Not squatting

All the biking would be active recovery to /recover/ your lets faster.

Stop making excuses and man-up.

Well yes, BUT I live in Japan ie no Protein and lots of hills. I Bike at least 15 miles a day, which gives my legs zero rest days. That is on top of a protein difficancy. I've tried keeping my routine here, but the lack of food is destroying me. My bench is down a good 20%, as is my deadlift.

I don't like the feeling of being sore for over a week. I think it may be pretty bad for me. Plus Japan has no real vitamins, or Amino Acids. So I also tend to cramp a lot.

I would love to man up, but I would easily be sore for a month. :icon_cry2

you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

You suck at teh Japan.

Pay attention to which days of the week food is cheap. Hirakata is a student town, so if you have a bike, ride away from the station and keep your eyes peeled for a grocery store. The one in the basement near the station is a bit pricey but it does have sales, you just need to pay attention to when they are.

You should be paying about 68yen per 100g of chicken breast, tops. I usually manage to find chicken breasts for 48yen/100g, so any price inbetween would leave you paying about 160yen for a decent sized serving.

Tuna in water. Look for the Top Value brand. It is a nationally sold brand available in many grocery stores. You can usually buy 4 cans (with 16g of protein per can) for 300-400yen. So again, you'd be looking at about 150-200yen for a serving (30g) of protein.

Milk is cheap, you can by low-fat for cheaper than the 3.8% full fat milk. I usually buy 1% for about 100yen per jug.

Protein supplements: buy them from bodybuilding.com They have decent prices and don't fuck around with shipping. Other places might be cheaper, but bb.com you just pay with a credit card and they ship it, other websites gave me hassles, so fuck em. When you consider that the quality of whey protein in Japan is questionable and have many fillers (bulking and cutting carbs?), and expensive, the cost is actually cheaper to buy a 5kg bag of ON Whey from bb.com than to buy the same amount from a no-name j-brand.

Veggies: you can buy a bag of frozen mixed veggies for 200-300yen, tops. Half a bag is enough for one meal. So for 200yen for chicken, plus 150yen for veggies you have a decent healthy meal. Right now is an in-between season so not much is cheap. Come summer though produce should be cheaper.

Brown rice: buy a big ass bag from Don Quioxte and you'll be set.

Oh, you might know this already but do you meat shopping at night when the meat is often discounted anywhere from 10-50% off.

Eggs: cheap.

I spend more money on groceries than most people, but if I cook most of my meals then it breaks about even compared to eating out all the time. But I eat about 4 times more protein than the average person.

If you dont listen to this guys advice then, your really are dumb...really.

The sensation of overtraining can be corrected only by diet, so get to it man, if you dont then alot of people have given you advice for nothing.

Thank you to all who told me to man up. I needed it. No one here will tell me that, so I needed this.

I did a 5x5 of overhead squats today. It was awful, but it was worth it. Thanks to all.

I also got some PB from my Mom, and so now I have another source of protein.

Oh and Ojiyapoi, Tuna is only cheap now and again. It's 200 Yen+ rigth now. But yeah Chicken is usually ok priced.

That's why I buy like 5000yen worth at a time, it's not like it's going to go off.

Oh, and I learned that the frozen veggies are made in China. CHINA!! So be careful of pesticides in there. The Jolly Green Giant brand were good though, and I think they were from the Phillipeans.

Send me the PB your Ma sent you, should would have wanted it that way. You got natty PB right?

That's why I buy like 5000yen worth at a time, it's not like it's going to go off.

Oh, and I learned that the frozen veggies are made in China. CHINA!! So be careful of pesticides in there. The Jolly Green Giant brand were good though, and I think they were from the Phillipeans.

Send me the PB your Ma sent you, should would have wanted it that way. You got natty PB right?

Haha, yeah I gotta catch the next sale. $50 bucks worth:icon_chee

Dude so much food here is questionable. I've heard a lot of bad things abut the whet powder. CC Lemon has 0 Lemons worth of vitC, and everything from China is toxic waste. I checked out some beef at Top World and Peacock, that crap was like 800-1000 Yen for 400grams.

Dude I got a big jar of Jiffy, and a jar of Crazy Ricahrds Natural PB. And no you can't have it. Just because you sleep with my Mom, doesn't mean we're friends.

Where do you workout? Konami Sports club or any crap like that?

What is the conversion rate of yen to American dollars? $1=? yen?

Wow, I'm assuming everything is a shitload more expensive there.

Not really. The numbers are just wacky compared to what we're used to.

I lived there for two years. Food was a little more, but I found fresh fruit and veggies to be less with a bigger variety. Gas was a lot cheaper too.

Eat lots of fish. Is fish cheap there?

And I'm in the opposite conundrum. I squat with high weight and low volume. Now that spring has come, I've started biking again. The squatting is okay but anytime I hit a long, gentle incline I want to cry.

You can eat oyakodon with extra eggs. Chicken, eggs, rice, I think it's fair amount of proteins, and the price really is ridiculous. Everytime I go to Tokyo I just eat tons of those.

I would have figured that riding a bike would assist you in recovering from your squatting...

There is no substitute for squatting, do them or you'll get teh cancer like Lance.

I would have figured that riding a bike would assist you in recovering from your squatting...

There is no substitute for squatting, do them or you'll get teh cancer like Lance.

That's the exact answer i was looking for.

I did overhead squats yesterday. Riding home, felt like I was crippled:icon_chee My vag also hurt.

I don't understand how it would help recovery? As it's not like I'm coasting around. I am afterall going as fast as some motorized vehicles. Does simply changing the bloodflow add to the recovery?

To everyone, most stuff is about the same. Except for meat, that crap is expensive.
Fish in the US is cheap. I think it's a bit more here. I'll check out a grocery store tonight.

Fish in the US is cheap.
Yeah, but fish in the US sucks. Almost every restaurant in Japan serves up fantastic fish dishes. Great service, home cooked meals, no tipping. It doesn't get any better than that.

It is all about priorities. Stop complaining and spend some money on some decent food. You can always save in other ways. Like next time you have a date, tell her to eat beforehand because you won't be buying her a meal. Also, tell her to bring some money for the train, because after you are finished at your apartment, she's going to need to find her own way home.

Squating is how my doctor monitors my depression:

Dr: "you still squating"

Me: "too much"

Dr: "you're doing fine"

Back