1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Not One of the Current UFC champions can Draw on their own !

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dessyboy, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

To work your way up the division and to beat the champion the fighter must demonstrate a degree of competence. Yes/No?

If you believe hes winning because of heavy hands, then so be it. He has heavy hands, and he knows how to use them. The ability to effectively use them is a skill set in itself. Conor Mcgregor worked his way up the division to defeat the long reigning champion with his impressive skill set.

The other point you made I don't see any logic behind it at all. if the fighter is 20 pounds over weight and he manages to make 145, what's the problem? The weight class is 145 and he made the regulated weight.

He may or may not lose his next three fights, but it doesn't mean he isn't skilled because of it.

But enjoy...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. DaleBoca Gold Belt

Okay fellas. Past 2am. I am off. I'll try to reply to you guys tomorrow. Take it easy.

3. HaterSlayer Black Belt

With Conor you will get an interesting fight either way and Chael had no problems selling fights after losing even while being a more boring fighter than Conor.

4. kimchi dog taco Banned Banned

what you're saying is just not true.

Anderson was never a draw. he needed Chael to come talk shit to pull serious buys

Chuck wasn't a draw until his second fight with Tito (and that was after two fights with Couture, which were not huge PPV draws) but what people don't like to admit was that Tito was the way bigger draw because he had the biggest MMA fight (at the time) against Ken Shamrock on Spike TV because Ken Shamrock got really famous doing WWF.

so shut up!! fighters need a foil to draw really big. even Brock Lesnar and GSP were not a million guaranteed buys when they fought lesser known guys

5. Fincher7 Brown Belt

[​IMG]

6. Based Akali Purple Belt

Easily, it's all in the marketing which Conor is doing wonderfully. You see even if he loses his next fight, it does nothing to his legacy, his legacy was built at 145, the UFC and Conor will just market and shrug the losses off as "he tried to move to WW and it was just too much, nothing to be ashamed". The casual fans, the fans which make up the majority of the buys, will eat it right up and his legacy won't be harmed in any big way.

Though we all know Conor and Nate are just two LWs fighting at WW, the casuals don't though and it's their perception that matters the most.

7. CostumedExtrmst Banned Banned

Conor did jack shit except what the UFC told him to. So damn tired of groupies trying to claim every new fighter they get obsessed with is a damned genius. Conor is a basic moron, who was in the right place at the right time. Plenty of basic intellect people are rich, and Conor is definitely one of them.

8. MonkeyGirl Awesomeness Belt

So impressive he is still to defend that belt. Like all the other big names did. Who the fuck won a bet, never defended it and call himself GOAT lol ?

9. MonkeyGirl Awesomeness Belt

Hahahahaha sooooooo mean

[​IMG]

10. MonkeyGirl Awesomeness Belt

Is she pregnant? Her next career is to be a mom?

11. CostumedExtrmst Banned Banned

Soooooooo, are we suggesting these people throw fights and lose, so a more 'marketable' fighter can be champion? What is the point of this thread exactly?

12. Based Akali Purple Belt

Saying someone is doing their part in a basic marketing scheme equates to being a genius these days? Man you got some low standards for intellect.

13. Sirwastealot Silver Belt

Now don't do that. If you keep taking all the draws out of the equation of course you'll be left with no draws.

I think Bisping is a bit of a draw at this point. DC and cruz are also well known although they need good match ups to be draws.

Conor is definitely head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else right now.

14. CostumedExtrmst Banned Banned

I'm saying Conor is an idiot and so are most of his fans. Hoi polloi.

15. Based Akali Purple Belt

So now saying someone is doing a good job with something equates to being a fan? You seem to just draw conclusions out of thin air, are you sure it's Conor and his fans that are the idiots here?

16. Clippy I'M HUNGRY!!!

He doesn't defend his belt he might as well not be champion ...

I can see why it's easy to forget "he is"

17. Kuggoz Orange Belt

You´re talking like the situation was better before last night, Lawler didn´t draw shit either.

18. Seismic Purple Belt

LOL. Bet you tune in for his fights.

19. CassiusJacare Blue Belt

I would say his stand-up is lacking in key areas also. I mean his boxing, movement, pressure and overall ability to dictate the fight is fantastic.

However, lack of clinch (evident vs. Diaz) and kicks is an issue. I am still yet to see Conor through a leg kick. All he does is capoeira kicks which are for distance control and a few teep kicks to the body.

Anyways, he is great at what he does, and it has made him a fantastic fighter and a champion. Just my opinion.

Edit: I still think a guy like Cowboy is a terrible match-up for him because of his good MT. Unless of course Conor cracks his chin with his redonkulous power.

20. ThePunisher Forum vigilante

I guess she said those rumors aren't true, who knows.