Not sure about Nate but I'm 100% sure Nick would beat Mcgregor

Nate is the fat dumb brother everyone has to pay extra special attention to.

Yeah they have to get extremely creative in their match making with Conor. Hence so many late notice opponents already, and weight jumping to avoid full camp Frankie. I mean fuck, how many late notice opponents has he gotten already? Like half his UFC fights to date?

Is it Conor's fault that literally half of his opponents have pulled out of the fight?

And now going UP to challenge RDA, who is a beast and has run through LW murderers row which was pretty much the hardest possible fight for Conor is ducking "full camp Frankie" (who is injured)....

And then he stood up and knocked Daley silly. Dude was fallin all over the place and couldn't even properly sit on a fucking stool after fighting nick diaz, lol

That fight was one of the best 1 round fights ever. I literally jumped out of my seat and was losing my shit during that fight.

Right up there with Hughes vs Trigg and Arlovski vs Browne. Fuck feeling out processes, just kill or be killed.

What's next, Jones would hellbow McGregor to death 10/10 times?

I'm just gonna leave this here

what was it Andesrson Silva once said about Aldo ?

Around 3mins 20 second Joe Rogan quote

i'll leave this here

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

Back pedaling counter punch KO.... that is serious high level knockout artistry reminiscent of Ali.

NIck almost got knocked out cold by Gomi and he was pretty much peaking at that time. Though Gomi is an incredible striker, Conor is on a different level. I would favor Conor by KO.
you talking about 2007? a fight nick won? you ppl are crazy

There's tons of guys at 170 that would wreck Conor.

Is it Conor's fault that literally half of his opponents have pulled out of the fight?

And now going UP to challenge RDA, who is a beast and has run through LW murderers row which was pretty much the hardest possible fight for Conor is ducking "full camp Frankie" (who is injured)....

No it's not Conor's fault at all. Why do people keep thinking I'm saying it's his fault? It isn't. I said THEY have to get creative with his matchmaking, meaning Zuffa. And they do. And they CLEARLY have.

Frankie's injured now, yes I know. But he won't be indefinitely injured. And mark my words, Conor was NEVER gonna be matched up with him. Ever. Does anybody honestly see Conor winning that fight? But they won't have to worry about him as long as he stays at 145 and Conor doesn't go back there. I think if he does go back it'll be for Aldo only. But he may just vacate the belt entirely.

That fight was one of the best 1 round fights ever. I literally jumped out of my seat and was losing my shit during that fight.

Right up there with Hughes vs Trigg and Arlovski vs Browne. Fuck feeling out processes, just kill or be killed.

Agree completely. I did the same thing. Even Dana did the same thing, lol. And I loved that Dana gave Nick so much props for it, even though he was still a SF guy. Dana almost never did that for another promotion's fighter, not even Fedor.

No it's not Conor's fault at all. Why do people keep thinking I'm saying it's his fault? It isn't. I said THEY have to get creative with his matchmaking, meaning Zuffa. And they do. And they CLEARLY have.

Frankie's injured now, yes I know. But he won't be indefinitely injured. And mark my words, Conor was NEVER gonna be matched up with him. Ever. Does anybody honestly see Conor winning that fight? But they won't have to worry about him as long as he stays at 145 and Conor doesn't go back there. I think if he does go back it'll be for Aldo only. But he may just vacate the belt entirely.

Agree completely. I did the same thing. Even Dana did the same thing, lol. And I loved that Dana gave Nick so much props for it, even though he was still a SF guy. Dana almost never did that for another promotion's fighter, not even Fedor.

Well I sure fucking HOPE that we see the Frankie vs Conor fight.

Big fan of Frankie, becoming a pretty big Conor fan and I think Frankie is a very tough test for Conor. I would favor Conor in that fight, I think he catches Frankie's chin eventually, they do start each round on the feet and Conor is WAY bigger and was able to get up vs Mendes.

Frankie has been dropped quite a few times, if Maynard was able to connect with his chin over and over again I think Conor can put him away. Frankie is a better fighter now than ever in my opinion, so it would be very interesting to see if Frankie's defense has improved enough to avoid Conor's left hand and if Conor's ground game has improved enough to keep him off of his back to strike with Frankie. If Conor keeps it standing I am pretty confident he gets the KO.

yeah nick beats conor. conor has the advantage over nate. but anything can happen

Well I sure fucking HOPE that we see the Frankie vs Conor fight.

