Not one pro is picking Conor in the rematch...

But there's also watching the first fight and knowing that Diaz will be better prepared for the rematch.

That goes a long way, too.
For sure, there's a lot of reason to believe Diaz will win again. But every fighter picking him? Seems like there's a little emotion shaping people's opinions. Say what you will about Conor, but he's a sick fighter, and has a real chance at evening the score in the rematch. Surely, some fighters understand that. But none are saying it.

Bisping and Condit think Conor wins the rematch. The guys on this video pick Nate. We will find out in three weeks who is right.

Interesting thing about Condit he picked Woodley to win against Lawlor. Hes got 1 out of 2 picks right so far.
Mind you he's fought both Lawler and Woodley, so he's got a little more insight for that fight. Definitely interesting though. Condit is a smart guy. It's not surprising at all that he'd be good at picks.

the only chance for him is decision
the only way a Diaz can lose

pro fighters are no better at picking winners than sherdoggers.

and to sherdoggers, all fighters are only as good as their last fight. if they won their last one they are goat, if they lost they were overated

this is how it is. learn to embrace it
100% agree, some fighters pick out something fans miss, but they are wrong just as much as we are. Look at all the upsets this year.

I'm 203-0 in streetfights and played high school JV basketball (A-level athlete). Read it and weep.

Oh and I'm not a manlet. So Canor literally has zero chance.

500.......500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

qnagoZQ.gif

For sure, there's a lot of reason to believe Diaz will win again. But every fighter picking him? Seems like there's a little emotion shaping people's opinions. Say what you will about Conor, but he's a sick fighter, and has a real chance at evening the score in the rematch. Surely, some fighters understand that. But none are saying it.

Of course there's a chance. But when you get rocked and choked out, there's less of a feeling of flukeyness... We got to see all of their skills matched up--when Diaz wasn't even at his best--and Diaz won convincingly.

Any rational assessment would tell you that Nate's chances are even better this time around. Conor could pull off the upset of course, but there's no reason to believe that he'll be better than he was in the first fight, whereas there are tons of reasons to think that Nate will.

Condit picked Conor and Woodley...

He's only half right.

Didn't know that. That's interesting. He did fight both of those guys and probably had his reasons to see it go as it did. Did he mention why he believes Conor takes the rematch?

Last edited:
Hardly anyone picked him vs. Aldo too.

All that needs to be said, really.

the rematch will be interesting, as both fighters will come sharper

if Conor is able to land a few hard shots in the first round, he has his chances
if the fight goes to 3rd round, Nate win 100%

I'm 203-0 in streetfights and played high school JV basketball (A-level athlete). Read it and weep.

Oh and I'm not a manlet. So Canor literally has zero chance.
If you area 200lbs+ human, I would take you in a streetfight. No rules and all.

Did you not watch the first fight?

By what logic would anyone pick Conor?

Only fluffers will be picking Conor and living in fantasy.

I'd take this kind of bluster seriously if you posted a large wager on Nate.

Look at this video. I've noticed this seems to be the opinion with fighters everywhere whenever someone asks their opinion. Is this what they actually believe or are they just hating on Conor now that he lost? I have a fond memory of an overwhelming majority of fighters picking Conor in the first fight.

And they say us fans are fickle...

[yt]

No reason to believe the fight will be any different than the first. Diaz actually has time to train this time as well.

Nate is simply a bad matchup for Conor. He's big, has solid boxing, very good BJJ, an iron chin, and most importantly doesn't give a fuck about Conor's trash talk. That said Conor still has a chance, this is MMA after all, expect the unexpected.

Fighters, like most people, generally suck at predicting fights.

An argument can be made that having time to train for Nate specifically could impact the outcome in Conor's favor.

It's a stretch to try to make a logical case for Conor as favorite though. Nate rolled of the fuckin' couch.

Yet Conor will still be the favourite on betting odds I bet XD

Back