Not impressed with Israel..

israel didnt use his reach as he should, to be honest. kelvin has long arms but still, israel kept it close for no reason. if he does this x whittaker/romero/costa he can be in trouble.

Reach advantage doesn’t mean he’ll keep it at a distance. Watch Kelvin’s footwork and head movement. He used it to close and control distance.

He's just a hater. Then blames the reach not the skill. I wonder which of his fighter he's afraid Izzy will take out.

yeah what joke he couldnt finish kelvin whos a blown up 170 a wrestler with a overhand right kelvin is a tough dude but still lol so much for "elite striker" barely winning this fight

he will lose his next fight some guys just slip through the cracks at times due to weird stylistic match up like how bisping was champ and eddie alvarez

jacare would beta him luke rockhold could chris weidman could hell tons of 170s could even come up he doesnt have good grappling at all and he will be out wrestled

I’m sure people think this because they don’t think Gastelum is a legit MW.

Looked spectacular on the feet. On the ground he looked like a fish out of water.
Wouldnt say that, he got taken down and got back up in seconds.....the second time he got taken down he locked in a triangle on Kelvin, I think he answered that his ground game is not meh

That last rnd changed my mind about Israel, not only is he highly skilled, hes tough and posses the heart of a champion. He out toughed Kelvin

israel didnt use his reach as he should, to be honest. kelvin has long arms but still, israel kept it close for no reason. if he does this x whittaker/romero/costa he can be in trouble.

It wasn't "for no reason", it was to counter Kelvin's momentum off hooks. He probably could have played it safe at range and then people would sit here and complain that he's a boring point fighter. Instead, he stayed in the pocket to maximize his power and it paid off.

Why do people constantly talk like this. Kelvin Gastelum is no joke and can easily close the distance when fresh.

Remember 5'9" Kelvin Gastelum blitzed Middleweight Weidman easy.
big ass wiedman too

He's just a hater. Then blames the reach not the skill. I wonder which of his fighter he's afraid Izzy will take out.

kelvin missed Israel by mere inches every swing.. The only thing that saved Israel from getting KO early was kelvin's short arms

He's good but he needs to tweak some things. He is not as fast as he thinks or has the reaction time that he thinks.

A+ Style ---- issue is he has B- reflexes/speed and reaction time for the style. Which is why he is good enough to create the openings, but misses and can't pull the trigger on the counter over and over and over again.

He should be landing way more with the openings he creates. Also has to start to keep his hands up again due to his reaction time not being as good as he thinks.

Ya, onboard with the majority here. Kelvin's a beast and Israel beat him soundly.

It wasn't "for no reason", it was to counter Kelvin's momentum off hooks. He probably could have played it safe at range and then people would sit here and complain that he's a boring point fighter. Instead, he stayed in the pocket to maximize his power and it paid off.
paid off cause kelvin made mistakes i dont think whittaker will. anyways, im not hating israel, at all, i like him. i just dont think hes that much good as others say

isreal was impressive... his chin is a lil suspect and kelvin was throwing with a ton of heat... isreal had to be very careful and fought like a champ

paid off cause kelvin made mistakes i dont think whittaker will. anyways, im not hating israel, at all, i like him. i just dont think hes that much good as others say

He won't fight Whittaker the same way, though. Israel's striking is probably the best in MMA or damn close to it. His ability to adapt his striking to specific opponents is a big deal.

Reach advantage doesn’t mean he’ll keep it at a distance. Watch Kelvin’s footwork and head movement. He used it to close and control distance.
still. if he did cause he trusted his chin, good luck kelvin went for the td when he could have ended it. israel is good and fast. he lacks power and is more hittable than i thought tho

kelvin missed Israel by mere inches every swing.. The only thing that saved Israel from getting KO early was kelvin's short arms

No every fighter that fights Izzy misses by mere inches. Its how he fights.

Israel is supposed to be an ELITE striker who is above Kelvin, but we all know the truth tonight..

He won't fight Whittaker the same way, though. Israel's striking is probably the best in MMA or damn close to it. His ability to adapt his striking to specific opponents is a big deal.
yeah hes good and looks clever. just a bit more hittable than i thought (maybe just this fight lets see) and lacks some power.

Back