Not official : Doctors say Holloway may have experienced a mini stroke

I don't think I've ever heard about a sportsman recovering his SPORTS career after a stroke...correct me if I'm wrong pls
Ken during the Fujita fight... Heart attack symptoms.

Just to put in some context. Holloway is reported to weight around 180lbs about a week before fight-night. Meaning he's doing a 180-145 weight cut. That's 35lbs, which is 19.5% cut. A weight drop of 8-9% due to dehydration is considered "severe" and is correlated with such wonderful 'side-effects' as cyanosis, delayed capillary refill, hypotension, and coma.

I would assume it's ENTIRELY plausible that a weight cut if nearly 1/5th of your own body weight could cause, if only indirectly, having a stroke.

The fix to shit like this is simple, make it so weight-ins can be no more than 6 hours prior to the start of the fight. No time to re-hydrate = no severe weight cutting.
Holloway does not weigh 180 a week before fighting at 145. I can guarantee that. Just because he was out of shape and not dieting for a short notice fight he took at 155, does not mean he cuts 35lbs the week of the fight to make 145. There is no way he would have enough time to make it snd still fight as well as he does without getting tired.

Weight cuts are a long process that start at the beginning of your camp with dieting and training. You lose weight throughout your camp and then the week of the weigh in, you cut your carbs and sodium and do a lot of running until weigh in day when you hit the sauna. You may have read that somewhere but I can tell you first hand that there’s no way he would ever make 145 and fight the way he does if he weighed 180 the week of the fight.

I don't think I've ever heard about a sportsman recovering his SPORTS career after a stroke...correct me if I'm wrong pls

Mini strokes aren't near as severe. I've actually had one and I have not had any symptoms/problems since that day.

Ken during the Fujita fight... Heart attack symptoms.

Yes, heart attack symptoms, but not a stroke.
Actually, if I recall correctly, he mentioned that it was probably a result of an out-of-the-cage stress. Not sure if there was any diagnosis whatsoever.

Mini strokes aren't near as severe. I've actually had one and I have not had any symptoms/problems since that day.

What caused the stroke? And are you a sportsman now?

I dont think you would be licensed after a mini stroke.. at least not in my country Sweden ("fight" sports) I think. I think its hard.. might have to go outside the US if he wants to fight then. Pure speculation though..

Hope its just BS though.

I’ve never been a huge Max fan, but I realised when hearing about his potential early retirement how much of a fuckin tragedy it would be for him and for the fans. One of the best fighters I’ve ever seen. No one does what he did to Aldo
I dislike many fighters, some of them rather strongly, but I never wished for any of them to not be able to compete due to health problems.

Do you have any other words in your vocabulary? I mean, the word is long and impressive, but still...

What's up? Lonely? Cheeto prices skyrocket? Need to talk about some deep shit? PM me man, and lets your feels flow. Just promise that you won't talk about medical science again (I hate seeing you get hurt).

Hope thats not true. If theres one thing I know for sure is that MAX wouldn't pull out of any fight if it wasn't serious or within his control.

Hes still very young @ 27...He's got a lot of years ahead of him.

What's up? Lonely? Cheeto prices skyrocket? Need to talk about some deep shit? PM me man, and lets your feels flow. Just promise that you won't talk about medical science again (I hate seeing you get hurt).

You have absolute ZERO knowledge in medical science and you're unrelated to it in any possible way.
I embarrassed you and shoved the truth straight into your stupid face, and now you're desperately trying to save it.

You did better with gifs.
Wanna start putting funny gifs again?

He must have really bad discipline when it comes to his diet. People say he needs to move up, but he'll be at a size disadvantage with his toothpick like body. He must have been really heavy to not be able to make weight against khabib too. Even on short notice, 10 extra lbs makes a huge difference

I don't think so...people recover from strokes all the time...and I'm talking bad ones...his, if anything was minor and brought on by his weight cut...cause normal men his age simply do not have strokes...not men in his physical shape...he will need time to recover, but he will...I don't know if we will see him back at 145 though...that is doubtful.

You are right people recover to normal health status but there is a world of difference to recovering and being a world class competitive athlete again. Like @AimedWithV wrote this is doubtful. But if possible hell yeah he should go for it if thats his goal.

Back