Not sure why so many...

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are pro steroid. If you allow steroids, it opens things up to any performance enhancing drug, like stimulants or pain killers. Pain killers are the best performance enhancer, just ask mark Kerr.

How to make a Jon Jones rumination thread without mentioning the guy's name

I'm pro steroid because I care more about spectacle than sportsmanship.

Also, I've been watching since the 90s, and preferred Pride during the 00s - regulating what a fighter can put unto his own body is a recent invention. This shit was built on steroids.

Also I use prescribed steroids to recover a back injury - they are seriously useful things when you're hurt... Denying a fighter the access to medicines that help recovery is highly immoral in my opinion.

I want to see the biggest, strongest versions of bad dudes do spectacular shit... I don't care much for the details... Also I know I hate seeing fighters get banned.

People care more about their entertainment than a level playing field for the participating athletes who care about their long term health. That being said, it would be good if there was a way to have certain medical exemptions from the steroid ban.

Also, I've been watching since the 90s, and preferred Pride during the 00s - regulating what a fighter can put unto his own body is a recent invention. This shit was built on steroids.

Also I use prescribed steroids to recover a back injury - they are seriously useful things when you're hurt... Denying a fighter the access to medicines that help recovery is highly immoral in my opinion.

I want to see the biggest, strongest versions of bad dudes do spectacular shit... I don't care much for the details... Also I know I hate seeing fighters get banned.
What are your thoughts on painkillers though? They make a lot of martial art techniques invalid.

UFC doesn't want blatant steroid use because it opens them up to liability. Better to hire USADA and pretend to be really against steroids--unless one of their top guys gets caught repeatedly--then they'll pull out the stops to work the same system they put in place.

Not sure why mods moved so fast. I though it was a serious UFC relevant conversation. One of the mods must love the roid boys...

UFC doesn't want blatant steroid use because it opens them up to liability. Better to hire USADA and pretend to be really against steroids--unless one of their top guys gets caught repeatedly--then they'll pull out the stops to work the same system they put in place.
My point is that the are a lot better performance enhancers than steriods, and once you allow one thing it kinda opens everything up.

You're not on them for years though are you so you don't experience the long term side effects of prolonged usage.
If your back is so bad you need steroid injections you wouldn't be fighting anyway so it's a false argument.

I can't wait to see the first meth-induced blood rage lead to a gruesome fatality in the octagon.

Let 'em bang, indeed.

You're not on them for years though are you so you don't experience the long term side effects of prolonged usage.
If your back is so bad you need steroid injections you wouldn't be fighting anyway so it's a false argument.
I don't know about that bro... I get injections to help me go back to work - same as cortisone injections and so on... Extremely bad for you long term, but bills don't pay themselves, and fighters do push themselves back too quickly using painkillers over steroids.

Just look at Shane Del Rosario; his back injury was about level with mine, and he was back on the octagon 18 months later... And 9 months after that he OD'd and died... IMO USADA's regulations killed him just as much as the morphine itself.

What are your thoughts on painkillers though? They make a lot of martial art techniques invalid.
They also allow fighters to compete and earn after suffering debilitating injuries...

What constitutes a painkiller? Aspirin? Morphine? Weed? Alcohol even? The lines are so unclear with regards to painkillers that I say let them bang.

Also, as a person that takes a lot of painkillers, I can reliably inform you that it does not make you impervious to pain. Shit still hurts... You just process it way differently... Also you're a lot slower to react, so I see it as being more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

As a person with back injuries myself, I was wondering what kind of injury and what the steroids help you with?

As a person with back injuries myself, I was wondering what kind of injury and what the steroids help you with?
Herniated discs... I lost a lot of muscle in certain parts of my back from compensating, and it made me vulnerable to more injuries.

They also allow fighters to compete and earn after suffering debilitating injuries...

What constitutes a painkiller? Aspirin? Morphine? Weed? Alcohol even? The lines are so unclear with regards to painkillers that I say let them bang.

Also, as a person that takes a lot of painkillers, I can reliably inform you that it does not make you impervious to pain. Shit still hurts... You just process it way differently... Also you're a lot slower to react, so I see it as being more of a disadvantage than an advantage.
Cocktail morphine and cocaine and they get the best of both words. Definitely a performance enhancer.

Cocktail morphine and cocaine and they get the best of both words. Definitely a performance enhancer.

I prefer a speedball OD before a big fight, myself. Feel no pain, and it's a fucking trip when I pull the guy's chest cavity open! Heart's still beating and everything! Then the ref hits me with the thorazine+narcan dart and I wake up CHAMP!

AND NEWWWWwwwwww!

Back