Not The Eye Poke.

joec87

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People are still talking about Jon Jones and the eye pokes. Now I think that they were accidental. But I was wondering what you guys thought of his attempt at a elbow dislocation or elbow break when he was in the clinch with glover repeatedly was that dirty?

People are still talking about Jon Jones and the eye pokes. Now I think that they were accidental. But I was wondering what you guys thought of his attempt at a elbow dislocation or elbow break when he was in the clinch with glover repeatedly was that dirty?

Winnings not everything it's the only thing!

In all seriousness that was a slick move by Jones.

It was a shoulder crank, and no, it was not the least bit dirty and the fact that anyone thinks it is is kind of mind-boggling to me.

No, the elbow/shoulder crank was not dirty. It was smart.

frankfuckinmirzn9.gif

The eye pokes may be accidental, but holding your arms out to your opponent's forehead with extended fingers like this is a douche move:

iJfFSKaaOcOx9.gif

No way a person can break an elbow from that technique

Why would attempting a legal move be dirty?

nothing accidental about how he puts his fingers out toward his opponent's eyes.

alas, there seems to not be a specific rule against it either; merely differing viewpoints about how existing rules should be interpreted.

in my perfect world a) the gloves would physically push the fingers toward a fist, so that for a fighter to extend fingers it takes actual intent, and then b) adjust the rules slightly saying that no fighters (not just Jones but all fighters) should be allowed extend fingers when hands are out toward opponents. no raking either. but that's just me. and the AC's have way more on their plate than worrying about this, so like most govt agencies, policy change will be about 10-20 years behind industry.

and nothing whatsoever wrong about the shoulder lock. how could there be?!?

If the eye pokes were truly accidental, then he would have made a conscious effort to stop doing them by the fourth or fifth fight where he employed them. Think about this. They are obviously having a desired effect as he keeps 'accidentally' employing them over and over again in his fights.

Jones has mastered the art of accidental eye pokes, making them seem like an accident to the casual viewer.

No, it was a legal move that was very smart. You're supposed to try to break bones, its MMA.

Jones has mastered the art of accidental eye pokes, making them seem like an accident to the casual viewer.

who are these "casual viewers"?

i know people who see him paw toward his opponent's face and say "hey, it's legal". i don't know anyone who doesn't see the pawing though.

and anyone who doesn't, cannot or will not correlate pawing & clawing toward your opponent's eyes and a substantially higher # of eye pokes....well, no point in talking to them. they're too remedial.

shoulder crank was a smart move and iirc glover said it took the pop out of his punches

seriously though the kid needs to close his fucking hands

yea, its almost like Jon Jones is INTENTIONALLY trying to hurt ppl. he should know better. kill'em with kindness Jon, WWJCD?

Nothing wrong with shoulder crank.

Pawing at face with open hand is a bitch move though.

No, the shoulder crank was a good move by Jones, and i think it was the first time i have seen it even tho it is there for almost everyone who clinches. Smart boy that Jon Jones.

Back