not shocking diva brothers

I don't know what to think. Two of my favorite fighters. At one point I was of the mind that they had paid their dues and could either retire proud of the great wars they had been in or hold out for solid paydays given they are actually draws.

Now its verging on the bizarre though. As near as I can tell neither of them has a real job. Nick has become an instagram whore using his rep to do promotional gigs at bars and Nate, I have no clue what he does with his time.

If you have enough money to retire then come out and publically retire rather than leave us loyal fans in limbo. They don't seem to realize that their current lifestyle was built on us loyal hardcore fans that watched them for over a decade.

There is nothing wrong with either of them never fighting again if they choose. But if they are done fighting, then get off the internet, stop talking shit to fighters that are active and go do something else with your life.
Well said sir....

they have you see those conor check he cashed.

with out conor nate is a 17-13 fighter who wasnt good enought to have his title shot main event a ppv.

nick diva can fight on the contract he was happy signed or stay retired.

Ya that’s still cool, I agree with everything you said.

I’m just telling you why I think the Diaz brothers don’t seem to want to fight anymore

Ya that’s still cool, I agree with everything you said.

I’m just telling you why I think the Diaz brothers don’t seem to want to fight anymore

it cause being in cal they were able to invest in weed early and cash in big time.

https://www.mmanews.com/dana-white-on-nick-and-nate-diaz-they-dont-want-to-fight/

“They don’t want to fight. Neither one of the Diaz brothers want to fight,” White revealed when appearing on ESPN’s Instagram account. “It’s up to them. I always say in this business, if you don’t want to fight, you shouldn’t fight. If you even consider retiring, you shouldn’t fight. If you don’t wake up everyday and you’re not fired up to get in there and fight, don’t do it.

“So no, if the Diaz brothers were fired up and they wanted to get out there and whatever, absolutely, I’d be excited about it, too, but if they’re not excited they absolutely shouldn’t [fight].”

-

The below is something from the article that I bring up a lot when people say "they did not turn down any fights"

The UFC will obviously continue to offer them opportunities because the standard contract with a promotion extends each time a fighter turns down a fight.
When the Diaz brothers say they never turn down fights, I think they actually believe it. It seems like, in their minds, they are turning down the money not the fight. In other words, they're not refusing to fight; they're just refusing to fight for the money the UFC is willing to give them.

Ultimately, it's just semantics because the result is the same. The reality is that the Diaz brothers overestimate their own value by a large margin. They clearly think they are major stars, so they only want money fights. On the contrary, they actually just have cult followings, and the majority of people couldn't care less. Most casuals are only slightly familiar with them, and even many of the hardcores have become indifferent about them.

Last edited:
When the Diaz brothers say they never turn down fights, I think they actually believe it. It seems like, in their minds, they are turning down the money not the fight. In other words, they're not refusing to fight; they're just refusing to fight for the money the UFC is willing to give them.

I would bet you are right

Back