Perry gives them a bigger cut of his pay I guess, more money for them long term as Cowboy’s time is nearing its end. Kinda greasy.
Nope. You should listen to what Cerrone said. His beef is with Wink. Cerrone doesnt pay Wink because he isnt his coach. Greg is letting Wink run the gym and sounds like Wink has the crack house open for bizness.

No gym would survive if loyalty was their top priority

Back