Big fan of Frankie, becoming a pretty big Conor fan and I think Frankie is a very tough test for Conor. I would favor Conor in that fight, I think he catches Frankie's chin eventually, they do start each round on the feet and Conor is WAY bigger and was able to get up vs Mendes.

Frankie has been dropped quite a few times, if Maynard was able to connect with his chin over and over again I think Conor can put him away. Frankie is a better fighter now than ever in my opinion, so it would be very interesting to see if Frankie's defense has improved enough to avoid Conor's left hand and if Conor's ground game has improved enough to keep him off of his back to strike with Frankie. If Conor keeps it standing I am pretty confident he gets the KO.

I agree I wanna see it, and agree that Frankie is probably now the best he's ever been. But Frankie's been in there with some all time greats at 155 and lost there only once or twice. So I don't think Conor's size advantage would be anything Frankie hasn't already dealt with, and dealt with very well. Good point about Maynard being able to catch Frankie. That does make me think surely Conor would find his chin. I guess I could see Conor ko'ing him. But if Frankie did get him down, and I think he certainly would, he'd be stuck there imo. A near prime BJ Penn got stuck there for awhile against Frankie. Conor wouldn't muscle his way up against a guy like Frankie, I don't think.

That fight would also be interesting from a "movement vs movement" perspective. Conor's always talking about movement (and I dig that too) and Frankie is the damn energizer bunny hopping around in there. Would be interesting to see how Conor adjusted his movements to fit against Frankie's.

I still don't think they'll make the fight, though. At least not until after Conor's lost a few times. Too much risk at this point with too little upside for Zuffa. If Frankie wins, they really don't gain much at all. Frankie's awesome with the hardcore fans, but never caught on at all with the casuals and doesn't really "move the needle" ya know?

This is true! Nate has wins over four LWs ranked higher then any WW Nick has beat. Nick gets all the hype because he is older and went on a streak outside the UFC beating unranked fighters and avoiding wrestlers. If Nick stayed in the UFC and fought guys like Fitch, Alves (before all the injury's), Hughes, Kos etc... instead of leaving and beating bums (and Daley i guess), then he wouldn't have half the hype he does. The difference between Nick and Nate is Nick was protected from wrestlers for years.

Its not a coincidence Nick was only OK in the UFC at first, left and became "great" and GSPs "toughest matchup", then came back and went 1-3 in the UFC

I'm not even a Diaz Bros fan, i tend to really dislike them. But I always thought Nate was one of those guys if he had a great game plan and stuck to it, as opposed to going for slugfests and whatnot, he could be a champ. The guy is much much slicker on the ground than Nick and has a more completely stand up and wrestling game (I think in SF and the UFC Nick is like 4-130 in takedowns)

I agree I wanna see it, and agree that Frankie is probably now the best he's ever been. But Frankie's been in there with some all time greats at 155 and lost there only once or twice. So I don't think Conor's size advantage would be anything Frankie hasn't already dealt with, and dealt with very well. Good point about Maynard being able to catch Frankie. That does make me think surely Conor would find his chin. I guess I could see Conor ko'ing him. But if Frankie did get him down, and I think he certainly would, he'd be stuck there imo. A near prime BJ Penn got stuck there for awhile against Frankie. Conor wouldn't muscle his way up against a guy like Frankie, I don't think.

That fight would also be interesting from a "movement vs movement" perspective. Conor's always talking about movement (and I dig that too) and Frankie is the damn energizer bunny hopping around in there. Would be interesting to see how Conor adjusted his movements to fit against Frankie's.

I still don't think they'll make the fight, though. At least not until after Conor's lost a few times. Too much risk at this point with too little upside for Zuffa. If Frankie wins, they really don't gain much at all. Frankie's awesome with the hardcore fans, but never caught on at all with the casuals and doesn't really "move the needle" ya know?

I have a feeling we'll see Frankie vs Aldo first. Conor will face Nate, if he wins he'll face RDA at UFC 200 and that leaves Frankie sitting on his ass for 10 months.

Granted Frankie vs Aldo 2 should be a pretty good fight again and it'll be a good gauge of Frankie, see if he's ironed out some wrinkles.

Back