Not impressed

Pillow fists, wall and stall, lay n pray. Yea yea I'm not a real MMA fan. 3/5 divisions have this champ now.

These are heavyweights. jDS left his hands down and let a 240 lb man hit him in the face because he knew Cain was just looking for position control. How many clean shots to the face does Cain need to get a Tko?

Flame away.

Yep.

I know you're not trying to compare Cain to GSP because that wouldn't make sense. GSP is one of the greatest fighters of all time Cain just got his belt back 10 minutes ago.

Tonight we learned two things the middle weight division isn't as stacked as people think it is and top tier HW's have the cardio of bottom tier MW's.

Not to compare careers, but fighting style relative to weight division I think it is apt. Not a stopper, lacks power, but makes up for it with wrestling, pace, and endurance.

Pillow fists, wall and stall, lay n pray. Yea yea I'm not a real MMA fan. 3/5 divisions have this champ now.

These are heavyweights. jDS left his hands down and let a 240 lb man hit him in the face because he knew Cain was just looking for position control. How many clean shots to the face does Cain need to get a Tko?

Flame away.

I agree with you.

JDS needs to work on getting his left up. Anybody with a brain knew he could get hit with an overhand right, and I don't know why his corner didn't give him better instructions.

Is he a blackbelt in JJ? If so, why not get Cain in the guard and attempt submissions or at least buy time.

And Cain only proved that he can take guys down and apply continuous pressure. He didn't measure his punches when he had JDS in trouble and didn't attempt any submissions(that one you are thinking about was because JDS gave him a gift)

once you get out of the 1st or 2nd round, it's pretty hard to finish.

Cain's cardio is great but he's a hw and he can only do so much without getting tired. Cain is normally a great finisher, JDS is just a tough son of a gun
Based on what? Edgar finished Maynard in the fourth. Bones finished Rampage in the fourth. Anderson finished Sonnen in the fifth. GSP finished Penn in the fourth. Plenty of fights have been finished in the championship rounds. The real FOTY between Zombie and Poirier is another example of this.

Those were some heavy pillows that dropped and almost knocked JDS out in round 1....

Cain was gassed after the 2nd or mid 3rd. When he was still hot, he nearly KO'd JDS, something that many guys couldnt do that LANDED.

Guys like Frank mir/Carwin landed maybe one punch only- so im not talking about them, but the rest of the guys JDS faced landed cleanly on the chin.

Flame away.

There are 7 divisions.

Flame away.

Anybody catch this statement.

Fd111.gif

"Cardio" Cain looked horrible towards the end of the fight. I really wish they would've shut up about his cardio. His persistence is what gets him takedowns, because his technique looked horrible. He couldn't take a beaten JDS down at will after the 2nd round.

I was not impressed with either of them.
JDS gassed way too fast and Cain's takedowns looked horrible. He did put up and impressive pace though, put he should have been able to get a finish.
JDS got an impressive chin though..

Flame away.

Cain usually finishes fights. Junior is tough, that's all.

Look at what Cain did to Nog, Brock, and Bigfoot. No doubt he could do the same to Mir.
If he can survive the first 5 minutes, he can put Reem away too.

Flame away.

JDS tried to do what Overeem does but JDS doesnt have the skill to do it. JDS has always had terrible defense.

I agree that Cain should have been able to KTFO JDS though.

I agree with you.

JDS needs to work on getting his left up. Anybody with a brain knew he could get hit with an overhand right, and I don't know why his corner didn't give him better instructions.

Is he a blackbelt in JJ? If so, why not get Cain in the guard and attempt submissions or at least buy time.

And Cain only proved that he can take guys down and apply continuous pressure. He didn't measure his punches when he had JDS in trouble and didn't attempt any submissions(that one you are thinking about was because JDS gave him a gift)

The BJJ level of JDS is only on paper and not battle tested in fights. JDS has terrible ground game and I have been saying this for years.

Cain has 2 decision wins, both of which he absolutely beat the hell out of his opponents.

And still this.

Ask Antonio Silva how those pillow fists felt. Maybe Junior's just a really good fighter who's hard to finish.

Back