Not sure what forum this should be in, Whats the best Ointment to get rid of ringworm

sylva

White Belt
Reaction score
Found one of the lovely little buggers on my right leg just below the knee, whats the best ointment to get to make it go away, a wrestler here at work said athletes foot creams, but just getting a second opinion.

lamasil is good.

proactive measures work best though. im kind of a freak aobut shit like this so to make my self less of a threat for ringworm and less succeptible is by showerig before class with antifungal soap and showering after class. also, rubbing alcohol immediately after rolling before you get to a shower. i can't say these things are time tested and approved but ive been free of ring worm though others in my class have fallen victim.

They make this stuff, I think it's called Kenshield... It looks like shaving cream. You put it all over your arms and legs, face and neck, and it protects against ringworm. It costs like 12 bucks a bottle, but lasts like 6 weeks or more. After you get rid of your ringworm, try kenshield to keep from getting it again.

Hammer_Fist said:
They make this stuff, I think it's called Kenshield... It looks like shaving cream. You put it all over your arms and legs, face and neck, and it protects against ringworm. It costs like 12 bucks a bottle, but lasts like 6 weeks or more. After you get rid of your ringworm, try kenshield to keep from getting it again.

We used that stuff in HS for wrestling, it's pretty effective. To answer the original question, I've found Lamisil works the best out of the OTC anti-fungals for getting rid of ringworm.

Guns!! :p Just joking...Laminsil and washing with an anti-bacterial.

regan said:
iodine dries out the area well.

Does it actually kill it or just dry it out? I've always been told that ringworm feeds on dead skin cells, so it feeds on dry, flaky skin. You'd just be making it worse. You always want to moisturize the area. This also why people with chronically dry skin are more susceptible to ringworm than people with moisturized, healthy skin.

The Sickness said:
Clorox bleach...

I've done this before and it works like a charm.
Ringworm is fuckign gross ass shit. You have to constantly worry about changing your sheets watch you don't spread it to other parts of yourself, it sucks real bad. If you don't want to wait a few weeks to get rid of that crap and don't mind a little pain you can get rid of it in under 5 minutes using the bleach method. Just take a capfull of bleach and take a q-tip and apply directly onto the entire area of the ringworm. Make sure you make a few applications. It will begin to burn like hell. That's ok the tingling is telling you it's working. make sure you've fully removed the ringworm from your skin. It should take a couple of minutes with constant rubbing in a circular motion. After it's fully fubar and you feel like you've removed enough flesh. Wash the area with soap and water and and you're good to go. It'll scab up like you scraped your knee. And the good news is the ringworm is gone in under 5 minutes.

anthony27 said:
I've done this before and it works like a charm.
Ringworm is fuckign gross ass shit. You have to constantly worry about changing your sheets watch you don't spread it to other parts of yourself, it sucks real bad. If you don't want to wait a few weeks to get rid of that crap and don't mind a little pain you can get rid of it in under 5 minutes using the bleach method. Just take a capfull of bleach and take a q-tip and apply directly onto the entire area of the ringworm. Make sure you make a few applications. It will begin to burn like hell. That's ok the tingling is telling you it's working. make sure you've fully removed the ringworm from your skin. It should take a couple of minutes with constant rubbing in a circular motion. After it's fully fubar and you feel like you've removed enough flesh. Wash the area with soap and water and and you're good to go. It'll scab up like you scraped your knee. And the good news is the ringworm is gone in under 5 minutes.

When i rub the area with bleach, will i physically be able to take a worm from under the skin or will the are a just kind of "dislove" and i need to keep doing it till i feel that it is gone?

sylva said:
When i rub the area with bleach, will i physically be able to take a worm from under the skin or will the are a just kind of "dislove" and i need to keep doing it till i feel that it is gone?

The "worm" is actually a fungus, so there is no actual worm.

This bitch came into our dojo and had a big patch of ringworm below his chin and on his arm, I found out AFTER our BJJ session, I went home and washed myself quick. Next time I roll with him I'm going to be nice and give him lots of "submission" love if you know what I mean.

satchmo said:
The "worm" is actually a fungus, so there is no actual worm.
Ok, thank you for setting me straight. So just rub it till the area is completely gone it take it. Im going to be doing this asap.

Back